[OT] Hypnosis Anyone?

Old January 9th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad

Default Hypnosis Anyone?

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:42:40 -0800, Joy wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On 09 Jan 2008 00:32:59 GMT,
wrote:
Joy wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

Newsflash: being overweight is from stuffing your face. Quit putting
food
in your mouth in excess of your needs and you'll quit being so
overweight.

Like most good advice, that is easier said than done.

It's also way oversimplistic. I'm not saying there is no relationship

Actually not. It all boils down to calories used and calories supplied.

If you eat more than you burn, you'll gain wait. End of story.

The reason america is so obese is due to the fact that people eat out
far more often than before, eat huge portions, and get almost no exercise
at all. Walk to the car, have it drive your fat ass to work. Have it
drive your fat ass home. Have it drive your fat ass to a restaurant, and
then eat four times too much. Then have it drive your fat ass home.
Spend
the entire evening in front of the TV then go to bed.

When you eat too much, your stomach expands and it takes more to fill it.
People don't eat till they're full anyway. They eat until they're beyond
full.

Get a job 5-15 miles from home. Leave the car home and take a bike
to/from
work. Quit eating when you're full. Don't eat when you're not hungry.

Also, cut out processed foods. They burn up in a flash and leave you
with a pile of insulin and no sugar. You end up hungry way to quickly and
the cycle repeats. Eat food that takes a long time to be processed and
eat less. Fast food is the same as snack food; it isn't really food and
should be avoided.

How self-righteous can you be?

No, just reitering what should be painfully obvious.

America's current obeisity problem is due to just two things: the automobile,
and processed food.

It isn't just diet. It isn't metabolism. When the nazis liberated the
concentration camps, there were no fat people: "They don't feed starvation
portions, work us work all day, and I still gain weight!"

Old January 9th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

Default [OT] Hypnosis Anyone?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:59:58 -0000, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:42:15 -0600, CatNipped wrote:
Has anyone here had experience with a hypnotist? I'm trying to talk DH into
going to one in order to help him quit smoking without gaining weight. I'd
like to be able to relate some success stories to him to help him make the
decision to spend the bucks it takes ($1,600 for 14 session - once a week
for 8 weeks then once a month for "maintenance").

Sounds like a scam.

The best treatment is to visit some lung cancer patients in the hospital.

Do what my late father did and break a rib in an automobile accident.
Smoking caused coughing and coughing caused pain. The result was no
smoking and he didn't start back after the rib healed.

Bud
Old January 9th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:42:40 -0800, Joy wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On 09 Jan 2008 00:32:59 GMT,

wrote:
Joy wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

[...]

Metabolism does make a difference in some people.

The Nazis didn't liberate the concentration camps; the allies did.

I've seen pictures of those liberated people. They were anything but poster
children for good health.

Joy

Old January 9th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

we went to a group session once for free, I wanted to go for the weight loss
effects, DH quit smoking for 4 years, and was there just to be with me, he
is btw a very strong willed individual, *GRAMBY say NOTHING*

have also done laser for weight loss and I think it worked very well, look
into that as it is much less expensive, Lee

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 9th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Stormmee kirjoitti:
we went to a group session once for free, I wanted to go for the weight loss
effects, DH quit smoking for 4 years, and was there just to be with me, he
is btw a very strong willed individual, *GRAMBY say NOTHING*

have also done laser for weight loss and I think it worked very well, look
into that as it is much less expensive, Lee

Laser for weight loss?? How does it work? What is lasered??

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 9th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

they do pressure points same thing as accu puncture but use a light laser
and run it across the skin, very comfortable and if done right very
relaxing, takes about 45 minutes, Lee

Old January 9th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My my honeychild what makes you think I would say anything about something
that is a fact? Two strong willed people in one house, makes living alone
seem ok.

Old January 9th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:

Thank you for the generous offer, but I don't think it would help. Ben's
father died of cancer after a long and difficult battle and
*that's* not enough to make him quit. Nor is the fact that his
mother almost died of a heart attack from being overweight enough to
make him diet. I also know that nagging and trying to get him to try
different methods will not help him if he doesn't have the personal
motivation, but it's just really hard to watch someone you love harm
themselves continuously.
Hugs,

CatNipped

My main reason for stopping smoking was the potential harm I was doing to
people around me, and the cats. What helped to not start again was
calculating how much I'd speant on cigarettes, even though they're a lot
more expensive here than in the US I'm sure Ben has speant a small fortune,
mine worked out at £60,000.00 or $120,000.00
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 9th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Instead of figuring out what I had already spent, I decided to
'reward' myself for quitting smoking by buying myself a new (or
2) cd each month, or spend the money I would have smoked on
books, or whatever I wanted that I used to feel guilty about
buying. I've accumulated quite a nice collection of music since
1996

Sara

Old January 9th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Normin kirjoitti:

Instead of figuring out what I had already spent, I decided to
'reward' myself for quitting smoking by buying myself a new (or
2) cd each month, or spend the money I would have smoked on
books, or whatever I wanted that I used to feel guilty about
buying. I've accumulated quite a nice collection of music since
1996

Sara

My mom "started smoking" by putting into a jar the then equivalent sum
of one packet of smokes a day. After some time she deposited it on her
bank account. Can't remember for how long she kept it up, but it turned
out to be an easy way to save a fair amount of money...