Mouthing behaviour

Old August 25th 05, 12:48 AM
Peacefrog

Default Mouthing behaviour

What does a cat mouthing/nibbling on it's owner signify? Often I'll be
lying in bed in the morning half asleep and my 2 year old cat George
will often nibble/mouth exposed parts of my body. It doesn't hurt at
all, sometimes he'll do it while he's headbutting me. Just a light
nibble. Any ideas? Anybody elses cat do it?
Old August 25th 05, 01:53 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:48:40 GMT, Peacefrog wrote:

What does a cat mouthing/nibbling on it's owner signify? Often I'll be
lying in bed in the morning half asleep and my 2 year old cat George
will often nibble/mouth exposed parts of my body. It doesn't hurt at
all, sometimes he'll do it while he's headbutting me. Just a light
nibble. Any ideas? Anybody elses cat do it?

My cat Tweaker does that all the time. I interpret it as playful
behavior.

Charlie
Old August 25th 05, 03:22 AM
Peacefrog

No, usually it's just nibbles. He favours the big toe(it's really big)
on my right foot for some odd reason. I'm the type of person that
can't stand to have the bed tucked in at night, like to have my feet
out. Numerous times I've woken up in the middle of the night to
discover Georgie nibbling away on my toe.

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:59:24 -0500, Karen wrote:

DOes he lick too? Usually is a grooming thing.

Old August 25th 05, 08:39 AM
IBen Getiner

Peacefrog wrote:
What does a cat mouthing/nibbling on it's owner signify? Often I'll be
lying in bed in the morning half asleep and my 2 year old cat George
will often nibble/mouth exposed parts of my body. It doesn't hurt at
all, sometimes he'll do it while he's headbutting me. Just a light
nibble. Any ideas? Anybody elses cat do it?

He's answering the call of his long-past nursing instinct, more than
likely. It somehow comports him to do this. I don't know why. Ours
doesn't nibble on me, but he used to with my wife. It would come by way
of a nightly ritual. First, he would slink up to her while she would be
sitting on the floor in our beanbag furniture. Then, if she didn't
protest by crossing her arms or moving up her legs, he would race up
her front and nestle in her chest area and then start suckling a mole
on her neck. No ****! I put a stop to that behavior in a hurry. It went
on week after week, and it made me sick. It was like he was using my
wife to masturbate on or something. Totally disgusting, and by that
time in his life, totally unnecessary. I would always scold him into
retreat by telling him that "big boys don't nurse", while at the same
time, shaking a finger wildly in his direction. It finally worked. The
only problem now is, he has substituted another ritual for the old one.
Now, he waits for me to come into the hobby room and sit down at the
computer... then he waits at the foot of the bed for me to call him up
by patting the covers. And when I do, he bounds up on the bed and
quickly nestles into his precious fleece blankey. He immediately begins
the kneading of the paws ritual. Next, he valiantly attempts to find a
ninny ... his little head with nose and mouth pressed hard against the
fleece, he vainly searches for something way back there in his little
memory somewhere, he knows not what. Then he simply keeps a kneading
motion to 'keep the milk coming' so-to-speak, and proceeds to slobber
on the fleece for ten minutes or so. After that, he roles onto his back
and crashes. This goes on every day. He still nestles in my wife's
hair, but he will no longer obey the nursing urge, which I have seen
with my own eyes. The wife says I taught him well, since she says he
won't even try it when I'm not there anymore. Smart little ****er. But
I am smarter!
I think that this is precisely what your kat George is doing, except
he's using you as a ninny. My advice is to wean him off this improper
behavior immediately. Let him know that it is unacceptable. That is of
course, unless you yourself like it. Then I'd have to say that you are
a grosser SOB than he is. At least he stands under the banner of a
lower animal. You are a person, and you shouldn't like such things done
to you by a beast. Kitties are very sensual creatures who have their
own secret little fetishes and so-forth. But that doesn't give you the
right to issue him an open invitation to do vile debaucheries on you or
anything.
Oh... a word of warning.. Don't listen to the women who you will meet
in here. They are the kind of females who would still be allowing their
teenage children to nurse off of them if it were allowed by society.
Listen to ME. Although something tells me that with a name like
peace-frog, you're already one of them. If so, welcome abroad. Now..
you know right where you should go next. Capiesh...??
Just my take on things. I hope this helps with the George problem.

IBen

Old August 26th 05, 01:45 AM
Spot

Two of my cats do this. The Siamese mix will give little kisses then proceed
to clean me. The older tom cat I will sometimes wake up and find he is
grooming my hair or is mouthing my rings. He has this thing for my diamonds
so at night I slip them around the inside of my hand since I've woke up and
found him chewing on them.

Celeste

Old August 26th 05, 07:49 AM
(WebElder)

On 25 Aug 2005 00:39:08 -0700, "IBen Getiner"
wrote:

Peacefrog wrote:
[...]

It must be in your mind..an animal that masturbates with its
mouth.Neat...

I would always scold him into
retreat by telling him that "big boys don't nurse", while at the same
time, shaking a finger wildly in his direction.

I'm sure he understood what you were saying and shaking your finger
for. Perhaps you should have yelled real loud too....

[...]

A lot of Humans think this way....

I think that this is precisely what your kat George is doing, except
he's using you as a ninny. My advice is to

wean him off this improper
behavior immediately.

Who said its improper? Just because it bothers you?

Let him know that it is unacceptable. That is of
course, unless you yourself like it. Then I'd have to say that you are
a grosser SOB than he is. At least he stands under the banner of a
lower animal. You are a person, and you shouldn't like such things done
to you by a beast.

What utter crap. An animal has no immoral motives behind these
harmless activities.

Kitties are very sensual creatures who have their
own secret little fetishes and so-forth.

Fetishes?.....right.

open invitation to do vile debaucheries on you

Rubbish...animals know nothing of "vile debaucheries"...

anything.
Oh... a word of warning.. Don't listen to the women who you will meet
in here. They are the kind of females who would still be allowing their
teenage children to nurse off of them if it were allowed by society.

I think its your thinking and stupid remarks like this that is vile.

Listen to ME.

Heaven forbid.

Although something tells me that with a name like
peace-frog, you're already one of them.

Personal attacks...? and you call Animals "lower"...

If so, welcome abroad. Now..
you know right where you should go next. Capiesh...??
Just my take on things. I hope this helps with the George problem.

I'm sure It will help with George....and if it doesn't..should he put
the animal to sleep? Can't have these damn savage,immoral lower beast
running around,can we....?

IBen

Just MY take on things...have a good day. I'm sure your post is not
for real and just in jest.

Ray
WebElder
I don't "Suffer" from Insanity..I rather enjoy it!

CATTS
http://members.tripod.com/~thewebster/catts.html

Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Laby...6/meshead.html
Old August 26th 05, 11:03 AM
-L.

Peacefrog wrote:
What does a cat mouthing/nibbling on it's owner signify? Often I'll be
lying in bed in the morning half asleep and my 2 year old cat George
will often nibble/mouth exposed parts of my body. It doesn't hurt at
all, sometimes he'll do it while he's headbutting me. Just a light
nibble. Any ideas? Anybody elses cat do it?

Bonding. He's mimicing behavior he would normally reserve for his mate
or littermates. He wuvs you!

-L.