Panic

Old August 8th 12, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Panic

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 18:23:13 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:

On 8/6/2012 7:33 PM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Because Boyfie was not in the house, meowing for his breakfast when I woke
up.
It never happens.
I felt sure he'd been killed by a car (unlikely) but where was he?
He strolled in at 11 a.m. saying he'd been chasing rats all night.
He maybe did, he got onto his duvet and crashed until evening.

Doesn't seem like he was very hungry, so maybe he was catching
something, if not rats. Whatever it was, sounds like it was exhausting.

Sometimes I can't find Roxy or Licky no matter how many places I look.
And this apartment just isn't that big. Then I start wondering if the
missing cat could possibly have gotten out. Usually I find Roxy on
top of something (eg, the fridge), staring at me like I'm an idiot.
I don't find Licky until he's good and ready to be found, at which time
he strolls out meowing for food or attention.

I've forgotten just how good they can be at hiding when they want to be
alone.

I cheat. My brood all have collars with Loc8tor tags on them. Mostly I
use it when they're somewhere in the Augustly overgrown backyard, like
now, but sometimes I track them down inside when I can't find them.
They're usually tucked into some hidey hole in the basement.
Old August 8th 12, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
He did manage to eat some very late breakfast when he got home, but he
seemed tired. He never stays out like this and he definitely would not
have
stayed out until 11 a.m. and missed his brekkie. Something happened. I
don't know what. He is such a cat for his routine, getting home at 11,
no.

Glad that he is back safely! Spartacus did something similar a few
months ago. Stayed out the whole night from about 5pm and did not
reappear until 9am the next morning. I was out searching the fields and
lanes at dawn. I'm fairly sure he got himself shut in somewhere, maybe
while exploring a neighbour's shed or barn. He too was exhausted and
slept most of the next day. What I did find while searching for him at
the bottom of the next field was a collar that he had lost a few weeks
previously, and was very surprised to see how far he had been travelling
from the house.

That's interesting that your cat had gone so far. We tend to think if we
have our boys neutered that they won't.
Whether or not Boyfie got shut in, I'll never know. I saw a fox the other
night trotting past my house so maybe he was up a tree and decided to wait
until the coast was more than clear. Or maybe he was up a big tree (I have
some of those) and found it difficult to get down. Going up is definitely
easier than getting down.
I'll never know.

Tweed

Panic Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 17 January 9th 12 05:51 AM
Who me, panic? Eva Quesnell Cat health & behaviour 12 November 26th 06 08:17 PM
I'm not going to panic just yet Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 35 September 27th 06 11:06 PM
Panic! sandra Cat anecdotes 8 September 15th 06 10:11 PM