Update on Senyah

Old November 7th 03, 07:53 AM
Yoj

Default Update on Senyah

The purrs and prayers will continue. I hope you get definitive answers
soon, and that the problem turns out to be easy to fix.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
news

Well, we went in for the tests today, although most of the day was
spent waiting.

We arrived early, as requested. After 'registration' at the Admissions
office (say 'more paperwork, please'), we ended up late for the
appointment, but were ushered right into the holding area, which
included a mobile bed and a hospital gown.

We filled in more paperwork (hey, I thought this was all finished!),
and they brought Senyah a complementary breakfast, of which she only
ate a little. The hot food was cold, the cold parts were lukewarm. Oh
well.

I helped Senyah change from street clothes to hospital gown, got her
into the bed, and got her adjusted comfortably in the bed.

The nursing staff were very friendly, and very helpful. Their attitude
was that they care about what they do, and about how the patients
feel.

They took Senyah off, and performed many tests, including a "lumbar
puncture" - basically a spinal tap, so she has to remain pretty much
flat on her back through Friday, to ensure that the puncture heals.

They told her, 'bedrest, and no bending over', so I guess that means
she can't wax the car tomorrow - heavy sigh (evil grin).

For a little while, the headaches backed off, probably die to the
slightly lower spinal fluid pressure, but they did come back at their
usual strength within the hour.

When we got home, I moved a small TV/VCR into the bedroom - it's the
one I bought specifically so I could record Star Trek Enterprise if I
end up working late on Wednesday nights. Then I went through my
collection of phone cords and connected an extra long cord to a spare
phone (we don't normally keep a phone in the bedroom). Called the kids
and let them know how everything went, emailed the folks at work to
arrange a third day off, and got Senyah all settled in to bed.

I went to Long John Silver's, a fast-food, fish and chips place, and
bought her a fish and shrimp meal, which Little Feet kept offering to
help with - he kept getting up on her pillow, and staring at the food,
all the while being slightly in the way (grin).

As she was lying down, she couldn't quite see where she was squeezing
out tartar sauce, so kept missing the sauce when she tried to dip the
fish in. I told her that I believed the fish must be eating the sauce,
and that one fillet definitely looked more plump than when she started
eating (grin).

Dulce and Buster came in, and settled right in on either side of
Senyah's feet. Buster is still there, but Dulce wanted back out.

While Senyah is enjoying being waited on, hand and foot, she doesn't
particularly care that she *has to be* waited on hand and foot.

She is currently lying back, and watching Diagnosis Murder on the TV,
and dipping the edge of a grilled cheese sandwich in mustard (grin).

I am going to be talking to her doctor tomorrow (at least I'm going to
try), to find out what these tests will tell them about fixing the
headaches. I am getting really tired of throwing money at doctors,
with no resolution of the problem...

Anyway, the purrs are appreciated. Senyah says hello, and thank you.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Old November 7th 03, 03:36 PM
lrulan

Mark, please tell Senyah we are still remembering her in our prayers. We
hope this is nothing serious, although a bad headache is a real pain (no pun
intended). Please tell the furbabies to get gentle with their meowmie. I bet
their healing purrs are helping out a lot too.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old November 7th 03, 09:22 PM
polonca12000

So nice to hear the kitties are being great nurses for Senyah. And you
yourself are doing a very good job. Hopefully the doctors will be able to
tell you more soon.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

news snip Dulce and Buster came in, and settled right in on either side of

Old November 8th 03, 01:35 AM
Brenda

[...]

we'll keep purring!
Brenda

Old November 8th 03, 07:53 AM
LOL

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
news

Well, we went in for the tests today, although most of the day was
spent waiting.

(snipped for length)

I am going to be talking to her doctor tomorrow (at least I'm going to
try), to find out what these tests will tell them about fixing the
headaches. I am getting really tired of throwing money at doctors,
with no resolution of the problem...

Anyway, the purrs are appreciated. Senyah says hello, and thank you.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

We are continuing to send purrs for Senyah and you - I hope the
doctors can figure out the problem and get her some relief right away.
------
Krista
Old November 8th 03, 06:26 PM
Adrian

Mark Edwards wrote:
Well, we went in for the tests today, although most of the day was
spent waiting.

We arrived early, as requested. After 'registration' at the Admissions
office (say 'more paperwork, please'), we ended up late for the
appointment, but were ushered right into the holding area, which
included a mobile bed and a hospital gown.

Continuing purrs for Senyah to make a full recovery. Let the car stay dirty
for a while.;-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 9th 03, 12:07 AM
Sam Nash

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
news

Well, we went in for the tests today, although most of the day was
spent waiting.

snipped
Purrs and prayers continuing for Senyah's improvement
Sam