Are my cats huge?

Old December 29th 04, 07:25 AM
Mark Healey

Default Are my cats huge?

Several people have independently refered to my cats as Monster cats.
They never seemed that big to me. I decided to weight them by holding
them while I'm on the scale and then weighing myself.

One of them is 21 pounds and the other is 20. These just regular
short hair cats and they aren't fat.

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com
Old December 29th 04, 09:38 AM
Mathew Kagis

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

C.O.U.S.'s... Personally I don't belive they exist. There's been some
roumors, around the fire swamp & all. But the next thing you know, you'll
be believing in six fingerd men....
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old December 29th 04, 02:19 PM
Rob

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

C.O.U.S.'s... Personally I don't belive they exist. There's been some
roumors, around the fire swamp & all. But the next thing you know, you'll
be believing in six fingerd men....
--

ahahaha, great movie .

Old December 29th 04, 02:51 PM
Paul O.

"Mark Healey" wrote in message
Several people have independently refered to my cats as Monster cats.
They never seemed that big to me. I decided to weight them by holding
them while I'm on the scale and then weighing myself.

One of them is 21 pounds and the other is 20. These just regular
short hair cats and they aren't fat.

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

Can you post pics to the binary group? We always like to see the kittys.
--
Paul O.
My sig line is my disclaimer to any advice given

Absolutely clueless when it comes to cats
Learning more every day, but still clueless

Old December 29th 04, 03:31 PM
Mary

"Mark Healey" wrote

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

--

Oh Jesus, do we have a PC term for fat cats now?

Old December 29th 04, 03:31 PM
Mary

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

C.O.U.S.'s... Personally I don't belive they exist. There's been some
roumors, around the fire swamp & all. But the next thing you know, you'll
be believing in six fingerd men....
--

Ohh, I see. It is like UFOs?

Old December 29th 04, 03:34 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article qWuAd.16694$nN6.8271@edtnps84,
"Mathew Kagis" wrote:

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

C.O.U.S.'s... Personally I don't belive they exist. There's been some
roumors, around the fire swamp & all. But the next thing you know, you'll
be believing in six fingerd men....

My cousin was born with six fingers.

Priscilla

--
"It is very, very dangerous to treat any human, lowest
of the low even, with contempt and arrogant whatever.
Old December 29th 04, 03:44 PM
Kelly

Hi Mark,

I have a male cat who is a big boy. He is 15 pounds and not overweight at
all. So if your guys are about 20 lbs and you're positive that they're not
overweight, then I would definitely say that they are BIG for a cat. Are
they related? Where did you get them? There are definitely certain breeds
of cats that are known to get very large, but it's not unusual to see big
cats in regular domestic strays either. My guy is just a regular domestic
short hair orange tabby... no purebred of any sort.

Kelly

Old December 29th 04, 03:55 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mark Healey" wrote in message
Several people have independently refered to my cats as Monster cats.
They never seemed that big to me. I decided to weight them by holding
them while I'm on the scale and then weighing myself.

One of them is 21 pounds and the other is 20. These just regular
short hair cats and they aren't fat.

Are they C.O.U.S.es (Cats Of Unusual Size)?

Well, they're certainly way bigger than average! Male Maine Coon cats are
often that big, & maybe some other breeds - or mixtures of breeds. For a
(limited) comparison, my cats have been approx. 8, 7 - 8½, 10 -13½, & 14½
pounds.

Cathy