Kenzie's clinic will now accept donations for her ultrasound directly!

Old October 4th 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Kenzie's clinic will now accept donations for her ultrasound directly!

I had a LONG talk with the business manager for my clinic today. She
turned out to be a very nice person, and I explained the entire
situation to her.

I got her to agree to accept donations, directly at the clinic, for
Kenzie's ultrasound!

It was a long discussion. Apparently, the clinic got burned for $1000
when a 3nd party was 'going to' to pay for somebody else's fees.

The clinic never got paid.

Hence, the initial refusal to accept '3rd party' donations.

So, checks can be sent directly to my clinic,

Uptown Veterinarian
3131 Hennepin Ave. So.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408
ATTN: Kate

Kenzie's name MUST be included with the check. And the line 'ATTN: Kate'
is very important, so it gets to the right person!

Credit card payments can be made by calling the clinic directly: 612
825-6859.

People must ask for either Kate or Traci, on the phone to make a
donation, and again Kenzie's, name MUST be used.

Because full payment for the ultrasound is 'due at the time of service',
I'll have to wait until most of the money to pay for the ultrasound is
available, before I can make an appointment.

So, I'm hoping this will help a lot to make it easier for people to
donate for Kenzie's ultrasound.

Kenzie started eating a little better over the weekend. I guess the
appetite stimulant, combined with the prednisone, finally started
working.

I don't think she's eating enough to maintain her weight, but ANY food
she eats is better than nothing, of course.

Thank you all for your help with the cost of Kenzie's ultrasound!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101004-0, 10/04/2010
Tested on: 10/4/2010 3:50:31 PM

Old October 5th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

What are the opening hours of the clinic? I rang an hour ago (Midday, my
time) and they were shut. By my calculations, that would be 8pm, late but
not necessarily that late for some clinics (my local one would have been
shut, but the one in town would be open for to 10pm for regular clients, and
there's still an emergency vet in there 'just in case' - although you pay
his/her overtime rates for it).

Thanks,

Yowie

Old October 5th 10, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:08:53 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

[...]

Their hours are 8AM to 6PM, M-F, 9AM to 12PM Sat. Central Standard Time,
USA

Thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101004-1, 10/04/2010
Tested on: 10/4/2010 9:50:22 PM

Old October 5th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote:

[...]

The problem with calling overseas is that there's really only a small
window of opportunity each day to get through, which in this case is
between 6am and 10am my time, or 2pm to 6pm your time.

So I rang at 6:30am, my time, and found that both Kate and Traci weren't
in the office, and I'd have to ring back. They were lovely and offered
to call me back, but I thought that was a bit unfair on their phone
costs. I don't know how much it costs to call Australia from there,
although I have a special plan so that I can call overseas and it
doens't cost too much. Had I set up Skype, it would have been even less.

So I don't know who I talked to, but she was both surprised to hear an
Aussie ring up for Kenzie and thrilled that I said "G'Day" to her.
Although not helping Kenzie (I'll try again in an hour) its still pretty
neat to be able to make someone's day over the phone just by having a
'cool accent' and saying the Great Aussie Greeting to them. Its made my
day too.

Such is the power of RPCA when we are working together. We not only
touch each other's lives, but touch those around us as well. I am
honoured to be part of such a group, and am humbled to be the receiver -
many times over - of the happiness, joy and sense of global community
that this group can bring.

Yowie
Old October 6th 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 5 Oct, 10:12, wrote:

Yes, I'm going to wait a day or two before I send off a check, so go
ahead!

Just did- let me know you got it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 6th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

On 5 Oct, 10:12, wrote:

Yes, I'm going to wait a day or two before I send off a check, so go
ahead!

Just did- let me know you got it

Got it! Did you get my email response?

Joyce

--
Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
Old October 6th 10, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 20:50:31 GMT, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)
wrote:

[...]

Kate called from my clinic today, and said that in addition to herself
and Traci, Jessica can now also process telephone donations for Kenzie.

The donations have to be processed differently than other payments, and
Kate wanted to be sure there would be somebody available to do this
whenever somebody called.

When Yowie called, (THANK YOU Yowie!) nobody was available to process
her donation, and she felt bad about that.

The people at my clinic really are VERY nice.

That's why I was SO upset and disappointed at the initial refusal to
take donations for Kenzie.

It just took a bit of 'human contact' to get things put into
perspective.

And then, of course, they agreed to take donations for Kenzie.

