IS THIS NORMAL?

Old May 16th 04, 03:27 AM
JANET

Default IS THIS NORMAL?

I have a year old spayed female cat who has been the only cat in the
household. She can be aloof at times.
My adult daughter who lives with us purchased a 4 month old neutered
male kitten and brought it home today. My cat hissed at it and now she
is hiding under the bed. Is this normal?
I hate to think that this new cat will make mine totally miserable.
Please help.

Old May 16th 04, 05:27 AM
~*Connie*~

"JANET" wrote in message
I have a year old spayed female cat who has been the only cat in the
household. She can be aloof at times.
My adult daughter who lives with us purchased a 4 month old neutered
male kitten and brought it home today. My cat hissed at it and now she
is hiding under the bed. Is this normal?
I hate to think that this new cat will make mine totally miserable.
Please help.

of course its normal.. would you like it if someone you didn't know moved in
to your house for no apparent reason?

There are a lot of good websites on cat introductions.. Good luck!

Old May 16th 04, 06:02 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sat, 15 May 2004 22:27:08 -0400, JANET wrote:

I have a year old spayed female cat who has been the only cat in the
household. She can be aloof at times.
My adult daughter who lives with us purchased a 4 month old neutered
male kitten and brought it home today. My cat hissed at it and now she
is hiding under the bed. Is this normal?

Perfectly. Cats are territorial, remember. Give them time to adjust and
get some Feliway from your vet - it might help out a bit.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.