Dragonflies don't make good cat toys

Old June 12th 13, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

Default Dragonflies don't make good cat toys

Libby is so disappointed, it's all fun and games while the dragonfly is
flying around the yard, but once she's caught it and brought it into the
house it just lies on the floor and makes occasional buzzing sounds. So
far I've collected about a dozen dead dragonflies this week ;-)

--
Nik Simpson
Old June 13th 13, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:53:10 -0500, Nik Simpson
wrote:
Libby is so disappointed, it's all fun and games while the dragonfly is
flying around the yard, but once she's caught it and brought it into the
house it just lies on the floor and makes occasional buzzing sounds. So
far I've collected about a dozen dead dragonflies this week ;-)

I admit I'd be a bit sad if one of mine got a dragonfly, but I don't mind
at all when they go after a housefly or mosquito! Unfortunately, they
almost never manage to catch them.
Old June 13th 13, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/12/2013 3:53 PM, Nik Simpson wrote:
Libby is so disappointed, it's all fun and games while the dragonfly is
flying around the yard, but once she's caught it and brought it into the
house it just lies on the floor and makes occasional buzzing sounds. So
far I've collected about a dozen dead dragonflies this week ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

I see the occasional dragonfly outside but usually only when I'm washing
the car or otherwise spraying water outside on a sunny day. I'm sure
they make great cat toys *outside*. But really, do you want them flying
around in your house?!

Jill

Old June 13th 13, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
Libby is so disappointed, it's all fun and games while the dragonfly is
flying around the yard, but once she's caught it and brought it into the
house it just lies on the floor and makes occasional buzzing sounds. So
far I've collected about a dozen dead dragonflies this week ;-)

I admit I'd be a bit sad if one of mine got a dragonfly, but I don't mind
at all when they go after a housefly or mosquito! Unfortunately, they
almost never manage to catch them.

Licky goes after the little grain moths that I can never get rid of
completely. But he never catches them. He's pretty good at hunting activity,
as long as the prey is a shoelace tied to a used curtain rod. Those
moths are really good at evading predators. He'll stomp on one, and then
try to eat it, only to be disappointed (and baffled) that it isn't under
his paw after all.

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old June 13th 13, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

On 6/12/2013 8:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 6/12/2013 3:53 PM, Nik Simpson wrote:
Libby is so disappointed, it's all fun and games while the dragonfly is
flying around the yard, but once she's caught it and brought it into the
house it just lies on the floor and makes occasional buzzing sounds. So
far I've collected about a dozen dead dragonflies this week ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

I see the occasional dragonfly outside but usually only when I'm washing
the car or otherwise spraying water outside on a sunny day. I'm sure
they make great cat toys *outside*. But really, do you want them flying
around in your house?!

Jill

They don't do a lot of flying by the time she brings them back in the
house, more a bit of flapping around and buzzing before shuffling off
this mortal coil. I get a lot of them because I have a fish pond in the
back garden as well as a pool, so there's plenty of water to attract them.
Old June 13th 13, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Our Malaika, a chubby middle-aged lady cat , declawed (not by us!) will see
a moth or mosquito, run across the room, swat it down and eat it (yuck) in
about a second flat. it's something she is very good at!

Old June 14th 13, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

news wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Hmm. Maybe she'd like to come to our house and give a seminar?

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old June 14th 13, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message ...

news wrote:

wrote:
[...]

LOL! I forgot to mention, she's also insanely beautiful!
https://plus.google.com/photos/10712...IKEor-RuumUgwE

Old June 14th 13, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/14/2013 11:11 AM, news wrote:

Our Malaika, a chubby middle-aged lady cat , declawed (not by us!)
will see
a moth or mosquito, run across the room, swat it down and eat it
(yuck) in
about a second flat. it's something she is very good at!

Hmm. Maybe she'd like to come to our house and give a seminar?

LOL! I forgot to mention, she's also insanely beautiful!
https://plus.google.com/photos/10712...IKEor-RuumUgwE

Wow! She *is* beautiful!

Jill
Old June 15th 13, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:41:49 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

On 6/14/2013 11:11 AM, news wrote:

Our Malaika, a chubby middle-aged lady cat , declawed (not by us!)
will see
a moth or mosquito, run across the room, swat it down and eat it
(yuck) in
about a second flat. it's something she is very good at!

Hmm. Maybe she'd like to come to our house and give a seminar?

LOL! I forgot to mention, she's also insanely beautiful!
https://plus.google.com/photos/10712...IKEor-RuumUgwE

Wow! She *is* beautiful!

So fluffy and huggable!