My deepest thanks to all who have made donations

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101006-0, 10/06/2010
Tested on: 10/6/2010 1:07:10 PM

Old October 15th 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

What happened? Did a tornado come your way? Or did the place just get
a face lift? How is Giovanni and the other fur kids? I still wonder if
you ever found any trace of Milo. Best wishes/ MLB

Well, at the risk of hijacking a thread:

Most was a new roof for the garage, a wretched flat roof which of course means
Big Trouble every so often. It reached its limit and the replacement had to
be done before rainy season..

Then a big portion of the yard had turned into a swamp in the last several
weeks. I turned off the sprinklers (despite one day of 108 degrees) and it
was getting worse and worse - clearly not a broken sprinkler line. So
yesterday I had a plumber dig up the yard. To our astonishment it turned out
to be a slab leak from the next-door house, slightly above mine due to the
slope of the street. The water is coming down into my yard and pooling.
There's nothing I can do to fix the problem...if they choose to ignore it
(which will of course send their water bill through the roof) I'm in real
trouble. They were just leaving for a two week vacation when the plumber and
I knocked on the door, so they turned off their water to the house. So the
incredible mess of my yard will probably dry out over those two weeks and then
I'm dependent on the neighbors to handle a big-$$$ repair.

No sign of Milo.

Giovanni is incredibly aggravating. He'll still spray when he feels like.
He'll disappear until late in the evening or worse, so I waste my evenings
futilly calling for hime. They slurried my cul-de-sac a couple weeks ago and
he pushed open the front door, ran out, and ROLLED in the stuff. Then he ran
up my concrete driveway, leaving permanent big black blotches on the white
driveway. The Eerz lady, still working for us, gave him a bath and got him
pristine. Keeping that pathetic and ungrateful excuse for a cat was one of
the biggest mistakes of my life. Yet once in a while he can be the sweetest
thing you can imagine.

The other two are a pleasure as always. Watermelon is really looking old and
is slowing down. He isn't even going outside as much as usual in the last
couple of months. Calico has the ongoing thyroid problem, and since she can't
be picked up I'm dependent on her eating the wet food with the pill smashed
into it twice a day. Realistically, she's getting about half of what she
should, has been losing weight, and there's nothing I can do about the
situation due to the fact that I can't pick her up and pill her.

Art
Old October 15th 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

[...]

I guess you're not the ligitious sort? It seems to me that if they were
to continue ignoring this problem after being informed about it, knowing
that they were damaging your yard, that they could be held liable for any
costs on your end.

Calico has the ongoing thyroid problem, and since she can't
be picked up I'm dependent on her eating the wet food with the pill smashed
into it twice a day. Realistically, she's getting about half of what she
should, has been losing weight, and there's nothing I can do about the
situation due to the fact that I can't pick her up and pill her.

Maybe you could put twice as much, or maybe 1 1/2 the dosage in her food?
I know synthetic thyroid is very cheap, but I'm not sure about the meds
for hyperthyroidism. If it's cheap, then you could probably afford to give
her some extra. I don't know how exact one has to be with this medication,
but then again, she's not getting an exact dose anyway. What does the vet
say?

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet
Old October 15th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

Default Art's Babbling (was Kenzie's clinic will...)

In article , wrote:

I guess you're not the ligitious sort? It seems to me that if they were
to continue ignoring this problem after being informed about it, knowing
that they were damaging your yard, that they could be held liable for any
costs on your end.

I've never had to deal with anything like this before, and of course would
prefer not to have to retain a shyster and to sue them. But if it reaches the
point where my home were in danger of flooding, I'd be forced. The incredibly
screwed-up yard is bad enough.

Maybe you could put twice as much, or maybe 1 1/2 the dosage in her food?
I know synthetic thyroid is very cheap, but I'm not sure about the meds
for hyperthyroidism

It's not particularly cheap - about $26 every month or so - but not
overwhelming. We haven't discussed that option yet. The last thing we tried
was a different flavor of the pill. They keep two (tuna and chicken, and I've
just tried the chicken for the first time.) I might try one of the
special-order flavors such as salmon. The alternative is a gel that gets
applied on the inside of the ear. I think I can handle that, as it doesn't
involve her being picked up. It is not as effective as the oral medcine, but
may be the better solution right now. So let's just say that the
experimentation is still in progress. She's my second-favorite cat of all
time, so I'm hoping to keep her in one piece for as long as possible.

Art