Beautiful thunderstorm aftermath

Old July 17th 05, 01:32 PM
jmcquown

Default Beautiful thunderstorm aftermath

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

On the way home, Friday, we had some pretty severe thunderstorms in
Dallas. Streets and highways were flooding, visibility (and driving
abilities) were poor (grin). But I made it home okay, and saw this
beautiful double rainbow.

At the time, I only had my camera phone, so the quality is not as good
as it could have been...

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...s/misc/rb1.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

How beautiful! Thanks, Mark!

Jill

Old July 17th 05, 02:16 PM
Gabey8

[[On the way home, Friday, we had some pretty severe thunderstorms in
Dallas. Streets and highways were flooding, visibility (and driving
abilities) were poor (grin). But I made it home okay, and saw this
beautiful double rainbow.

At the time, I only had my camera phone, so the quality is not as good
as it could have been...

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...s/misc/rb1.jpg ]]

What a great pic! I'm sure glad you had the camera phone. )

Thanks for sharing it!

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old July 17th 05, 02:41 PM
MaryL

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

On the way home, Friday, we had some pretty severe thunderstorms in
Dallas. Streets and highways were flooding, visibility (and driving
abilities) were poor (grin). But I made it home okay, and saw this
beautiful double rainbow.

At the time, I only had my camera phone, so the quality is not as good
as it could have been...

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...s/misc/rb1.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Lovely! I would not have guessed that it was a camera phone if you hadn't
told us. Most pics I have seen from camera phones are inferior to this.

MaryL

Old July 17th 05, 03:22 PM
CatNipped

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

On the way home, Friday, we had some pretty severe thunderstorms in
Dallas. Streets and highways were flooding, visibility (and driving
abilities) were poor (grin). But I made it home okay, and saw this
beautiful double rainbow.

At the time, I only had my camera phone, so the quality is not as good
as it could have been...

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...s/misc/rb1.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

This one didn't come out as clear as yours, but you can also see a double
rainbow he

http://www.gcmensa.org/images/rainbow1.jpg

and a really *close* one he

http://www.gcmensa.org/images/rainbow3.jpg

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 17th 05, 04:36 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

On the way home, Friday, we had some pretty severe thunderstorms in
Dallas. Streets and highways were flooding, visibility (and driving
abilities) were poor (grin). But I made it home okay, and saw this
beautiful double rainbow.

At the time, I only had my camera phone, so the quality is not as
good as it could have been...

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...s/misc/rb1.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

This one didn't come out as clear as yours, but you can also see a
double rainbow he

http://www.gcmensa.org/images/rainbow1.jpg

and a really *close* one he

http://www.gcmensa.org/images/rainbow3.jpg

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lovely! I don't have pics (I was only about 8 years old) but we (my
parents, brothers and I) were driving through the Mojave desert on our way
to Virginia from California. A freak thunderstorm came up with rain so hard
it forced us to pull off the 2 lane highway until it passed. When it was
over, my dad exclaimed "Everyone out of the car! Look at that!" There was
a HUGE rainbow appearing to stretch from one end of the desert to the other.
I've never seen anything quite like it since.

Jill

Old July 17th 05, 05:53 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Those are the things that can keep your spirit alive even when life is
beating you about the head and shoulders! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 17th 05, 06:53 PM
Christine Burel

Mark Edwards" wrote in message

On the way home, Friday, we had some pretty severe thunderstorms in
Dallas. Streets and highways were flooding, visibility (and driving
abilities) were poor (grin). But I made it home okay, and saw this
beautiful double rainbow.

At the time, I only had my camera phone, so the quality is not as good
as it could have been...

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...s/misc/rb1.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Very cool shot. I'd never seen double rainbows till I moved out West.
Christine

Old July 17th 05, 08:25 PM

Mark Edwards wrote:
On the way home, Friday, we had some pretty severe thunderstorms in
Dallas. Streets and highways were flooding, visibility (and driving
abilities) were poor (grin). But I made it home okay, and saw this
beautiful double rainbow.

At the time, I only had my camera phone, so the quality is not as good
as it could have been...

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edward...s/misc/rb1.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

A double rainbow! That's beautiful! Did you make a wish?
I bet you guys have the same awesome thunderstorms we do. When my
sister moved to Wyoming, she said she missed the real earsplitting,
thundercrashing, blinding lightning thunderstorms we have. She said
Wyoming thunderstorms were really puny.

Sherry

Old July 17th 05, 08:40 PM
Wayne Mitchell

"CatNipped" wrote:

and a really *close* one he

http://www.gcmensa.org/images/rainbow3.jpg

Wow! That close one is surprising.

My most unusual rainbow sighting was coming down Hamlin Ridge on
Mt. Katahdin on a showery afternoon and seeing a rainbow below
our feet.

--

Wayne M.
Old July 17th 05, 10:19 PM