mother and six kittens need a home

Old August 7th 05, 03:27 AM
slimer

Default mother and six kittens need a home

mother cat and kittens need a home. kittens were born August 2nd.
we live in miami, fl.

please email us if you want the whole family.

thanks.

Old August 7th 05, 06:44 AM
IBen Getiner

slimer wrote:
mother cat and kittens need a home. kittens were born August 2nd.
we live in miami, fl.

please email us if you want the whole family.

thanks.

Who pays shipping? You, I assume, since it's your problem. Do you
guarantee live delivery?

IBen Getiner

Old August 7th 05, 11:14 AM
Hailey

Candace wrote:
slimer wrote:

mother cat and kittens need a home. kittens were born August 2nd.
we live in miami, fl.

please email us if you want the whole family.

thanks.

Nice. I hope you're planning on holding on to them for awhile since
they're like 5 days old now. They need to be with their mom until
they're 8-10 weeks old. If this is your cat who had babies, you should
look into spaying her and you technically are responsible for all 6
kittens being born. If she's a stray cat you brought in, that was
commendable but you still need to spay her and let the kittens stay
with her for another 9 weeks before you home them. I doubt if anyone
is going to take the *whole* family, be real, expend some effort to get
them homes or they will die. Just posting here is not the best way.
Make flyers, put them in vet offices, call no-kill shelters, get the
word out, and don't give them away for free.

Or you could be a troll...I hope.

Candace

Hey Candace
I was curious why you say not to give them away for free?
Hailey
Old August 7th 05, 06:46 PM
Candace

Hailey wrote:

Hey Candace
I was curious why you say not to give them away for free?

What Diane said is exactly the reason. You want people who care enough
to spend a little money, not someone who just takes a cat on the spur
of the moment and gets tired of it a couple days later and dumps it
somewhere. Plus I have heard sometimes that free animals often go to
labs, etc. Obviously, if you are giving a cat to your best friend or a
relative, that's a different story since you would presumably know that
they really wanted a cat, but a total stranger is a different story.
You want someone who *really* wants a cat. Advertising them for a
price is going to weed out a lot of the riffraff.

Candace

Old August 8th 05, 07:29 PM

I think most animals that are in labs are bred specifically aren't
they, so that they're "clean". I have heard of cats being stolen for
the disgusting fur trade though, as I suppose it's cheaper than
importing their pelts from China. I think if you are telling people
that they shouldn't give surplus animals away, then surely you are
encouraging people to breed and sell them. If I had to do it (which I
won't as mine is fixed), I'd advertise "free to a good home" and then
do a home check to decide who was going to get the animal. If they
didn't agree to the home check I wouldn't let them take the animal.