And...

Old April 29th 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default And...

Yowie wrote:

Denim overalls entirely fail to suit me. With my weight & height I end up
looking like a female wrestler / weight lifter from one of the ex-Soviet
coutnries who took far, far too many steroids. Not attractive in the least.

LOL. I guess it depends on who's looking.

I used to feel that way when I wore tank tops - and this was when I
was young and relatively thin. But I always had big shoulders (which
nonetheless do not hold shoulder straps in place ). I would try to
pull off a feminine appearance, but I'd look in the mirror and think
"prizefighter".

Joyce

--
Speak your mind even if your voice cracks while you're saying it.
Old April 30th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

hopitus wrote:
You have a discerning eye, anyway. Kinkade was/is (like, is the dude
dead?)
NOT Picasso. ROFL. Do you like Toulouse Lautrec? One of my faves.

I love Toulouse-Lautrec's poster of the black cat!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 30th 10, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

All this clothing talk reminds me of a D&D game session I had back in the
early 80's.

I was in Austin, Texas, punk capital of the world. The fashion was (in my
opinion) was to ugly yourself up.

This really cute girl came to our session, all punked up, and it was
obvious she had really tried to ugly up as well.

She was one of those "unfortunate" souls who just look HOT, no matter
what. She got a lot of attention from all of us gamers...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 30th 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

All this clothing talk reminds me of a D&D game session I had back in the
early 80's.

I was in Austin, Texas, punk capital of the world. The fashion was (in my
opinion) was to ugly yourself up.

This really cute girl came to our session, all punked up, and it was
obvious she had really tried to ugly up as well.

She was one of those "unfortunate" souls who just look HOT, no matter
what. She got a lot of attention from all of us gamers...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Mark tell the truth any female to us gamers that shows up is HOT ;-)

Old April 30th 10, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 30 Apr, 16:01, "Matthew" wrote:

Mark tell the truth any female to us gamers that shows up *is HOT ;-)-

I'm a female gamer! Would that it were true of male gamers as
well :-)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 30th 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On 30 Apr, 16:01, "Matthew" wrote:

Mark tell the truth any female to us gamers that shows up is HOT ;-)-

I'm a female gamer! Would that it were true of male gamers as
well :-)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Ok you got me there ;-)

Old April 30th 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl P. wrote:

Sometimes clothes just don't work. I generally go for the plain and
simple - black slacks and coloured blouses or tops - but I spotted a
pantsuit I just loved at a sale I was taken to by a friend (I probably
wouldn't have gone on my own, but she's a great shopper, and I did get
two pairs of slacks, a top and a nightgown for $5 each, so it was worth
it). Anyway, this outfit was in a light brown, and I almost never wear
brown, but had a lovely tunic-style top. It made me look square, like a
brown fireplug.

sigh

I'm sure it would have been lovely on someone tall and willowy.

Wouldn't everything? That's "who" clothes are designed for. (I put
"who" in quotation marks because I'm convinced that fashions are actually
designed for mannequins. )

Joyce

--
Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old May 3rd 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

hopitus wrote:
On Apr 28, 6:46 pm, "Yowie" wrote:
,
hopitus typed:

On Apr 23, 7:42 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Because of my poor, understatement, vision, I think that is why I
like
Thomas Kinkade paintings. He does the "light" on trees, leaves or
grass.
This is beautiful in the paintings and must be in real life. The
way he
paints lets me see things I wouldn't normally see.. My goal in life
is to
have one of his 2 ft by at least 3 ft paintings. However this
purchase this
would be about three months rent so, alas, it shall remain a
goal!"cshenk" wrote in message

I love thread drift!

Having no idea who T.Kinkade was, I googled him and his art work

Oddly enough, whilst I can appreciate the skill and his use of light
, I don't find his pictures particularly appealing as 'art' - to my
eyes, the pictures look like the belong on christmas cards or in
children's books rather than in art galleries. Perhaps a bit too
saccharine for my taste.

Weird, huh?

Yowie
Well aware that she knows nothing about 'art'.

You have a discerning eye, anyway. Kinkade was/is (like, is the dude
dead?)
NOT Picasso. ROFL. Do you like Toulouse Lautrec? One of my faves.

I love Toulouse-Lautrec! Like most post-impressionists he beautifully
captured the essence of what he saw - was not constrained by being 'photo
perfect' and thus, had far more capacity to express mood and movement. I
like Cezanne too, and 'restored' a faded print of one of Cezanne's
fruit-and-cloth compositions by painting over the print in oils. I learnt
alot by trying to do that - mainly that I had no idea what I was doing and
the colours he used - even in the faded print we had - were far more complex
and subtle than I was then capable of.

When I'm feeling darker, I also like surrealism (the heavy metal of art,
IMHO) and the more nightmarish the better. Well, nightmarish as my
nightmares - particularly the sort of nightmares brought about by fever -
were always surrealist, in that I'd dream of 'things' that were *more*
spherical than a sphere, things that are so thin as to be inside out etc. I
dream with extra dimensions. Surrealism is the closest thing I've seen that
can reflect those dimensional impossibilities.

Perhaps folks mught guess I could draw & paint quite well when I was
younger, but by the time I was 16 I was forced to make a choice between art
and science at school (my two favourite subjects) - and concluded that
whilst art could always be a hobby, there were far more stable careers in
science (and not vice versa). And so I chose science, and stopped practicing
my artwork.

Sometimes, rarely these days, if I can get into the right 'head space', I
can still draw. But that headspace is hard to come by. I need plenty of room
(and tidy, uncluttered room at that), and I need quiet, and I need time to
just relax and get back into it. And the last thing I need is to be
interrupted by the day-to-day. Doesn't happen for me at the moment - I can't
even use my office all that well because as much as my office mate is a
lovely person she just *doesn't shut up* and thus its even hard to get
anythign arty done there.

I hope that when Cary is older, I'll be able to once again start using my
artist's pencils (I'm sure I've shared that story before) and the other
collected media I have (I have lots... I live in hope). In the mean time, I
occasionally open the boxes, stare wistfully at the beautiful arrangements
of colours, and dream a little.

Yowie

Old May 5th 10, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

hopitus wrote:

You have a discerning eye, anyway. Kinkade was/is (like, is the dude
dead?)
NOT Picasso. ROFL. Do you like Toulouse Lautrec? One of my faves.

Unfortunately, Kinkade is still alive and living and has his art studio
in Western North Carolina.

His art is not demanding. There is not need for an emotional response
to his work. It is pretty lighting and so forth, but that's about it.
I was more impressed with Mary Casset, Laura Burch (who also doesn't
demand an emotional response, but gets one), Monet, Manet, and Suratt.

Pam S. who is sure she spelled some of these incorrectly.