cat peeing, will it stop? ..

Old May 23rd 04, 11:34 PM
kidstuff

Default cat peeing, will it stop? ..

x-no-archive

My older cat has been peeing and spraying all around the house since we
introduced a new cat to the house. We're trying to find a new (good) home
for the new cat in hopes it will stop the behaviour but prevailing wisdom
amongst the people I've talked to is that now that she's started she will
continue to pee all over the house. To date I have spent over $100 on carpet
cleaner rentals, stain & odor removers, a black light, vinegar and Febreze
with no end in sight. Additionally I have small children in my care (not all
my own) so as much as I love the cat (and I do; she has been my companion
for twelve years) I can't go on like this. Anyone have any experience with
this? Is it likely that she will stop peeing all over once the cause of her
stress is removed? I have had her examined by a vet (not a health issue) but
didn't ask this question. I will call on Tuesday but would appreciate some
personal experience with this. Thanks.

---

Old May 24th 04, 06:17 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sun, 23 May 2004 22:34:57 +0000, kidstuff wrote:

My older cat has been peeing and spraying all around the house since we
introduced a new cat to the house. We're trying to find a new (good) home
for the new cat in hopes it will stop the behaviour but prevailing wisdom
amongst the people I've talked to is that now that she's started she will
continue to pee all over the house.

Feliway. Get feliway.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old May 24th 04, 01:42 PM
Gail

Did the vet rule out a urinary tract infection? If so, he/she can place her
on anti-anxiety meds, or an anti-depressant until she settles down. It will
eliminate the inappropriate urinating.
Gail
"kidstuff" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
[...]

..

---

Old May 24th 04, 10:06 PM
Alison

Try this web forum run by Pam Johnson Bennet. You can post a uestion
yourself or look inthe archives for advice . This is a common problem
and can be resolved, you might be able to keep both cats if you know
the right things to do.
http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv...cat?redirCnt=1

alison