OT - Amazing story about helpful people and incredible luck

Old June 2nd 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT - Amazing story about helpful people and incredible luck

Great news, I got a job today! I'm so excited!
Here's the whole story of how it happened. It couldn't have been
easier!
Dennis and I have been driving around the area a bit looking a houses
trying to get ideas for what kind of house we want to build. We found
this one house we really liked and pulled over and I got out and took
some pics. I was very embarrassed when I noticed that the people
inside could see me and were watching us.
We went back home and noticed that the pics of the house didn't turn
out all that well because there were too many trees out front. So
Dennis decided we should go back and knock on their door and ask if we
can look at it. So that's what we did.
The lady was home and she's British and they have been here for 3
years. They designed the house themselves and she was very flattered
that we were interested in it. She said she remembered us as being
the picture takers from the week before. They had said to each other
either "they really like it or they hate it".
She invited us in and gave us a tour of the whole house, told us all
about the building company, etc, even told us exactly how much it
cost. Then she gave us a photocopy of the plans to the house (which
they had made themselves and it took them a year to design). The
house is a bit on the big side for us, so we plan to re-design it,
chopping off
several bedrooms and making it a mirror image to accommodate the garage
and entrance to fit the layout of our land.
Then she gave us 2 bottles of wine from the winery where her husband
is an accountant. We were just blown away by the friendliness! Above
and beyond, for sure! Mind you, everyone we've met around here has
been the same way. When going to stores, it's hard to get out because
everyone's so chatty.
Anyway, 2 days after we had visited this lady and the house, I got a
call on my cellphone from this winery where her husband works. Seems
they are looking for someone and had heard from these people with the
house
that I was going to be looking for cellar door work soon. Well, I ended
up
going in there this morning for an interview and they hired me on the
spot! Woo!
I'm going to pour wine to tasters and talk about it with them, also make
cappuccinos, etc, for the people who are driving.
They are all really casual and friendly, the winery (Swings and
Roundabouts) is small and fairly new. They have a nice location in a
rammed earth building on the northern part of Caves Road. It's 35 km
from our house, but it's a nice scenic drive, so I'm sure it will be
fine. They are going to pay me what seems like a great wage to
me, considering I haven't made a cent in 5 years! I'm starting
tomorrow and they want me to work on weekends and a couple of days a
week. Perfect. I can't wait to find out what sorts of staff
discounts they have on their wine, but will wait an appropriate amount
of time to broach the subject ;-)
Anyway, enough about that. Just had to spread my good news, I'm so
excited, my first job in half a decade!!!
The work hours are very civilized, 10-5, so I'm sure I'll be able to
keep up with the NG no problem. I'm so glad I got a job, Dennis is
heading out to work again for 4 weeks starting on Tuesday. Was feeling
like I might be a little bit adrift now that we're all settled in. But
now I have a job and a purpose :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old June 2nd 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
The work hours are very civilized, 10-5, so I'm sure I'll be able to
keep up with the NG no problem. I'm so glad I got a job, Dennis is
heading out to work again for 4 weeks starting on Tuesday. Was feeling
like I might be a little bit adrift now that we're all settled in. But
now I have a job and a purpose :-)

Most excellent news!!! Congratulations.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 2nd 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Great news, Britta, con-cat-ulations! Is "cellar door" work the same as
"under the table" - e.g. not official, not taxed, etc.?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 2nd 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

No, cellar door is working at the cellar door of a winery, where they
have the tastings. People drive all around the area, there are over 80
wineries here now. They stop in and taste wines and decide which ones
they want to buy. Like Napa valley, Sonoma, etc.

Old June 2nd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
But
now I have a job and a purpose :-)

That's amazing, Britta! Congratulations! Everything just seems to come
together for you. Wow.

Old June 2nd 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:00:30 +0800, badwilson wrote:

[...]

Purrs for success in your new job. MLB

Old June 2nd 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:00:30 +0800, "badwilson"
wrote:

Great news, I got a job today! I'm so excited!

Woo hoo! congratulations Britta! People in Western Australia are
really very friendly - that's one reason I wouldn't mind living there
even though it's so far away from Melbourne (but it's a lot less far
than I am now :P )
Old June 2nd 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

way cool, Britta. Hope the job is everything you envision it to be.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come