Jellicle Ball: Cat Anjil

Old October 8th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ralph & His Clowder

Default Jellicle Ball: Cat Anjil

[Two cats, one huge and the other delicate, take the stage in the center
of the Colosseum and hold paws, blinking in the bright light. They are
followed by two smaller cats, one orange and one grey & beige carrying a
flute and a psaltry, and then by the rest of the members of the House of
David and the House of Rennie.]

Deer frendz, mineown sweet wedwink Kissa and I are going to sing the
song that mine sisfur Laura sang at sew meny Jellicle Ballz. I hope she
and her Vinnie can heer uz tonight along wif all ar uther frendz at the
Ball at the Rainbow Bridj. We sing fur dem ana honor dem all.

[Ralph clears his throat, squeezes Kissa's paw, and nods at Alice and
Jane to pick up their instruments. While they begin to play the refrain,
he and Kissa close their eyes and remember.....then begin to sing... ]

Dat faytul day, da call was herd
Dat tu da Bridj yewd go
I drew yew bak ana we wer saf
Bud den I let yew go-oh-oh.

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Anna am I stil yewr own tru luff?

I kno yew tried tu stay fur me
Ana gif me wun moor purr
A smurgle warm ana heddbutt tuu
Ana grummin uv da fur

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Yew wer sick ana tired tuu,
I cudnt mayk yew stay
I'll nefer smuff yewr fur agin
Yewr atta da Bridf tuday

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Cat Anjil, ansur mee pleeze...

[As silence falls, an echoing refrain can be heard from the Bridj, led
by Laura and Vinnie and joined by all the cats, d*gs, and others at the
Rainbow Bridge.]

Deer wunz, we kin heer yew
Deer wunz, we kin see yew
We ar weighting up above
Wif ar hartz still filled wif love

Old October 8th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 20:30:51 -0700, Ralph & His Clowder's nimble,
little paws typed:

[...]

[Petite Persian moves closer to her wink, and wipes away a tear]

Dat song alwayz makes me so so sad....

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
10/8/2006 12:02:20 AM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old October 8th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
CatTayls/Little Kitty

Little Kitty, swaying gentlee to thuh moosik, shyly joyns in wif her
sopranno voize and joyfully appreshiates thuh tradishuns of thuh
Jellicle Ball.

Cat Anjul kin yew heer me.......

Little Kitty, smiling up at thuh Bridj

Old October 8th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

tiger holds his wifekitty's paw very tightly and a small tear trickles down
his face as he hears the unmistakable trill that onli miss violette made...

Old October 8th 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Pit2nya rememfurrz da storeez datt hur haz herd bowt hur
Sisfurr-at-da-Bridge, Dyna Mo/Mite, and hur frendz, hu
ar weow wiff hur at da Bridge, and az she lookz up, seffurrel
shtarz twinkul bak at hur.

Pitö.önya

Old October 8th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran

Puddi Cat and Buster lean close together as tears trickle down their facez.
Ize fink thatz Punkins voice Ize hears in the Bridge refrain Buster.

Puddi Cat
(who finks this is a furry poignant song)

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old October 8th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
From the House of Rennie

[Az Kissa singz, a teer slydz slowlee down hur fays. She opinz hur ayez
fur a momint an lukz up at da sky, an seez alla da starz begin tu
twinkle. Seeing tu starz almost stuk tugeffur, seeming tu sway in tym tu
da mewsik, she nudjiz Ralph, an az he lukz upwurd, doze tu starz begin
tu twinkle mor britelee dan da offurs] Wen da song iz offur, she turnz
tu Ralph, an wif a smyl tellz him "Ralphee, datz Laura an Vinnie up der.
Der lettin us node der der, an ar lettin us node der okey dokey"

Kissa, wiping away da teerz

Old October 9th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meeee

sniffs and paw touches between everycat as five oranjcats, one oranj siamese
and one tortie siamese meatloaf respekfully, softly rememfurin absent
friends, an lift their eyes to the stars, twinkling like beloved kitty eyes,
as the last verse of the refrain drifts down from the bridge of stars that
magically appears above them.