Apology

Old April 7th 05, 01:53 AM
CatNipped

Default Apology

I would like to apologize to everyone here who has been subjected to my
frustration, invective, and unladylike language in the recent thread
regarding letting cats go roam outdoors.

The subject has devolved to petty bickering and I will no longer take part
in adding to the disturbance.

Please forgive any upset or disruption I have caused here.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 7th 05, 02:21 AM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I would like to apologize to everyone here who has been subjected to my
frustration, invective, and unladylike language in the recent thread
regarding letting cats go roam outdoors.

The subject has devolved to petty bickering and I will no longer take part
in adding to the disturbance.

Please forgive any upset or disruption I have caused here.

--

No! I for one am outraged!

Old April 7th 05, 02:36 AM
CatNipped

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 06 Apr 2005 08:53:25p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

I would like to apologize to everyone here who has been
subjected to my frustration, invective, and unladylike language
in the recent thread regarding letting cats go roam outdoors.

The subject has devolved to petty bickering and I will no longer
take part in adding to the disturbance.

Please forgive any upset or disruption I have caused here.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Why yet another apology for your postings?

Because I feel that in my "righteous anger" over what I perceived was
endangerment to a creature that I adore I went way too far in spewing
invective.

This is what, 3 or 4
now?

Oh probably lots more than that by now, I make lots of mistakes and probably
will continue to make mistake until the day I die. I also hope I can
continue to admit it and apologize when I do.

Why not just stand by the convictions of your original
thoughts, since you felt the need to relay them?

Because I've cooled down and realized that by being petty and spiteful I was
harming rather than furthering my cause.

Unless something
or someone is forcing you to post before you think about hitting
the "send" button?

Nope, the only thing "forcing" me to post before I think is my anger at the
moment and the entusiasm in displaying my admittedly lame wit at the expense
of someone I am angry with.

Or, is it when you reread what you've posted
that you feel a little stupid now?

Yes, frankly.

I have to add my own comment to your style: Your flame posts that
end in "Hugs," cracks me up!! lol

Thank you, I'm glad I afforded you some amusement in my diatribes.

FWIW, the cat groups have a long and boring history of indoor vs.
outdoor, and TBH, neither "side" is going to convince the other
that its wrong or right.

Yes, I've admitted I am fairly "new" (at least new again) to usenet. I've
made a newbie mistake and fell into what must seem like deja vu to old hands
here.

It does have its slightly entertaining
side to me, though, 'cos I've been there.

I'm glad I've been able to provide you with entertainment, hopefully that's
not the only good thing that came of the thread - I was at least hoping it
would make some people stop and think before just doing something without
considering the consequences.

It gets old. But, it'll
probably go on until Usenet is no more. Lets hope that time never
comes.

At the risk of somehow annoying you again, again I apologize. ;?

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Old April 7th 05, 02:41 AM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote

It does have its slightly entertaining
side to me, though, 'cos I've been there.

I'm glad I've been able to provide you with entertainment, hopefully

that's
not the only good thing that came of the thread - I was at least hoping it
would make some people stop and think before just doing something without
considering the consequences.

It will. It is indeed, as Kenneth Patchen wrote, "a battle worthy
of our weapons."

Old April 7th 05, 02:57 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 06 Apr 2005 09:36:10p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

At the risk of somehow annoying you again, again I apologize. ;?

Not annoyed at all. Just asking why you always feel the need to
apologize. It just seemed like you were tag-teaming with Mary,
because her whole goal here is to disrupt and name-call, not debate.
You just seemed to be morphing her style. Though she doesn't end hers
with hugs. Actually, that would make me gag.

Old April 7th 05, 03:00 AM

CatNipped wrote:
I would like to apologize to everyone here who has been subjected to

my
frustration, invective, and unladylike language in the recent thread
regarding letting cats go roam outdoors.

The subject has devolved to petty bickering and I will no longer take

part
in adding to the disturbance.

Please forgive any upset or disruption I have caused here.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Pfft. Don't apologize. Simply put, the "Born Free" mentality makes you
crazy. It makes me crazy, too, but I've already been full circle on
this argument a million times. People who deliberately endanger cats in
the name of their "freedom", and people who show little or no regard
for the million homeless cats in the world; people who encourage
breeding all make me crazy. Ashley just happens to fit all 3.

