Cat with bowel problem

Old September 27th 03, 05:36 PM
StephanieJae

Default Cat with bowel problem

I am writing this for my Mom, she does not compute!
She has an approx. 6-8 mo. old male neutered cat. The last few weeks
he has started screaming when he has a bowel movement, he is not
constipated, occasionally it is a little loose and he gets it all over
the bathroom, he has no other symptoms and plays, acts fine. He has
been to the vet repeatedly and they cannot find a problem and say he
does not scream there. Could anyone give us a clue what is happening,
she is very concerned. Thank you for your help. Stephanie
Old September 27th 03, 09:37 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:55:33 GMT, Sandra Loosemore
wrote:

(StephanieJae) writes:

I am writing this for my Mom, she does not compute!
She has an approx. 6-8 mo. old male neutered cat. The last few weeks
he has started screaming when he has a bowel movement, he is not
constipated, occasionally it is a little loose and he gets it all over
the bathroom, he has no other symptoms and plays, acts fine. He has
been to the vet repeatedly and they cannot find a problem and say he
does not scream there. Could anyone give us a clue what is happening,
she is very concerned. Thank you for your help. Stephanie

Has the vet checked his anal sacs? If they become clogged, it can be
quite painful for the cat to poop, and in the worst case it can lead
to a nasty abscess. The good news is that this problem is easy for
the vet to "fix".

-Sandra

Good idea. I've never had a cat that had this trouble, so I don't
think about it. I did, however, have a dog some 40 years ago that did
-- he got really "smelly".