Silver's sulking

Old November 27th 04, 02:07 AM
Karen AKA KajiKit

Default Silver's sulking

We committed the ultimate indignity upon her feline person this
morning, and she didn't see it coming... She's an eager cuddle and she
loves to shove herself right into your face, but her personal hygeine
could use a little improvement. So this morning picked her up and said
'you smell like you've been rolling in the litterbox!' and he
introduced her to the wonders of the bath... at first she was happy to
be held and petted and standing in the kitchen sink seemed like an
interesting novelty - but then John turned on the water. You should
have seen her squirm and beg! Actually she was very good about it...
she didn't try and use her claws, she just wiggled a bit and pleaded
with us to let her go.

Soon she was clean and soggy and wrapped in a fresh towel to dry off -
the poor baby looked like a drowned rat. I took some photos of John
drying her off, but he accidentally erased them, so I can't share
them... she's been sulking for most of the day, and she only comes out
of hiding when she hears food being offered, but she deigned to let me
hold her and pet her for awhile, so I'm sure she'll recover. I'm not
sure when we'll try to bathe her sister Scout - Silver never uses her
claws on a person deliberately, but Scout has deadly weapons on her
paws and she's not afraid to use them - plus she saw what happened
this morning! Anyone got a spare suit of body armour John can borrow?