Sherry

Old April 7th 05, 03:13 AM
CatNipped

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 06 Apr 2005 09:36:10p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

At the risk of somehow annoying you again, again I apologize. ;?

Not annoyed at all. Just asking why you always feel the need to
apologize.

I hope that I am always humble enough to apologize when I've done something
wrong, wronged or hurt someone, or made a complete ass of myself. I wasn't
kidding when I said I was raised by a very proper southern lady. She would
be totally appalled with my behavior here of late.

It just seemed like you were tag-teaming with Mary,

I really, really try not to take anyone's "side" but instead try to side
with the opinion being stated at the time (though I'll freely admit that
when someone is agreeing with me it tends to make my opinion of their
intelligence rise a notch! ;) [OK, I *really* need to keep that tongue
out of that cheek, it does always get me in trouble!!]

because her whole goal here is to disrupt and name-call, not debate.
You just seemed to be morphing her style. Though she doesn't end hers
with hugs. Actually, that would make me gag.

Again, I don't want to be pigeon-holed as in anybody's "camp". That will
only cause what I may have to say, or what help I may have to give, to be
disregarded out-of-hand. I would do just about *anything*, or abase myself
in *any* way, in order to help even one cat. I truly am an ailurophile.

I'll try really hard in the future to balance what I say to what I am
replying to and not the person that I'm replying to.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 7th 05, 03:26 AM
Mary

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 06 Apr 2005 09:36:10p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

At the risk of somehow annoying you again, again I apologize. ;?

Not annoyed at all. Just asking why you always feel the need to
apologize. It just seemed like you were tag-teaming with Mary,
because her whole goal here is to disrupt and name-call, not debate.

You're such an idiot. Anyone--everyone can see that that is not my
"whole goal." When will you learn that simply saying something enough
times does not make it true?

You just seemed to be morphing her style. Though she doesn't end hers
with hugs. Actually, that would make me gag.

The sight of your name makes me gag, you spineless wonder.

Old April 7th 05, 03:55 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I would like to apologize to everyone here who has been subjected to my
frustration, invective, and unladylike language in the recent thread
regarding letting cats go roam outdoors.

The subject has devolved to petty bickering and I will no longer take part
in adding to the disturbance.

Please forgive any upset or disruption I have caused here.

Not to worry, IMO. Without meaning for it to happen, once in a while it can
be too easy to get entrapped in such a thread if feeling
passionate/upset/irritated/frustrated - whatever - about something, & it
then kind of runs away with you in tow... May make you feel stupid &/or
ashamed &/or apologetic for engaging in the thread, & may realize it's a
waste of one's breath & time, but... it does sometimes happen.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to this particular thread, partly since I've
done the indoor/outdoor issue before... and they tend to be repeats - if
you've seen one or two, you've basically seen them all, IMO.

Cathy

Old April 7th 05, 04:39 AM
Mathew Kagis

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I would like to apologize to everyone here who has been subjected to my
frustration, invective, and unladylike language in the recent thread
regarding letting cats go roam outdoors.

The subject has devolved to petty bickering and I will no longer take part
in adding to the disturbance.

Please forgive any upset or disruption I have caused here.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Hey CN, I, for one, rather enjoyed debating with you. There are others, who
shall remain nameless & on my blocked list, who I did'nt enjoy debating
with.... Name calling & cheap emotional shots are not what I consider
'civilized debate'.

You might have gotten a little hot under the collar, but you never sank to
the level of others who saw themselves as 'in your camp'. That you and I
could agree to disagree, shows me that you're a smart & civilized cookie.
You have nothing to apologise for here.... What's that Chablis?..... She
agrees with me... Hey, get your tail out of the way of the computer screen,
I'm trying to type....

Anyway, I still feel the love.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Ps. Do check out the book "Guns, Germs & Steel" By Jared Diamond... I think
someone of your intelligence would really enjoy it.

Diety cat photo - apology to Baha Susan M Cat anecdotes 23 January 10th 05 07:24 PM
Apology O J Cat anecdotes 12 September 10th 04 04:08 AM
An apology Bobcat Cat anecdotes 4 September 3rd 04 12:49 PM
OT - An 'apology' to the M.E. Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 8 July 6th 04 02:15 PM