My Snuggle Bug Got the Zoomies

Old May 14th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default My Snuggle Bug Got the Zoomies

As you may well imagine, since I got home Persia has been a velcro-kitty.
With the exception of thunderstorms (we may get more today) when she hides
in the closet, she's been pretty much by my side every minute. And at her
(surmised) age of 8 or 10 she's pretty laid back (read: lazy).

In the wee hours of the morning she got the zoomies. She was stomping on my
head, giving me head butts, nipping my arm, anything to get my attention.
Wake up, wake up and play with me! Wha...? Persia, it's not time yet! She
didn't care. She chewed on my hair. Stuck her cold wet nose in my ear and
purred very loudly. Chattered at me in that weird sort of meezer voice of
hers. Get up, get up, I wanna plaaaay! LOL

I grudgingly got out of bed and tossed some mousies and a crinkly mylar ball
for her. She was having a blast, chasing them around. Me? I was
Zombie-Mom.

Must be some sort of kitty hormone that kicks in at her age. She reverted
back to near kittenhood. She's doing this a lot lately. I could chalk it
up to the weather, or just being glad to have me around again. But she so
rarely got the zoomies before I left. It's good to see even if she did wake
me up at 4AM to play!

Jill

Old May 14th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 14, 1:10*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

It's good to read about.

Wootoo woke me at five _this_ morning. I guess it was because she
thought she heard Bear playing with his squeaky toy. I say "thought
she heard" because I went out to take away his damn squeaky toy and he
was lying in the hallway, yards from the squeaky toy. Meanwhile, I
heard the squeaky toy noise again, from the cage of Eddison Grey, the
sound effects parrot. I couldn't take _his_ squeaky toy away, so we
tried to get back to sleep. Later on, Eddison did his perfect
impression of our phone ringing. Getting up to answer the parrot is
annoying.

--
Will in New Haven

Old May 14th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Will in New Haven wrote:
[...]

ROFL!!! For once, I'm glad lovebirds aren't great at talking and mocking
Peaches chirps, but lovebirds aren't known to be great "talkers". That
might drive me up a tree. I'm sure you love Eddison, but really... riiiing!
Hello? hello? LOL

Jill

Old May 14th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

kilikini wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I know it must have been annoying, but I loved the story. :~)

kili

Did you see the vacuum cleaner cat vid? Persia is every bit as "fluffy" as
that white cat. And that wasn't a long-haired cat. I was looking at Persia
when she was rolled over showing her belly last night, thinking hmmmm, the
vacuum cleaner... LOL No way! She hides when the sucky monster comes out.

Jill

Old May 14th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 14, 2:02*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:

[...]

When he's rung a few times, HE says "hello" and then "how are you." He
does quite a few words and very well, but sound effects, including a
lovely "cat vomiting" are his specialty. Buddy Macaw, a very severe,
Severe Macaw, is more of a talker, and biter. She says "peekaboo" when
I come downstairs to walk Bear in the morning, peeking out from under
the sheet that is over her cage. She's so sweet unless she decides to
try to kill someone. She also calls "here, Bear" and tries to bite him
when he comes over to her cage.

I might rather have goats. Less messy, too.

--
Will in New Haven

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Old May 14th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Does covering his cage at night stop any of that? A bar where we used to
eat has two parrots and, they do the land line phone ring and then the
boss's cell phone. The waitresses threaten to have bird soup every other
day. One of them, the birds, hollers, "Here sweetie here is a tip"
Everyone but the girls think it is funny.

Old May 14th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 14, 2:45*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Only cause you don't keep them in the house and, they stink to high
heavens!!!

My former sisterinlaw had two goats and they were very nice little
animals. But they did live outdoors. When they were kids her dog Bozo
(a Beagle) would chase them and bother them all the time. People used
to have to step in to prevent his driving them crazy.

When they were grown, it became a game to see if he could get out into
the yard and get his business done before they started chasing him
fairly good-naturedly around hte yard.

--
Will in New Haven

Old May 14th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I think it was a command from the Mothership. Jake very seldom wants to
play, with us anyway. We are for cuddling and rubbing his royal footsies.
But last night at bedtime he wanted to play so badly.

Normally he sleeps a solid eighteen hours a day and spend most of the rest
outside hunting.

Jo

Old May 15th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Will in New Haven wrote:

[...]

Awww, poor Bear! Parrots are fun, though I decided against getting a
larger parrot when I realized they were likely to outlive me.

Jill

Persia the Snuggle-Bug jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 November 30th 06 03:30 PM
HOW CAN i GET MY CATS TO SNUGGLE?! The Cat Whisperer Cat health & behaviour 25 October 30th 06 01:13 AM
Zoomies!!!! meee Cat anecdotes 0 February 5th 06 10:43 PM
Winter essentials: Snuggle Safe, Heat Reflecting pads,..?? Kiran Cat health & behaviour 16 November 18th 05 11:51 PM
It's cold! Snuggle Time! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 October 6th 03 10:18 AM