Any friends of Megan: Can you ask about Henry?

Old August 22nd 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

Default Any friends of Megan: Can you ask about Henry?

On 21 Aug 2006 11:13:41 +0200, "cybercat"
wrote:

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Brian Link wrote:
I don't wanna relive that whole episode, because as far as I'm
concerned Megan and I both acted badly, and I don't wanna argue about
"degrees of acting badly". It's all out there to be googled for those
into soap operas. I removed a section of cardboard from the screen
door early, and she got upset. I wasn't flinging him around the house
by his tail.

LOL...I think everyone knows that, Brian.

Anyway, it's clear that I'm not gonna hear back, and with that I'll
just accept that's the way it is.

We have three cats right now, Louis and Tiger, adopted brothers, and
Chloe from California. They've reached equilibrium, and I'm happy.

That's good. Has Louis quit peeing?

NO. And I do believe that is why Henry got tossed. That is what really kills
me.

Louis isn't peeing anymore. We gave over Henry because we simply
didn't have the resources for the round the clock management necessary
to integrate him into the house.

We had a good start, but all it took was one big fight three weeks in
to make the cats hate each other.

Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old August 22nd 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Brian Link" wrote

Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.

Regardless, anyone with any sense would let you know how he is doing.
Megan is being downright spiteful.

Old August 22nd 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
crickeh-re-hawd

cybercat wrote:
"Brian Link" wrote

Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.

Regardless, anyone with any sense would let you know how he is doing.
Megan is being downright spiteful.

According to MaryL, Brain was abusive, I started posting on here long
about the time the whole thing was coming to a head, so I don't really
know if Brian was abusive or not.

If Brian was abusive then I wouldn't oblige him either

just because someone gives a person a cat, this in no way enslaves that
person to the giver.

that's just becomes weird at some point

she does not have an obligation to him

morally? well.. had he not plucked her nerves it wouldn't be an issue
now would it?

you just don't like megan so **** the topic, you just see oppurtunity
to take a shot at megan

~~~~~~~

Old August 29th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

On 22 Aug 2006 14:17:04 -0700, "crickeh-re-hawd"
wrote:

cybercat wrote:
"Brian Link" wrote

Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.

Regardless, anyone with any sense would let you know how he is doing.
Megan is being downright spiteful.

According to MaryL, Brain was abusive, I started posting on here long
about the time the whole thing was coming to a head, so I don't really
know if Brian was abusive or not.

If Brian was abusive then I wouldn't oblige him either

just because someone gives a person a cat, this in no way enslaves that
person to the giver.

that's just becomes weird at some point

she does not have an obligation to him

morally? well.. had he not plucked her nerves it wouldn't be an issue
now would it?

you just don't like megan so **** the topic, you just see oppurtunity
to take a shot at megan

~~~~~~~

Yah. Megan was pretty ****y with me, but I still respect her. Smart
but psycho. I think she must be some sort of cat savant, like Temple
Grandin.

She's dropped off the map here in rpchb, though, so I'm curious..

Plucking her nerves - yah, whatever. I just wanna know how the cat
that _I_ rescued and the _I_ brought into my house, much to the
distress of my resident felines, is doing.

Henry woulda been dog food except for me. Where were you, Megan and
your defenders, when he was scratching around for food?

Yet somehow I'm the villain here. Geez.

Sometimes I wonder how much people actually care about cats here,
rather than want to defend their egos.

Bah. This is Usenet, I guess.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old August 29th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Brian Link wrote:
Yah. Megan was pretty ****y with me, but I still respect her. Smart
but psycho. I think she must be some sort of cat savant, like Temple
Grandin.

Ya know, Brian, raggin on Megan really doesn't become you. You really
need to let it go. I agree that her refusing to give you updates is
petty, but what you are doing is really petty too. Let it go, man.

-L.

Old August 30th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Brian Link wrote:

Henry woulda been dog food except for me. Where were you, Megan and
your defenders, when he was scratching around for food?

Brian,

It's great that you rescued Henry. You don't have to convince everyone
on a cat group that you were wonderful for rescuing a cat.

I don't get the "where were you" sentence though -- are you saying Megan
and others should have rescued him in the first place? It sounds like
you're trying to put others down for not rescuing Henry, or that you are
the good guy and no one else. That's the tone, anyway.

I know you want to know how he's doing but I'll bet it won't happen now.
I don't know what happened between you and Megan after you visited Henry
the first time, but I think Megan is going to give Henry a good life and
you can relax about the whole issue. If something does happen with
Henry's health, I know from reading her posts that she is always right
on top of things.

Rhonda

Old August 31st 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

On 28 Aug 2006 23:23:26 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Brian Link wrote:
Yah. Megan was pretty ****y with me, but I still respect her. Smart
but psycho. I think she must be some sort of cat savant, like Temple
Grandin.

Ya know, Brian, raggin on Megan really doesn't become you. You really
need to let it go. I agree that her refusing to give you updates is
petty, but what you are doing is really petty too. Let it go, man.

-L.

Consider me chastised. I just love cats, and have a hard time dealing
with interpersonal crap that gets in the way.

Sure I'm mad at her silence, but do notice that I compliment her in my
post. Equating someone to Temple Grandin is high praise in my book
Megan seems to have a real talent for dealing with cats. Radio silence
is just juvenile, though.

Good old Henry. Just wish I had something to tell those kids in my
neighborhood who ask about him.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old August 31st 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:45:58 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Brian Link wrote:

[...]

Thanks Rhonda. I'm sorry to stir this whole thing up again. But adults
should be able to talk with each other...

I had a big fight with my brother - we hated each other for years -
but we'd still answer each other's phone calls.

The fact that Megan has gone dark makes me worry about the welfare of
my good old Henry. How hard is it to answer an email? Even if it's to
say "you suck, but Henry's fine".

I can accept that someone might be antisocial with humans. But when
there are pets involved it makes me worried.

So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old August 31st 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Brian Link" wrote

So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".

You're getting exactly what you deserve, Brian.

Old August 31st 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Brian Link" wrote

Good old Henry. Just wish I had something to tell those kids in my
neighborhood who ask about him.

How you managed to miss the fact that Megan is a spiteful, controlling
nutcase is hard to figure out. Did you really expect her to play fair?
Anyone who opposes her for any reason winds up the target of her
rage and spite. She is a very unhappy woman. That said, Henry is
probably fine. Her sociopathic tendencies do not appear to extend
to cats.