I adopted a cat today!

Old November 10th 10, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

Default I adopted a cat today!

On Nov 10, 12:23*pm, MeOwy wrote:
On Nov 9, 8:01*pm, "Granby" wrote:

innoscentallie mine paw! *Piglett knowing he likes cheese too and probably
snatched it off the counter.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...
On Nov 9, 4:21 pm, "Granby" wrote:

Oh WooToo that air lufflie idearment. Jus lettuce know when anna where and
we willz be dere. Piglett looking in the fridge, which she opened herself
to see what tidbits are in there to take.

Human note. I came home from work today to find the door open and the
cheese on the floor. Was one of the few times I bought the individual
wrapped \slices and sever had been sampled.

Dey wuz making shoor dat da cheez wuz gud four yoo. Kittees gotta tak
car ob der hoomins

--
Wascal, innocently holding a small piece of sliced cheese.

Wascal pawblee gnot naymed "Wascal" fur nuffin!
MeOwy

I iz bein cricket-sized. eats cheese

--
Wascal
Old November 15th 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

"...
He wearz itself well. Piglett smiling behind her paw.
"MeOwy On Nov 9, 8:01 pm, "Granby" wrote:
innoscentallie mine paw! Piglett knowing he likes cheese too and probably
snatched it off the counter.

Oh WooToo that air lufflie idearment. Jus lettuce know when anna where
and
we willz be dere. Piglett looking in the fridge, which she opened
herself
to see what tidbits are in there to take.

Human note. I came home from work today to find the door open and the
cheese on the floor. Was one of the few times I bought the individual
wrapped \slices and sever had been sampled.

Dey wuz making shoor dat da cheez wuz gud four yoo. Kittees gotta tak
car ob der hoomins

--
Wascal, innocently holding a small piece of sliced cheese.

Wascal pawblee gnot naymed "Wascal" fur nuffin!
MeOwy

Wascal iz uh funnee furend uff myne. yeUP Wee wike cheeze tew but kant opun
da frige.
*nosepoinks tew mai bootiful wife ai luvz yew vury mutch 3
Mosey

Old November 15th 10, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Piglett, yew iz rite abaowt all uff dat. yeUP. Luffs, Mosey for hiz hoam

Unkle Gandiff I hatez ta korrect u in front of deze kitties here but you
gotted sumphin furri rong. SHE adopted YOU. Did u letted her skratch
urown earz? NOPE but her kamed up to you and letted u skratch herown
earz. Did urself roll ofver and letted her skratch ur tummy? NOPE but
she let you skratch herown tummy. Jus wanna keep da rekord strait az to
who, or iz itself whom, iz in charje. Piglett having read on the other
group that the kitty liked him right away and came for scratches and a
tummy rub.

(Gandalf)

I just got home with Lorelei about 30 minutes ago

She's a big BIG kitty!

Big as in large boned, and big as is VERY chubby, too.

She's sort of hiding under my dining room table right now.

I'm sure she is quite scared; poor kitty

At her previous humans, she came right up to me, and let me scratch her
ears, and she rolled over and let me rub her tummy, too.

She's mostly a silver tabby, with a bit of brown thrown in.

Her eyes are a pale blue color, and are very pretty.

I'm going to let her settle in here for a week or so, and let her eat as
much as she wants, while she gets used to my home.

Her previous humans left kibble out all of the time, and fed her canned
food as well.

Now I'm very glad that I kept the 4 or 5 cans of Fancy feast that Kenzie
wouldn't touch.

Then, she's going to have to go on a diet

I don't want her to develop diabetes, or some other weight related
illness.

I will start gradually reducing her food, fairly slowly, to make it as
easy on her system as possible.

And, she is due for vaccinations.

I had planned to take her to my vet for a 'check-up' in a week or so
anyways, but she needs a feline distemper booster, and possibly a rabies
vaccination, as well.

Her former humans got her her vaccinations when she was a kitten, but
the last time was in to see the vet was about 2 years ago.

I will have her records faxed to my vet, probably tomorrow.

It was over 60 miles, one way, to go pick her up.

On the way home, after about 10 miles, she started meowing in the
carrier. Not crying, like Kenzie used to, but letting me know she wasn't
really very happy about what was going on.

I think she took a car ride that was about 1 hour and 15 minutes REALLY
well.

Her human told me that she only ever went to the local vet, who was very
close by.

She was a strictly indoor only cat; she lived with a male Siamese cat,
and a TINY 4 lb. Pomeranian who was JUST adorable.

I have two decent pictures of her, taken in her old home. I found my
camera with a dead battery in it: I had left it turned on, the last time
I used it.

Fortunately, I have a spare rechargeable battery, but now my camera is
REALLY acting up: the flash mostly doesn't flash, and the auto focus
doesn't seem to work, either I took a BUNCH of photos, and the flash
worked one time. Another photo came out OK, mostly through sheer luck.

I feel more than a bit sad, at having up rooted poor Lorelei from the
only home she's ever known, and separated her from her humans, as well
as her cat brother, and the little dog that she loved

But, I'm sure that she will adjust.

She seems like a very laid back and gentle cat.

I have not heard a sound from her, since I let her out of the carrier.

She's basically trying to 'hide' on the bottom shelf of a bookcase, in a
corner.

Someone from RPCA is going to put the pics I took of her on the 'net;
when I get the link, I'll post it here.

Gandalf

Old November 15th 10, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

O T grins at Unkle Adam. U iz rite she iz fluffy and we knowz dat iza
gudgud fingie.

Louise doesn't like large fat cats. She was "terrorized" by one (in her
opinion) for ten years.

Poor Louise.

And then there was the arrival at the SPCA of one they described as
"overfed to the point of abuse." Not a large cat, just FAT. She
eventually found a good home with someone who put her on a diet.

Adam

Well, that's a good thing then. Bad human to overfeed to the point of abuse.
Purrs to Louise
Mosey's Mom Kyla