[OT] New Pants

Old March 27th 05, 09:55 PM
CatNipped

Default [OT] New Pants

I've told you guys about my gastric bypass surgery (March 12, 2004), my new
diet and how much I'm exercising. I've also told you that I'd lost my job
right after buying my house and could only find another making half my pay.

So....

I've been *VERY* rapidly losing weight but couldn't *AFFORD* to keep buying
new clothes every 4 to 6 weeks. Fortunately, there's a thrift store right
at the corner of my house where I can pick up clothes for a dollar or two
each piece. Being used, however, the size tag is always washed out or
ripped so I really don't know what size I'm getting, I just try them on and
if they fit I get them.

Now, at 135 (having lost 107 pounds), I've pretty much lost all I'm going
to, although my shape may change a bit more as I exercise. So, I went to
Wal-Mart with DH last night and decided to splurge on a pair of *NEW* pants.
[Yikes, $20.00 for *ONE* pair of pants after a year of only spending a buck
or two!!! ;]

DH was rushing me because he wanted to get home in time to watch a movie on
TV that he'd been waiting all week to see. So, I found a pair of pants I
liked, but I didn't have time to try them on. I guesstimated at a size 6
after holding them up next to me (I really thought a size 8 but DH said no,
he didn't think so), and I bought those.

I got home and *then* tried them on............

The were too big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*OHMYGAWD, THEY WERE TOO
BIG*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

I had to take them back and get a size 4.

*A SIZE FOUR*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly 1 year ago today I was wearing a size *24*!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! thud

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 27th 05, 09:57 PM
KellyH

Congrats Catnipped!! That's amazing! I'll have to Google your posts about
the gastric bypass surgery. I think it's something my DH should do. He
won't even consider it, though.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old March 27th 05, 10:00 PM
CatNipped

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Wow!

I hope it wasn't "Alien Insurrection"? I heard it was a Turkey.

It was something on the SciFi channel with Bruce Campbell.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 27th 05, 10:01 PM
CatNipped

"KellyH" wrote in message
Congrats Catnipped!! That's amazing! I'll have to Google your posts

about
the gastric bypass surgery. I think it's something my DH should do. He
won't even consider it, though.

Yep, I posted a lot of information about it, but here are the main points -
check out my medical stats (to me even more important than what I look like
in the pictures) before and after and show them to him:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/changes/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 27th 05, 10:03 PM
Karen

in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 3/27/05 2:55 PM:

[...]

Wow. Congratulations! You look really petite in your pictures. I am on a
rampage. The fact that I seem to have "rot gut" this week is helping. I'm
bound and determined to get in shape and lose 20 or so lbs. I found a very
inspirational book. Have any of you seen it at the Book store? It's called
Fearless Women and it is kind of a photo essay coffee table book with a
little blurb on each woman's story. They are all from age about 41 to 60
plus. It's just a marvelous book and most of them have incredible stories,
including one woman who was side swiped by a truck and had to completely
relearn how to move. Her quote is "After 30 operations, do you think I worry
about a few wrinkles?". There is another woman, a dancer, who at the height
of her youth and career contracted a mysterious virus that left her
*completely* paralyzed. She had to relearn everything, even expressions.
Joni Mitchell is in it and well... all I can say is it is very motivating.
If you get a chance, look through it at the store.

Again, congrats Lori!

Old March 27th 05, 10:05 PM
KellyH

"CatNipped" wrote
Yep, I posted a lot of information about it, but here are the main
points -
check out my medical stats (to me even more important than what I look
like
in the pictures) before and after and show them to him:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/changes/

Hugs,

Thanks, I bookmarked it. The change is amazing!! You look like a whole new
person. Bet you feel like one too

Old March 27th 05, 10:06 PM
CatNipped

"KellyH" wrote in message
Congrats Catnipped!! That's amazing! I'll have to Google your posts

about
the gastric bypass surgery. I think it's something my DH should do. He
won't even consider it, though.

Also...

My DH too would benefit from the surgery, but he won't either even after
seeing up close and personal how much healthier I've become. It's done
laproscopically now and there's much less recovery time than when a friend
of mine had it 25 years ago.

If you need information on how to get the insurance company to pay for it I
can provide that too. It took me 6 months of appeals before my insurance
company would pay, which is ridiculous considering the cost benefits to
*THEM*! Heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and joint replacement - just a few
of the things I was headed for - is *MUCH* more expensive to treat than the
cost of this surgery!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 27th 05, 10:10 PM
CatNipped

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 3/27/05 2:55 PM:

[...]

Thanks!

No, I haven't seen that one, I'll have to look for it.

As I've stated before, the health benefits of doing this have *FAR*
outweighed the vanity aspect - it has extended my life expectancy a *LOT* (I
now have a good chance of seeing my grandkids married and with children of
their own).

But I have to admit that it *DOES* feels really good to go shopping in the
*MISSES* section (after 25 years of only looking in the women's section)!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 27th 05, 10:12 PM
CatNipped

"KellyH" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote
Yep, I posted a lot of information about it, but here are the main
points -
check out my medical stats (to me even more important than what I look
like
in the pictures) before and after and show them to him:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/changes/

Hugs,

Thanks, I bookmarked it. The change is amazing!! You look like a whole

new
person. Bet you feel like one too

Oh gawd yes! I didn't realize how *BAD* I felt all the time (I have
fibromyalgia and carrying all that extra weight *HURT*). I have *SO* much
energy now - I can *RUN* with my grandkids!!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net
"Wake up, and smell the cat food" -TMBG

[OT] M&Ms, Part 2 Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 3 September 20th 04 08:31 PM
Totally [OT]. What animal? Yowie Cat anecdotes 114 September 20th 04 06:12 PM
Mr. Poopy Pants badwilson Cat anecdotes 10 August 31st 04 02:19 PM
Piddle Pants JBHajos Cat anecdotes 10 July 12th 04 07:18 AM
Extra! Man bites dog! Cat saved! Pants ruined! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 8 February 25th 04 03:37 AM