Persia the Snuggle-Bug

Old November 30th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Persia the Snuggle-Bug

Yep, Persia's a sweetie! Some folks may not know, she was a rescue kitty.
She came to me back in 2001 and demanded to be let inside.

5 years later, she sticks to me like glue. Occasionally she wanders off
into the closet to sleep on the extra bedding for my sofa bed, but not
lately.

She's been hanging out with me during the day, snuggled right up against my
side, purring like mad. She follows me from room to room like a wayward
puppy.

She meatloafs next to my bird Peaches' cage and looks at me with those big
green-golden eyes, gives me slow blinks. I slowly blink back at her. She
blinks back. She knows I love her And no, she doesn't bother Peaches in
any way. Sometimes she stares up at Peaches and probably wonders what she's
doing (Peaches has a lot of bell toys and she is, after all, a small
parrot!). But she doesn't go after Peaches.

When I'm reading a book Persia will snuggle next to me on the sofa and lick
my arm then gently nip. Kitty kisses are so sweet! Of course she rubs
her face against the pages of the book, too, just to make sure I know she's
the goddess of my idolatry (Shakespearean but nonetheless true). I give
Persia neck scritches, back scritches and behind the ear scritches and she
purrs *loudly*. Persia and I fall asleep cuddled together. When that
happens, it seems everything is right in my world.

Jill

Old November 30th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
purrs *loudly*. Persia and I fall asleep cuddled together. When that
happens, it seems everything is right in my world.

They have a way of making us feel better when we're down, don't they?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 30th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
purrs *loudly*. Persia and I fall asleep cuddled together. When
that happens, it seems everything is right in my world.

They have a way of making us feel better when we're down, don't they?

Sure do! But I swear sometimes she thinks she's a dog