New homes for the bitties

Old June 1st 05, 11:01 PM
Helen Miles

Default New homes for the bitties

Well, Flanagan and Lola have found a great home. ) A family with 2
young boys of 8 & 10, who were very gentle and reserved when meeting the
kittens. Mom and dad didn't commit to the kittens as soon as they saw
them - they had wanted one bitty, and I told them that Flan and Lola
were a pair, so they went away to discuss the implications of 2 owners
before saying yes. Anyway, they seem very nice, very concerned about the
kittens and what having them entails, and I am happy with the home.

Which brings me on to Alfie. I have made the decision not to adopt him,
simply because Cleo is having difficulty adjusting to the new addition.
She's terrified of the kittens to the point that yesterday she was
pounced on by Alfie and she wet herself in fear. Lord alone knows what
happened to her before I got her, to make her so hesitant and fraidy
(she makes Pandora look brash and confident!) but I can't take the risk
that she won't adapt - she's having enough problems with the dog and
she's been around her for 6 months now.

So, we have found a great home for Alfie - an older semi-retired couple
who are looking to adopt a single kitten to rule their lives. ) They
come to meet him tomorrow, so purrs would be gratefully recieved that
they like each other.

My house will be very quiet and very tidy this weekend. (

Helen M

Old June 1st 05, 11:17 PM
SuzQ

Sounds good. Adjustment purrs for all (including you with your quieter
house).
Suz&Spicey

Old June 1st 05, 11:54 PM
Karen

in article , Helen
Miles at
wrote on 6/1/05 5:01 PM:

[...]

Awww. Poor Cleo. Well, you have to think of her first. Purrs for an
excellent connection with Alfie and the prospective slaves.

Old June 2nd 05, 12:15 AM
Catnipped

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:e757e39bc3efc53922e9f34af1fe638a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
[...]

Purrs on the way that this will be Alfie's perfect forever-home!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 2nd 05, 11:06 AM
O J

Helen Miles wrote:

--------------------snip---------------------
So, we have found a great home for Alfie - an older semi-retired couple
who are looking to adopt a single kitten to rule their lives. ) They
come to meet him tomorrow, so purrs would be gratefully recieved that
they like each other.

My house will be very quiet and very tidy this weekend. (

Such good news about Flan and Lola. Purrs that little Alfie finds a
great home with this couple.

--
Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old June 2nd 05, 11:33 AM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

That's great news about Flanagan and Lola. :-) I'm sure the couple will
love Alfie at first sight. You've done a good job, I hope Cleo enjoys
the , very quiet and very tidy house.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 2nd 05, 05:34 PM
Irulan

aw, sad for you but everything sounds like things are falling into place.
Please give Cleo extra love and skritches from us.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 2nd 05, 06:33 PM
Melissa Houle

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:e757e39bc3efc53922e9f34af1fe638a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Well, Flanagan and Lola have found a great home. ) A family with 2
young boys of 8 & 10, who were very gentle and reserved when meeting the
kittens. Mom and dad didn't commit to the kittens as soon as they saw
them - they had wanted one bitty, and I told them that Flan and Lola
were a pair, so they went away to discuss the implications of 2 owners
before saying yes. Anyway, they seem very nice, very concerned about the
kittens and what having them entails, and I am happy with the home.

It sounds promising, especially with responsible parents and children who
have apparently been taught how to treat animals gently. I think Flanagan
and Lola have hit the jackpot! And they'll have two hoomin playmates for
kitten-appropriate fun and games.

Which brings me on to Alfie. I have made the decision not to adopt him,
simply because Cleo is having difficulty adjusting to the new addition.
She's terrified of the kittens to the point that yesterday she was
pounced on by Alfie and she wet herself in fear. Lord alone knows what
happened to her before I got her, to make her so hesitant and fraidy
(she makes Pandora look brash and confident!) but I can't take the risk
that she won't adapt - she's having enough problems with the dog and
she's been around her for 6 months now.

So, we have found a great home for Alfie - an older semi-retired couple
who are looking to adopt a single kitten to rule their lives. ) They
come to meet him tomorrow, so purrs would be gratefully recieved that
they like each other.

My house will be very quiet and very tidy this weekend. (

Helen M

I hope Alfie will be very happy with his new slaves. =o) ANd that they'll be
very happy with him. And Cleo will be able to relax, again. G

Quiet and tidiness... well, you'll get used to it, although it won't be as
much fun as mad bitties tearing around and around!

Melissa