And Then There Are the Times

Old September 18th 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

Default And Then There Are the Times

....when one falls quietly asleep in one's easy chair over a book that
wasn't quite as riveting, perhaps, as the blurb promised it would be -
and wakes up suddenly with a black nose dabbing gently against one's own
schnozz, whiskers cocked forward for maximum tickle effect and with the
rest of the cat just rumbling away.

"Oh, good!" she says, sounding relieved. "You *are* awake, after all.
I was afraid you might have gone to sleep and forgotten all about me!"

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra
Old September 18th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Baird Stafford wrote:
...when one falls quietly asleep in one's easy chair over a book that
wasn't quite as riveting, perhaps, as the blurb promised it would be -
and wakes up suddenly with a black nose dabbing gently against one's own
schnozz, whiskers cocked forward for maximum tickle effect and with the
rest of the cat just rumbling away.

"Oh, good!" she says, sounding relieved. "You *are* awake, after all.
I was afraid you might have gone to sleep and forgotten all about me!"

Baird

Moments like this are what make life so sweet....
Old September 18th 09, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Baird Stafford wrote:
...when one falls quietly asleep in one's easy chair over a book that
wasn't quite as riveting, perhaps, as the blurb promised it would be -
and wakes up suddenly with a black nose dabbing gently against one's own
schnozz, whiskers cocked forward for maximum tickle effect and with the
rest of the cat just rumbling away.

"Oh, good!" she says, sounding relieved. "You *are* awake, after all.
I was afraid you might have gone to sleep and forgotten all about me!"

Sounds nice. It could never happen here, because whenever I sit down,
Caliban gets in my lap, and either curls up on my arm, which he is too
big for so his legs keep sliding off me and I have to keep fixing his
position, or he tramples around on my bosom and purrs. Neither
alternative is very conducive to falling asleep.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old September 18th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I was sitting in my "easy" chair last night crocheting, I sensed the baby
blanket moving and, sure enough, when I opened my eyes, Piglett was staring
at my face. OF TO and Willow each had a corner walking away. They looked
at me like, "we thought you would get too warm so we were moving it for
you." I have had too many rows ripped out by helpful cats to buy that one.