Fur, fur,fur!

Old September 6th 11, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

Default Fur, fur,fur!

I decided to wash the cat's bed coverings. First I brushed and brushed
with a reverse clothes brush to removed as much fur as I could. I got
off enough fur to cover forty-eleven cats! Then I put them in the
washer and gave them two good washes. I was surprised at the amount of
fur that I had to clean out of the washer. I gave the washing machine
two full tub washes and still was able to find fur in it. I Think I'll
give the washer a vinegar wash tomorrow. Meanwhile, TuTu still has full
body fur and this is after all the brushing she gets too.MMLB
Old September 6th 11, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
I decided to wash the cat's bed coverings. First I brushed and brushed
with a reverse clothes brush to removed as much fur as I could. I got off
enough fur to cover forty-eleven cats! Then I put them in the washer and
gave them two good washes. I was surprised at the amount of fur that I had
to clean out of the washer. I gave the washing machine two full tub washes
and still was able to find fur in it. I Think I'll give the washer a
vinegar wash tomorrow. Meanwhile, TuTu still has full body fur and this is
after all the brushing she gets too.MMLB

LOL! The amount of fur cats can generate is truly amazing.

I've given up on trying to get rid of it all. My cats no longer shed, they
accessorize - my house and my clothing. ;-)

Joy

Old September 6th 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
I decided to wash the cat's bed coverings. First I brushed and brushed
with a reverse clothes brush to removed as much fur as I could. I got off
enough fur to cover forty-eleven cats! Then I put them in the washer and
gave them two good washes. I was surprised at the amount of fur that I had
to clean out of the washer. I gave the washing machine two full tub washes
and still was able to find fur in it. I Think I'll give the washer a
vinegar wash tomorrow. Meanwhile, TuTu still has full body fur and this is
after all the brushing she gets too.MMLB

Now I wonder if I have to wash Boyfie's duvet cover.
Tweed

Old September 7th 11, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"MLB" wrote in message
I decided to wash the cat's bed coverings. First I brushed and brushed
with a reverse clothes brush to removed as much fur as I could. I got off
enough fur to cover forty-eleven cats! Then I put them in the washer and
gave them two good washes. I was surprised at the amount of fur that I
had to clean out of the washer. I gave the washing machine two full tub
washes and still was able to find fur in it. I Think I'll give the washer
a vinegar wash tomorrow. Meanwhile, TuTu still has full body fur and this
is after all the brushing she gets too.MMLB

LOL! The amount of fur cats can generate is truly amazing.

I've given up on trying to get rid of it all. My cats no longer shed,
they accessorize - my house and my clothing. ;-)

Joy

If I worried about cat fur on clothing I'd have to dress in grey all the
time! After finding the correct matching shade of Persia's fur, of course

I've used various methods to try to remove cat fur from furniture and
clothing. Sticky roller tape; [pet] upholstery brushes; the vacuum cleaner.
It doesn't matter. It's always there

Jill

Old September 7th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MLB" wrote in message
I decided to wash the cat's bed coverings. First I brushed and brushed
with a reverse clothes brush to removed as much fur as I could. I got off
enough fur to cover forty-eleven cats! Then I put them in the washer and
gave them two good washes. I was surprised at the amount of fur that I
had to clean out of the washer. I gave the washing machine two full tub
washes and still was able to find fur in it. I Think I'll give the washer
a vinegar wash tomorrow. Meanwhile, TuTu still has full body fur and this
is after all the brushing she gets too.MMLB

Now I wonder if I have to wash Boyfie's duvet cover.
Tweed

chuckle Only if Boyfie's fur bothers you.

Jill

Old September 7th 11, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

Yup. There always was a lot of it, but now I have two long-haired cats,
it's really always there. If I tried to match it, I'd have to go for a
black, white and grey pattern, a very busy one. ;-)

Joy

Old September 7th 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MLB wrote:
I decided to wash the cat's bed coverings. First I brushed and brushed
with a reverse clothes brush to removed as much fur as I could. I got
off enough fur to cover forty-eleven cats! Then I put them in the
washer and gave them two good washes.

I assume you're talking about the bedclothes, not the cats? ;-) (You
weren't quite clear about that.)

Old September 7th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
I decided to wash the cat's bed coverings. First I brushed and brushed
with a reverse clothes brush to removed as much fur as I could. I got
off enough fur to cover forty-eleven cats! Then I put them in the washer
and gave them two good washes. I was surprised at the amount of fur that
I had to clean out of the washer. I gave the washing machine two full
tub washes and still was able to find fur in it. I Think I'll give the
washer a vinegar wash tomorrow. Meanwhile, TuTu still has full body fur
and this is after all the brushing she gets too.MMLB

Now I wonder if I have to wash Boyfie's duvet cover.
Tweed

chuckle Only if Boyfie's fur bothers you.

Jill

There doesn't seem to be much fur on it actually. Maybe it does not stick
to a cotton mix in the same way as it does to my carpets ;-)

Tweed