Smudgie Doesn't Like Little Children

Old January 21st 09, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Default Smudgie Doesn't Like Little Children

Over the xmas holiday we had 2 lots of children visit us. There were 4 kids
in the first lot, a 10, 8, 4 and 3 year old. Smudgie was fine with the 3
eldest kids but took something of a dislike to the 3 year old. She fluffed
her tail out and growled at her, then ran away and hid! She let the others
stroke her beforehand. The other child who came round is 4, Smudgie also
growled at him and ran away! Not sure how she decides who she doesn't like.
The two 4 year olds are about the same height. The first lot of kids belong
to the family we rescued Smudgie from. Perhaps she remembers being squeezed
too tightly by the little one?

Perhaps I should set up one of those height measuring devices they have at
theme parks by our front door. "If you are shorter than this, you can't
come in!" lol

Sharon

Old February 7th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

sounds a cat with excellent taste to me, Lee, NO maternal instincts where
harmed in the production of this message

Old February 8th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
D Mahoney

I've always trusted cat's judgement of people. That's more evidence of
their superior judgement.

Old February 8th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:52:16 -0000, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

Over the xmas holiday we had 2 lots of children visit us. There were 4 kids
in the first lot, a 10, 8, 4 and 3 year old. Smudgie was fine with the 3
eldest kids but took something of a dislike to the 3 year old. She fluffed
her tail out and growled at her, then ran away and hid! She let the others
stroke her beforehand. The other child who came round is 4, Smudgie also
growled at him and ran away! Not sure how she decides who she doesn't like.
The two 4 year olds are about the same height. The first lot of kids belong
to the family we rescued Smudgie from. Perhaps she remembers being squeezed
too tightly by the little one?

Perhaps I should set up one of those height measuring devices they have at
theme parks by our front door. "If you are shorter than this, you can't
come in!" lol

It's rare for the cats around here to be exposed to little hoomins.
Though not an adult only complex, all the apartments here are one
bedroom, so tenants with kids are rare - usually just here a month or
two while waiting to move into one of the two other complexes only by
the same folks which have one, two and three bedroom apartments. This
past summer we had a single mom with a couple youngsters, a pre-school
girl and a boy a couple years older. They drove poor Frank, the
neighbor cat, crazy, and he actually spent more time at home than on
my patio. The problem was that as soon as they saw Frank they try to
run up and pet him, which just ended with them chasing him. I tried to
teach them not run at him, and the little girl actually got to pet him
a couple times.