OT - Surgery Date Set

Old August 20th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Surgery Date Set

Ah well, as always seems the case with me, things are a bit more complicated
than we first thought - but still better than before. After looking at the
MRI, the neurosurgeon thinks that the surgery will be a bit more extensive
than he first thought. I'll be put under general anesthesia (which means a
bunch of pre-op testing and another half-day off work), and I'll have to
stay in the hospital at least overnight. I think he may do an anterior
cervical fusion - which means he'll fuse the two vertebrae together instead
of just removing the overgrown and remove the whole disk instead of part of
it.

My work doesn't seem to want me to take PTO - not that I have enough left
anyway to pay for my time off - they want me to go out on "disability" (for
just two weeks??!), so that means more forms to fill out. The up side is
I'll get paid at 2/3 my salary - YAY.

So good and bad - and I'm tending to look at it more as good since just
relieving the pain will be like a birthday and Christmas present all wrapped
in one.

The tentative date is September 5.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 20th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

[...]

Disability leave sounds like a good idea in case you need a little
longer to recover, then you won't be worried about needing extra time
off (and not getting money). Glad you finally found the right doctor,
which goes to show that if one says nothing can be done, one must keep
looking. Doctors can't possibly know everything (though few will admit
it!).

Beaucoup purrs for a speedy recovery,
Bobble
Old August 20th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`[_2_]

, CatNipped
[...]

Purrs and best wishes sent for your surgery to go well and you not being in
much pain till then and you'll be pain free afterwards.
Keep a positive attitude, like you always do
Hug
Kyla

Old August 21st 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:43:50 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

I'm glad you'll be able to have the surgery! They probably want you to
take disability because that way if you need more time off than you
planned it's not a big deal - and you're not wasting your vacation
time on recovering!
Old August 21st 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Ah well, as always seems the case with me, things are a bit more
complicated than we first thought - but still better than before. After
looking at the MRI, the neurosurgeon thinks that the surgery will be a bit
more extensive than he first thought. I'll be put under general
anesthesia (which means a bunch of pre-op testing and another half-day off
work), and I'll have to stay in the hospital at least overnight. I think
he may do an anterior cervical fusion - which means he'll fuse the two
vertebrae together instead of just removing the overgrown and remove the
whole disk instead of part of it.

Purrs and well wishes from us all here. Please keep us informed.

Pam S.

Old August 21st 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Getting the date set with expectations of relief is a major
accomplishment. Many purrs that the outcome is everything you're hoping
for.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 21st 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

My work doesn't seem to want me to take PTO - not that I have enough
left anyway to pay for my time off - they want me to go out on
"disability" (for just two weeks??!), so that means more forms to
fill out. The up side is I'll get paid at 2/3 my salary - YAY.

Your employer is spot on! That's what STD (no, not a venereal disease!
short term disability) insurance is for. The paperwork is relatively
painless. The disability carrier will get most of the information from the
doctor. And yes, you get paid Much better than just taking time off.

So good and bad - and I'm tending to look at it more as good since
just relieving the pain will be like a birthday and Christmas present
all wrapped in one.

The tentative date is September 5.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Purrs for the procedure to go smoothly and recuperation time to be short.
I'm glad you finally found a doctor who said of course there's something we
can do!

Jill

Old August 22nd 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Lots of luck with it. I have have lots of surgery, unfortunately.
a) do not underestimate the pain you might experience
b) do not believe the doctors when they say "you will be back to work in x
time" They only perform the operation, they haven't had one themselves. It
will vary.

Tweed

Old August 22nd 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

On Aug 20, 2:43*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Ah well, as always seems the case with me, things are a bit more complicated
than we first thought - but still better than before. ...

So good and bad - and I'm tending to look at it more as good since just
relieving the pain will be like a birthday and Christmas present all wrapped
in one.

The tentative date is September 5.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

CN,
I've been gone from the group for a while and I missed reading about
your neck problems. I hope the surgery goes well and you get relief.
Good vibrations from the cats and us as well for a rapid and complete
recovery.
Annie
Old August 22nd 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Aug 21, 11:00 pm, Annie Wxill wrote:
On Aug 20, 2:43 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

Ah well, as always seems the case with me, things are a bit more complicated
than we first thought - but still better than before. ...

So good and bad - and I'm tending to look at it more as good since just
relieving the pain will be like a birthday and Christmas present all wrapped
in one.

The tentative date is September 5.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Purrs and gentle headbutts that the procedure us quick and painless
and reccovery is fast.
Julie