Fluffy's other brain cell

Old November 13th 03, 01:25 AM
Yowie

Default Fluffy's other brain cell

Tish invited Joel and I to meet her managerie.

I had to let her know, first up, that I am *deeply* jealous of her, because
her new house is just *stunning*, as is the property it resides on. It has
views of the Blue Moutains, it is surrounded by bushland (including a dam
and a creek) and the inside is wonderfully decorated, featuring mainly slate
and wood. The windows are tall and go all the way up to the high high
ceiling, and because the setting its in provides the privacy, the views are
uninterupted by curtains or blinds. This place is truly a retreat from the
world, and is of course perfect for Dave, the bug collector too.

Joel and I were introduced to the famous Ted, who was suitably cranky and
thoroughly uninterested in us. Spock spent a great deal of time sniffing at
Joel and I, which of course we didn't mind, being cat slaves ourselves.
Persephone was curious, but not quite as brave as her brother, but amused us
greatly by chasing her mousie around the house.

Kendra the beagle was far too energetic to have too much time for us. We got
a perfunctory sniff after being barked at, but she was quickly off again to
do whatever it is blonde beagles do with their time. Fox, the pharoah dog,
gave us a remarkable display of teeth, and plenty of warning barks when we
first arrived as well, but quickly worked out we weren't too much of a
threat. He seemed curious, but his shyness prevented him from actually
coming up and gettting scratches - he was content to just hang around the
humans but keep his distance from the strangers.

And then there was Bongo. Bongo is Tish's mother's dog. As soon as we met
Bongo, I recognised her, by nature, if not by appearance. She had, and
continued to have throughout the day, the same contented and silly grin that
Fluffy has on her face all day. Bongo was easily persuaded to be scritched,
and then decided that we were good scritchers and wouldn't let us stop. She
followed us around for the rest of the day, looking vaguely pathetic and
flinging herself under any spare hand available, and created a great cloud
of Bongo fur every time the fingernails were applied. Bongo is so much like
Fluffy in nature it is quite clear where Fluffy's other brain cell resides.
Bongo & Fluffy may have seperate bodies, but surely they share a brain.

Joel and I had a wonderful time chatting to Tish and Dave and Tish's mother,
going on a short bushwalk on their property and being emotionally
blackmailed into scratching Bongo again. Next time Tish and Dave will have
to come down the mountain to meet the B*st*rd C*t, and Bongo's Brain's Other
Half.

Yowie

Old November 13th 03, 05:15 AM
Marina

"Yowie" wrote in
snip wonderful visit

Joel and I had a wonderful time chatting to Tish and Dave and Tish's

mother,
going on a short bushwalk on their property and being emotionally
blackmailed into scratching Bongo again. Next time Tish and Dave will have
to come down the mountain to meet the B*st*rd C*t, and Bongo's Brain's

Other
Half.

It sounds like you had a really good time, and I'm jealous! Wish I could
meet Ted and the babies, as well as Fluffy's other brain cell.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 13th 03, 09:04 AM
GraceCat

"Yowie" wrote in message ...
Next time Tish and Dave will have
to come down the mountain to meet the B*st*rd C*t, and Bongo's Brain's Other
Half.

Yowie

In highschool my lil ol' brain had a name... "Fred Wilson Scott"
because it was strange enough to warrant a name all by itself.

Maybe Fluffy's brain needs a name too?

And Bongo of course.
Old November 13th 03, 03:20 PM
Nan

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:25:21 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

[...]

Tish's house sounds fabulous, and I love the descriptions of her
menagerie. Bongo sounds like she could be Boomer's soul sister.

Nan
Old November 13th 03, 09:59 PM
polonca12000

Oh, I'm jealous! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your day, Vicky. Are
there any pics of the meeting?
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yowie" wrote in message
Tish invited Joel and I to meet her managerie.

snip

Old November 13th 03, 11:16 PM
Tish S

"Yowie" wrote in message ...
Tish invited Joel and I to meet her managerie.

[regretfully snipped]

It was fabulous being geographically close enough to be able to invite
Yowie and Joel up for a casual lunch. We had *such* a lovely
afternoon. Dave and Joel did blokey bonding things and Yowie and I
discovered that we think the same on most things and share a similar
sense of humour. I'm hoping this is the beginning of a regular thing.

Bongo is besotted with both Yowie and Joel and, to be honest, made a
bit of a nuisance of herself - flinging herself down under whichever
of them was nearest.

Since Gracecat is suggesting a brain-name, can I humbly suggest that
Bongo's brain be called "Boffy" and Fluffy's brain be called "Flongo";
since they share a brain they should share a brain-name too.

The cats were unaccountably shy, except for Spocky. Ted is usually a
bit of a party-animal with visitors, but she was evidently
out-of-sorts that day. Persephone is a funny little thing who has to
be introduced on her own terms. I think she thought Vicky and Joel
were going to abduct her; silly puss - she's only going *anywhere*!

Cheers,
Tish
Old November 14th 03, 06:17 AM
Yowie

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message

Tish invited Joel and I to meet her managerie.

[regretfully snipped]

ditto snipped, although Yum Cha must be organised, and soon

Since Gracecat is suggesting a brain-name, can I humbly suggest that
Bongo's brain be called "Boffy" and Fluffy's brain be called "Flongo";
since they share a brain they should share a brain-name too.

ROFLMAO! Yes! Yes *Flongo* is a *perfect* name for Fluffy's half of the
doggy brain!

Yowie

Old November 14th 03, 11:31 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Your visit sounds wonderful. But my Shasta thinks you are maligning
Fluffy and Bongo's brain power. Just because a dog is very friendly
and wants to be petted doesn't mean she doesn't have any brains.

Of course, you should remember, compared to cats, d*gs have no brains at all.

Purrs, Waffles
(secure in the knowledge that, as a cat, she is a superior life form...)

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune

Old November 15th 03, 05:48 PM
Tanada

Of course, you should remember, compared to cats, d*gs have no brains at all.

Purrs, Waffles
(secure in the knowledge that, as a cat, she is a superior life form...)

Right, d*gs is schtupid.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. looking forward to meeting Dave G's d*gs this
weekend