Miranda is one year old + bad news

Old November 30th 05, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Miranda is one year old + bad news

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:32:28 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Miranda was born one year ago today. We haven't partied today, because
Frank spent the day at TED's getting fluids. TED tried to convince me to
let Frank go. I think I will take her advice soon. He had lost 300 grams
since the beginning of October, over 10% of his weight.

Also, when Caliban was neutered,he was tested for ringworm again, and he
still carries it, though none of the cats were showing any signs of it.
TED says Frank's weak condition may seriously compromise the treatment,
and he might not even survive the medication.

I still want to see if the fluids perked him up any, but I may have to
consider letting him go soon. But how do you make an appointment to have
your best friend and soulmate killed?

Oh, {{{{Marina}}}}}. I am so sorry. Making that appointment is one
of the hardest things you can ever do. But if Frank is in pain, has
no quality of life left, isn't eating or drinking, those are signs it
is time to give the last gift you can give him.

You are in my thoughts.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 30th 05, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Birthday purrs for Miranda and feel better purrs for Frank and purrs for
yourself too
hugs
Lena

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi
"Marina" wrote in message
Miranda was born one year ago today. We haven't partied today, because
Frank spent the day at TED's getting fluids. TED tried to convince me to
let Frank go. I think I will take her advice soon. He had lost 300 grams
since the beginning of October, over 10% of his weight.

Also, when Caliban was neutered,he was tested for ringworm again, and he
still carries it, though none of the cats were showing any signs of it.
TED says Frank's weak condition may seriously compromise the treatment,
and he might not even survive the medication.

I still want to see if the fluids perked him up any, but I may have to
consider letting him go soon. But how do you make an appointment to have
your best friend and soulmate killed?

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old November 30th 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So sorry to see your message, Marina - why do our cat family have to age
so much faster than us? All I can add to what Karen said is that you
will know when it is the right time, not before, and when you know this,
it will make it a little easier to do. Can your vet do a home visit, so
you don't have to make an appointment or take him on the bus?

Nikki will be waiting for him at the RB.

And not forgetting - Hippo birdies to Mir-mir!

((((( Marina)))))

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old November 30th 05, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Miranda was born one year ago today. We haven't partied today, because
Frank spent the day at TED's getting fluids. TED tried to convince me to
let Frank go. I think I will take her advice soon. He had lost 300 grams
since the beginning of October, over 10% of his weight.

Happy birthday Miranda! But poor Frank. He's had a grand life
though, with lots of adventures and love.

Old November 30th 05, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

sending hugs and purrs.

--
Sandra

Old November 30th 05, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina, I had to make the same decision Jazz. It isn't easy, but when it
comes to the quality of life and the comfort of our furbabies it wasn't that
hard to make the decision to let him go finally. You will find the courage
to make the decision.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old November 30th 05, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oh no. I'm so sorry to hear it. Poor Frank. Poor you. It's too
soon.

Hugs,
Tish

Old November 30th 05, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Miranda was born one year ago today. We haven't partied today, because
Frank spent the day at TED's getting fluids. TED tried to convince me to
let Frank go. I think I will take her advice soon. He had lost 300 grams
since the beginning of October, over 10% of his weight.

BARNABUS:

*$#@ $%^)#@ SHOVE, NIP, HISS *)(#@) ME FIRST!!

Beautiful Miranda, I want to wish you a very happy purrday with lots of
treats and snuggles and a sunbeam for napping. If I were there I would
give you very special headbutts and purrs.

Your most humble gentlecat, Barnabus

FROM THE REST OF US:

Miranda it's hard to believe it has been one year but we are all wishing
you the best with treats and chinscritches and headbutts and a specially
warm lap for napping.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam

TO MARINA AND FRANK:

Sending all of the best purrs in our bodies that this is a decision that
you won't have to make for a while yet. When the time does come we will
be with you and cry with you and remember all the special memories we
have of Frank over all of the years.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus