Back in Action......... somewhat

Old December 6th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

Default Back in Action......... somewhat

"Karen" wrote in message
Dec. 29. To be honest, I'm a bit excited because I am hoping this is going
to fix a LOT of problems . ...

Karen,

Purrs are on the way for a successful surgery, rapid recovery, and the
resolution you anticipate.

Annie

Old December 6th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
Dec. 29. To be honest, I'm a bit excited because I am hoping this is

going
to fix a LOT of problems . ...

Karen,

Purrs are on the way for a successful surgery, rapid recovery, and the
resolution you anticipate.

Annie

Thanks. I sure didn't mean to hijack Kili's thread! It's really comforting
to see her at the computer after such radical surgery. I figure mine should
barely be a bump in the road!

Old December 6th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Karen" wrote in message
Dec. 29. To be honest, I'm a bit excited because I am hoping this
is going to fix a LOT of problems . ...

Karen,

Purrs are on the way for a successful surgery, rapid recovery, and
the resolution you anticipate.

Annie

Thanks. I sure didn't mean to hijack Kili's thread! It's really
comforting to see her at the computer after such radical surgery. I
figure mine should barely be a bump in the road!

You didn't hijack the thread! You'll be fine. Shoots, I had my stomach cut
from hip to hip, a muscle slid up to my chest, 2 ribs removed, part of my
sternum and I had a complete mastectomy and a week and a half after being
out of the hospital, off pain meds, off antibiotics, I'm moving. I still
can't bend over and I'm walking rather hunched, but if I can do it, YOU can!

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Old December 6th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

To be honest, you AMAZE me. You are my idol

Old December 6th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

"Karen" wrote in message
Dec. 29. To be honest, I'm a bit excited because I am hoping this
is going to fix a LOT of problems . ...

Purrs are on the way for a successful surgery, rapid recovery, and
the resolution you anticipate.

Thanks. I sure didn't mean to hijack Kili's thread! It's really
comforting to see her at the computer after such radical surgery. I
figure mine should barely be a bump in the road!

You didn't hijack the thread! You'll be fine. Shoots, I had my stomach cut
from hip to hip, a muscle slid up to my chest, 2 ribs removed, part of my
sternum and I had a complete mastectomy and a week and a half after being
out of the hospital, off pain meds, off antibiotics, I'm moving. I still
can't bend over and I'm walking rather hunched, but if I can do it, YOU can!

Kili sweety, you are one heck of a tough cookie! (meant with extreme
praise...)

Good luck with the op Karen! Hysterectomies aren't something to sign
up for unless you really need one, but if you do then it can be a
minor miracle for your health...
Old December 6th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

kilikini wrote:
Hi, folks!

Today is the first day that I feel good enough to sit at the computer and I
wanted to thank you for the incoming cards! It's been such a treat to read
them, since all I've been able to do is sit on my butt since the surgery
Nov. 21st. It's one of the few bright spots in my day.

On to the "kids"...........

Pua's the only one who seems to understand that I'm not the same. My MIL
bought me one of those motorized recliners (which has been a GODSEND) and
Pua has made it her spot to lay by my legs on the foot part of the chair and
ward off Chloe & Tyrone with some paw slaps. If Pua decides to get up to
lay in the sun or get a bit of fresh air from one of the open windows,
Tyrone immediately jumps up on my belly and starts kneading where the
incision is from my removed stomach muscles. I literally scream, swipe him
off and immediately feel badly for doing so. Tyrone just doesn't "get" it
and I know it's not his fault, although I've lifted up my shirt to show him
the incision and had him smell it. Chloe, on the other hand, circles the
chair, pitifully mewing, but I can't reach down to pet her because of the
chest surgery, and that breaks my heart, too. Chloe has never been the lap
cat, instead preferring to lay *just* out of reach and cry for extended
scritches - which makes it impossible for me to give her lovin's right now.

On a good note, my MIL has been coming over every morning to fill up water
dishes, food dishes and clean the boxes. She also does our dishes for me,
sweeps & mops the floors and cleans the bathroom. I'm lucky I get along so
well with my in-law; she's been such a HUGE help.

So, meanwhile, I'm giving out multiple purrs to all who need them, hugs to
everyone in the group, and well-wishes to all for a happy holiday season.

kili - Pua, Chloe & Tyrone
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

So glad to hear you're ding better, kili. That's so nice of your MIL to
help out with the kitties.

Purring for a full recovery soon.

Ginger-lyn
Old December 6th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Karen wrote:
Dec. 29. To be honest, I'm a bit excited because I am hoping this is going
to fix a LOT of problems I've begun having this year as well as ones I've
had since my 20's. The main thing I worried about was how I could test and
shoot Pearl until I am cleared to lift 10lbs. But my sister from Texas is
coming up to spend the first week with me! I'm nervous because I have never
had major surgery but considering my mom hit menopause at 56 and I am only
43, I'm not keen on the idea of trying to "wait things out". I mean, I'm
getting anemic and sick and everything else. IT's been a BAD year that way.
At any rate, things will be BOUND to be better after.

Yes, of course, there's that. But still, it's always a bit scary to have
that kind of major surgery. So soon! We will be purring for you and
sincerely hoping things get better, indeed.

Old December 6th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

OMG you're a trooper kili!! Purrs for you to heal quickly and feel much
better.

Old December 6th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Karen" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Karen wrote:

You need one of those reacher things. I'm thinking of getting one. Have
to have a hysterectomy and don't know how soon I'll be able to bend.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Karen. Lots of purrs on the way. Do you have
a date set?

Dec. 29. To be honest, I'm a bit excited because I am hoping this is going
to fix a LOT of problems I've begun having this year as well as ones I've
had since my 20's. The main thing I worried about was how I could test and
shoot Pearl until I am cleared to lift 10lbs. But my sister from Texas is
coming up to spend the first week with me! I'm nervous because I have
never
had major surgery but considering my mom hit menopause at 56 and I am only
43, I'm not keen on the idea of trying to "wait things out". I mean, I'm
getting anemic and sick and everything else. IT's been a BAD year that
way.
At any rate, things will be BOUND to be better after.

\
Best wishes with the surgery Karen; I hope it all goes well and things get
better for you health wise

Old December 7th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

kilikini wrote:

You didn't hijack the thread! You'll be fine. Shoots, I had my stomach cut
from hip to hip, a muscle slid up to my chest, 2 ribs removed, part of my
sternum and I had a complete mastectomy and a week and a half after being
out of the hospital, off pain meds, off antibiotics, I'm moving. I still
can't bend over and I'm walking rather hunched, but if I can do it, YOU can!

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

I am well and truly impressed.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Harriet update, back in the hospital Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 45 September 27th 05 03:41 AM
Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
Decorating the Tree With Mommy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 53 January 17th 05 11:59 PM
Back in action Pat Cat anecdotes 9 October 24th 04 10:18 AM
Crazy kitties (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 August 20th 04 04:20 AM