SPAMmer *AND* Breeder!

Old September 5th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default SPAMmer *AND* Breeder!

On Sep 5, 3:05 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
A SPAMmer *AND* a breeder - wow, I think he's hit a new low for this group!

I might agree, if I had any idea what you were talking
about! (Even though you changed the subject title, you
might at least quote enough of the original post so the rest
of us knew to whom you were objecting - especially since it
was apparently cross-posted to several groups.)

The whole point is to *not* perpetuate the spammer's message by
copying it!
Does your newsreader not show the first message?

Sherry

Old September 5th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

CatNipped wrote:

A SPAMmer *AND* a breeder - wow, I think he's hit a new low for this group!

I might agree, if I had any idea what you were talking
about! (Even though you changed the subject title, you
might at least quote enough of the original post so the rest
of us knew to whom you were objecting - especially since it
was apparently cross-posted to several groups.)

The whole point is to *not* perpetuate the spammer's message by
copying it!

But cutting both the thread title and/or first line sort of
defeats the purpose of protesting, doesn't it? What's the
point if no one knows to what you are objecting?

Does your newsreader not show the first message?

The "first message" in this thread was CatNipped's response
to an unidentifed post - hence my comment.
Old September 5th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

wrote:

CatNipped wrote:

A SPAMmer *AND* a breeder - wow, I think he's hit a new low for this group!

I might agree, if I had any idea what you were talking
about! (Even though you changed the subject title, you
might at least quote enough of the original post so the rest
of us knew to whom you were objecting - especially since it
was apparently cross-posted to several groups.)

The whole point is to *not* perpetuate the spammer's message by
copying it!

But cutting both the thread title and/or first line sort of
defeats the purpose of protesting, doesn't it? What's the
point if no one knows to what you are objecting?

Does your newsreader not show the first message?

The "first message" in this thread was CatNipped's response
to an unidentifed post - hence my comment.- Hide quoted text -

My newsreader shows "New Website...." as the first message, then
the replies follow in the same thread, with CN's reply (with change of
title) following in the normal order. I assumed your view of the
thread
was the same.

Sherry

Old September 5th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

wrote:

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Some of us have phrases like "New Website" filtered, so would never see the
original post.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 5th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

On Sep 5, 4:06 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
But cutting both the thread title and/or first line sort of
defeats the purpose of protesting, doesn't it? What's the
point if no one knows to what you are objecting?

Does your newsreader not show the first message?

The "first message" in this thread was CatNipped's response
to an unidentifed post - hence my comment.- Hide quoted text -

My newsreader shows "New Website...." as the first message, then
the replies follow in the same thread, with CN's reply (with change of
title) following in the normal order. I assumed your view of the
thread was the same.

Nope - I also did not see the first message. So I didn't know what
was being objected to, either. However I figured the initial post would
drift by my server sooner or later - messages often arrive out of
order.

Joyce