Can anyone explain this behavior?

Old September 19th 03, 09:28 AM
-L.

(Cheryl *) wrote in message ...
I am the owner of three cats - one is a domestic longhair 8 yrs old, and
the other two are domestic shorthairs 2 yrs old (siblings). I also own
two dogs, ages 8yrs, and 8 months. All are female, and all are spayed.
Each cat - of course - has a unique personality. One of the 2 year olds
has me baffled, tho. When my father - who only visits once every couple
of months or so - visits my home, this cat - who is usually quite
aloof - acts like she is absolutely crazy about him. She rubs all over
him, and will also lay in front of him on the floor "wiggling" on her
back. She does not leave him alone. She has behaved this way towards him
since his first visit - a little over 1 year ago. Just this past week
she started giving him what I think are "love bites". Now, she has
always been a friendly cat, but her usual behavior is to rub against our
legs, get petted, then be on her way (she doesn't like to be picked up).
She NEVER acts toward anyone else the way she acts towards my Dad. She
will come out to visit as soon as he arrives. We are a family of females
at my house. The only male is our Beta fish! LOL Don't know if that
would have anything to do with it or not. Also, my Dad and Mom only have
one dog at their house.Thanks for any insight any of you can give me!!

I think your kitty wants to go live with Dad. Seriously. I'd
consider it, if I were you. She obviously loves him.

-L.

Old September 19th 03, 03:43 PM
dgk

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:40:14 -0700 (MST),
(Cheryl *) wrote:

[...]

Cats are weird. The more I read this group, the more I think that
they're just weird. That being said, I have one of my cats because it
ignored all the females in the house he was in and only really warmed
up to the father. Now that I have him (I'm male), he is a mushpot.
He's ok with females but does seem to prefer males. Maybe he likes the
smell better?

Old September 19th 03, 07:55 PM
Rene

"Bill" wrote in message ...
"Cheryl *" wrote in message

[...]

Cats like some people more than others, just like people like some people
more than others.

We don't think like cats, so it's hard to explain why a cat would like one
person more than another. Then again, it's sometimes hard to explain why we
like one person more than another.

Bill

I agree with Bill. My Tucker, for some reason *loves* my youngest
sister, who doesn't visit very often. One time, she had a car accident
and spent the night at my place. I had to lock Tucker in my bedroom so
she could sleep!

Rene

Cats behavior Erika Cat anecdotes 20 May 13th 04 08:22 PM
Question about kitten behavior eric Cat health & behaviour 10 August 25th 03 06:38 PM
non-kitten sucking behavior J1Boss Cat health & behaviour 16 August 16th 03 09:28 PM