The Cat Men of Parque Guell

Old July 23rd 05, 07:17 PM
Kitkat

Default The Cat Men of Parque Guell

Two summers ago I was in Spain for almost a month. While traveling
through Barcelona, we visited Parque Guell and noticed there were TONS
of stray kitties roaming around. We also met these two elderly men, who
lived nearby and came to the park EVERY day to feed the strays. I
chatted with them for a while and I was just tickled by them. They were
like the Odd Couple. I think they were both widows and had nothing else
much to do. But it was nice cuz the kitties at least werent terribly
starved. Anyway, I took some pics, so I thought you folks might enjoy
them. Here they are!

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/v...t_men_of_park/

Pam
-happy Saturday!
Old July 23rd 05, 07:31 PM
CatNipped

"Kitkat" wrote in message
Two summers ago I was in Spain for almost a month. While traveling
through Barcelona, we visited Parque Guell and noticed there were TONS
of stray kitties roaming around. We also met these two elderly men, who
lived nearby and came to the park EVERY day to feed the strays. I
chatted with them for a while and I was just tickled by them. They were
like the Odd Couple. I think they were both widows and had nothing else
much to do. But it was nice cuz the kitties at least werent terribly
starved. Anyway, I took some pics, so I thought you folks might enjoy
them. Here they are!

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/v...t_men_of_park/

Pam
-happy Saturday!

Lovely! It's touching to know there are people who care about the lost ones
all over the world!! Thanks for sharing that, Pam.

BTW, how are you feeling? Have they got your meds adjusted well yet?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 23rd 05, 07:36 PM
Kitkat

CatNipped wrote:
"Kitkat" wrote in message

Two summers ago I was in Spain for almost a month. While traveling
through Barcelona, we visited Parque Guell and noticed there were TONS
of stray kitties roaming around. We also met these two elderly men, who
lived nearby and came to the park EVERY day to feed the strays. I
chatted with them for a while and I was just tickled by them. They were
like the Odd Couple. I think they were both widows and had nothing else
much to do. But it was nice cuz the kitties at least werent terribly
starved. Anyway, I took some pics, so I thought you folks might enjoy
them. Here they are!

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/v...t_men_of_park/

Pam
-happy Saturday!

Lovely! It's touching to know there are people who care about the lost ones
all over the world!! Thanks for sharing that, Pam.

It was a fun day at that park. Of course, I stood around just watching
the cats forever. Fortunately, DH is just as much of a cat-geek as me,
so he was right by my side!!!! The men were really adorable. They called
out and the cats came RUNNING! They knew it was feastin' time!

BTW, how are you feeling? Have they got your meds adjusted well yet?

I am feeling good, both physically and mentally. But I am just
absolutely exhausted all the time. Getting someone adjusted to synthroid
is an artform. I am due soon for my first blood test to see what my
hormone levels show, but I am most certain they will have to increase
the dose. I have heard stories of it taking months...even a year or
two...to get someone adjusted to Synthroid. Our bodies are all so
different, so there is not one "right" dose. You just gotta keep playing
with it. Thanks for asking!
Pam
Old July 23rd 05, 09:14 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:17:35 GMT, Kitkat
yodeled:

Two summers ago I was in Spain for almost a month. While traveling
through Barcelona, we visited Parque Guell and noticed there were TONS
of stray kitties roaming around. We also met these two elderly men, who
lived nearby and came to the park EVERY day to feed the strays. I
chatted with them for a while and I was just tickled by them. They were
like the Odd Couple. I think they were both widows and had nothing else
much to do. But it was nice cuz the kitties at least werent terribly
starved. Anyway, I took some pics, so I thought you folks might enjoy
them. Here they are!

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/v...t_men_of_park/

Pam
-happy Saturday!