Moving

Old March 20th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Moving

Poor Meep. This morning, I stuck her in a room that she's usually
banned from, and when she came out, everything was gone! Movers came
and packed us out. I didn't realize just how badly (and quietly) she's
stressing, until the furniture was gone: The floors were just covered
by cat hair! Looked like we have about 20 all black cats, and haven't
vaccumed in months! Coulda stuffed a pillow with what I vaccumed off
the floor.

Before she ventured out, I did put all her stuff we still have back
into the expected places - various water, food, bedding, but there
isn't much. She won't play unless I'm at the other end of the toy, so
the fact that most of her toys are gone isn't such a big deal. I'm
sure she'll be complaining tonight that her tree is gone though - she
spends most of her waking hours and some of her sleeping ones there.

So, more Feliway spray for the poor TravelCat. Any suggestions on how
we can help keep her stress level down during this time that's so
stressful for all of us? We're living in an empty house for a week,
then we go live in a strange place for a couple of weeks, then she goes
to a cattery for a month, then a plane flight, followed by a 30 day
quarantine. Our adventure doesn't end until mid- June, when we'll all
finally be reunited.

jmc

Old March 21st 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

jmc wrote:

So, more Feliway spray for the poor TravelCat. Any suggestions on how
we can help keep her stress level down during this time that's so
stressful for all of us? We're living in an empty house for a week,
then we go live in a strange place for a couple of weeks, then she goes
to a cattery for a month, then a plane flight, followed by a 30 day
quarantine. Our adventure doesn't end until mid- June, when we'll all
finally be reunited.

jmc

Wow, no, I'm afraid I have no suggestions. I must have missed previous
posts from you about this? Where are you moving? Will you be able to
visit her at the cattery and then while she's in quarantine? Will she
be caged during those times? Yikes, it does sound stressful...for all
of you.

Candace

Old March 21st 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

jmc wrote:
shew
jmc

pick her up and rouse her real good

rastle with her! take her mind off of things

stop holding things in, that's what she's doing

Old March 21st 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"jmc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Poor Meep. This morning, I stuck her in a room that she's usually

So, more Feliway spray for the poor TravelCat. Any suggestions on how
we can help keep her stress level down during this time that's so
stressful for all of us? We're living in an empty house for a week,
then we go live in a strange place for a couple of weeks, then she goes
to a cattery for a month, then a plane flight, followed by a 30 day
quarantine. Our adventure doesn't end until mid- June, when we'll all
finally be reunited.

jmc

Good luck with the move. Which country are you moving too?
I would make sure the cattery knows she gets cystitis.
Alison

Old March 26th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Oh, yea, I'll certainly do that. I'm sending the veterinary food with
her, since by definition she'll be stressed and prone to an attack.
Actually, I think she's doing quite well, perhaps she remembers from
before. She's been very calm and not terribly clingy, which she gets
when she's stressed, despite the echoingly empty house.

jmc