New Cat Community

Old November 28th 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default New Cat Community

Hi Folks!

I've been a lurker of these groups for a little while and hugely enjoy reading them .

I wanted to let you know about a friendly community that I've set up called CatHow (http://www.cathow.com). It's recently been upgraded so that you can post photos to albums and comes with lots of handy features for adding videos and photos.

We're recently re-launched and on the lookout for cat-loving members (and moderators for the future), so I hope some of you may come and check us out! If you have any thoughts on new sections to add or suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

Hope to see you over there
Old November 28th 11, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

wrote in message
Hi Folks!

I've been a lurker of these groups for a little while and
hugely enjoy reading them .

I wanted to let you know about a friendly community that I've
set up called CatHow (http://www.cathow.com). It's recently
been upgraded so that you can post photos to albums and comes
with lots of handy features for adding videos and photos.

We're recently re-launched and on the lookout for cat-loving
members (and moderators for the future), so I hope some of you
may come and check us out! If you have any thoughts on new
sections to add or suggestions for improvement, please let me
know.

Hope to see you over there

I've been and taken a look, after checking the whois data. It's
registered to an individual in the UK. It appears to be another
web-based forum, and 'safe' - so, if you have the time, you may
want to add it to your list of forums to visit / register.

Personally, I get my virtual feline fix here (and in 'another
place'), I won't have time to read and post to yet another forum!

--
MatSav

Old November 28th 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 11/28/2011 5:39 PM, MatSav wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for checking it out - I've been leery of going to any new web
site since I got a virus that almost wiped out my hard drive (I'm an
absolute dummy when it comes to safe web surfing - Ben has given me all
the anti-virus stuff, but he finally just told me to stick to sites I
already know). Like you, though, I don't think I could handle another
forum - FB is getting 100 - 200 posts a day now and I just can't keep up.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old November 29th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Thanks for taking a look MatSav, I really appreciate it! The forums
having been growing day by day and we've got a really friendly bunch
on there now.

Have you got any thoughts or comments on how I could improve it? I've
added a user album section recently to allow members to have their own
galleries, which I hope will work out well.

All the best,
Ian
Old November 30th 11, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I wanted to let you know about a friendly community that I've
set up called CatHow (http://www.cathow.com). It's recently
been upgraded so that you can post photos to albums and comes
with lots of handy features for adding videos and photos.

Well it isn't Facebook so it looks okay. I might even join,
though I won't participate much while this group remains active.

There are a few flamey topics you maybe ought to keep under control
if you want to learn from our experience, though.

Old December 1st 11, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Hi Folks!

I've been a lurker of these groups for a little while and hugely enjoy
reading them .

I wanted to let you know about a friendly community that I've set up
called CatHow (http://www.cathow.com). It's recently been upgraded so that
you can post photos to albums and comes with lots of handy features for
adding videos and photos.

We're recently re-launched and on the lookout for cat-loving members (and
moderators for the future)

(snip)

Sorry, I don't play well with moderators. It's not up to a few people to
judge and censor what I post.

Jill

Old December 2nd 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sorry, I don't play well with moderators. *It's not up to a few people to
judge and censor what I post.

Jill

Hi Jill,

The moderators on here aren't censoring posts or pre-checking anything
(so it doesn't work like a moderated newsgroup) - it's simply to make
sure that any spam is removed and so there is a contact point for site
problems .
Old December 4th 11, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message

Sorry, I don't play well with moderators. It's not up to a few people to
judge and censor what I post.

Jill

The moderators on here aren't censoring posts or pre-checking anything
(so it doesn't work like a moderated newsgroup) - it's simply to make
sure that any spam is removed and so there is a contact point for site
problems .

I'm not talking about moderated newsgroups. (I don't know of any moderated
newsgroups, come to think of it. And I wouldn't join one at any rate.) I
don't see a lot of spam here. That's what filters and killfiles are for,
anyway. As for trolls, we have a unique way of dealing with them

The problem with moderated web forums is when you appoint people
"moderators" eventually they tend to turn into petty dictators. Give
someone a little power and they'll find a way to abuse it. I'm perfectly
happy with this newsgroup. Most of us here have known each other for years.
We've shared laughs, sorrows, joys and pain. I can't remember when I joined
this newsgroup (who remembers what year the split happened? I'm drawing a
blank on that.) At any rate, I'm perfectly happy with this newsgroup.

Jill

Old December 4th 11, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I'm not happy with the fact that it is usually pretty dead around here.
Most have gone over to the Dark Side. I miss the lively discussions we
used to have. But I might be in the minority about that. The "beauty" of
Facebook is that you can't have conversations of substance. It's not
designed to accomodate that. Sure, you can write long comments, but they're
unwieldy. Usenet is a much better format for long discussions. But most
people seem to prefer short, innocuous commentary. Nothing inherently
wrong with that, but I find it frustrating because that's not why I use
the Internet.

So does the new cat forum have more actual conversations?

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown
Old December 4th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/4/2011 4:34 PM, wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

+1

So does the new cat forum have more actual conversations?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: