I'm a bit worried, too (OT)

Old March 20th 06, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I'm a bit worried, too (OT)

Purrs to Tweed for it to all work out okay from the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley

Old March 20th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
Those of you who have been posting here for some time will remember the
major surgery I had to have last year. I had to have a very long incision
from above my ribcage down to the pubis due the nature of what was wrong, so
that all my other organs could be looked at.
Well, I think it has come adrift a bit. I have a swelling in my midriff (at
first I thought I might be getting fat!) but I can actually push it back in
what seems like a small hole when I am standing up.
After some internet research, it sounds like an "incisional hernia" which it
seems isn't *that* easy to repair.
Oh, joy! The last thing I need is any more time off work sick. I have used
all my sick leave almost up to the next millenium, what with 4 years of
continual eye surgery and then this ovarian cancer last May. I don't get
paid now if I am sick.
I know I will have to go to the doctor to confirm my fears, although I don't
think there's much doubt, but I haven't done yet. I'm putting it off.
I need a little rant: what on earth did I ever do to deserve all these bad
things happening to me? My mother being found dead was the worst, I can
cope with all the other health stuff with help and encouragement from my
friends.
I need big hugs, I am so fed up with not being able to get out the cycle of
some sort of illness for long.

Tweed

Big hugs, Tweed. Get yourself to the doctor, please! I hope it is
easier repaired than you think.

Sherry

Old March 20th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote in message

[...]

Christina, you need to get to the doctors, the longer you leave it the worse
it will get. I understand full well how depressing it is when one thing
follows another, but this can be fixed. A friend of mine had a similar
problem, and they put some sort of mesh over the rip to allow it to heal.
Good luck, and remember that I'm thinking of you (everytime I look at my
identical scar!)

Love

Jeanette

Old March 20th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

If you did too much too soon after the previous surgery, one would think
that any possible damage would have shown up sooner. I had a friend here who
simply could not follow her doc's orders and kept having to go back again
and again for herniated incisions. As I recall it was never a very big deal
to get fixed. I hope your job is a sedentary one.

Try to see the bright side, you are still alive....

(((tweed)))

Old March 20th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:37:51 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Oh,{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tweed}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry. You have been through enough. I really hope this is
just the last thing you have to go through, and it can be easily
repaired. I can understand your worry, but call your doc and see
what's what so at least you will know for sure. I know it's hard to
do that sometimes, but the worry and waiting is the worst.

Purrs going out to you. Hang in there.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old March 20th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-19, Christina Websell penned:

I know I will have to go to the doctor to confirm my fears, although I don't
think there's much doubt, but I haven't done yet. I'm putting it off.
I need a little rant: what on earth did I ever do to deserve all these bad
things happening to me? My mother being found dead was the worst, I can
cope with all the other health stuff with help and encouragement from my
friends.
I need big hugs, I am so fed up with not being able to get out the cycle of
some sort of illness for long.

You have every right to rant. I'm so sorry all of this has happened
to you.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 21st 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe