Boyfie tried it

Old October 6th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie tried it

He tried going out just before he thought I went to bed so the door might be
open all night, but I stayed up until he came in again;-)
So he was in and the door was shut, it's too cold to leave it open now.
Meowmie 1, Boyfriend nil.
He accepted it well, and there was no 4 a.m. wake up call to insist on
toileting. He did not really need to wee when he woke me up the other
morning, he was just annoyed that he could not go out.
He is perfectly able to wait to go out, or the other option is to use the
lb.
As winter approaches the door will be shut. This will annoy him.
He's forgotten being lost and a scaredy cat who took 4 months to step one
paw inside my house. That's a great thing.
Now he is brave with me, sits on my knee and tells me what he wants.
Tweed

Old October 7th 10, 11:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

lol, seems you are trainned well enough to stay up until he is ready to stay
in, which since you will soon not have to go to work, isn't all that bad,

Old October 7th 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

and bless his sweet heart, he has you so well trained. Like a child, he
knows what buttons to push. Believe me I know, I have 3 fur friends who
know the same thing.

Old October 8th 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Nope, it was a one off to say "if I want you in overnight, you will be in.."
and so he was, even if later than I wanted.
He sneaked back in about 12.30 a.m, thinking he had got his way for the open
door policy and I'd be in bed.
Too bad that was, I stayed up and his ploy didn't work! Meowmie rules that
if it's too cold to have the door open overnight now that's the winter
policy and we might as well get that straight ;-)
Tweed

Old October 8th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I do like to accommodate his wishes, if possible, but overnight access by
leaving the door open like in summertime is not possible from now on, so
he'll just have to get used to it, like he did last year and the year
before.
He does try to press his point about 24/7 access to the out but no, not in
the winter, he will be inside overnight and pooing in the bath, twice now
because he claims he absolutely must does not go down well with me - as he
is out and about from 7 a.m. until midnight.

If he does not use his new litterbox with earth and leaves in when I keep
him in overnight during the cold weather, we will have serious things to say
to each other.
I will say "use it if you are caught short overnight or you will not have
your duvet and bedroom, you'll be in the conservatory at night" = which has
open door.

Tweed

Old October 8th 10, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Gads, I can only dream of it being that cold at this time of year - we're
still in the mid to upper 80Fs!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 8th 10, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

It just hit me when you mentioned "last year and the year before". I
clearly remember your first posts about KFC gone missing - it just doesn't
seem that long ago to me (time passes *SO* much more quickly as we get
older).

Old October 8th 10, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Gads, I can only dream of it being that cold at this time of year - we're
still in the mid to upper 80Fs!

I would describe the weather here as "nippy" although allegedly it will be
70F tomorrow!
Brits never know what our weather will be like from one day to another which
is why it's a favourite topic for conversation here.
N does not understand it - in Germany it's hot for weeks or cold for weeks,
but she has learned to cope with almost every e-mail from me will mention
the weather enough to enquire "what's the weather like with you?"
It's considered boring to discuss the weather in Germany, apparently.
That's because it's always the same for weeks!
Tweed

Old October 8th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
It just hit me when you mentioned "last year and the year before". I
clearly remember your first posts about KFC gone missing - it just doesn't
seem that long ago to me (time passes *SO* much more quickly as we get
older).

I've come to terms with it as I know there was nothing I could have done to
alter it, having your confused old cat snatched from the street when looking
for me when I was admitted to hospital as an emergency and she was looking
for me, despite never having stepped out of the house for years.
It was a sad thing, but I had no control over it.
I miss that tiny fierce girl. I could have accepted it if I'd had her put
down myself and the time was approaching I knew. But. When I heard she'd
been found, I actually expected to pick her up from the vet who had her. I
was thrilled to come out of hospital and find out where she was eventually.
I was going to drive there to get her. Too late.

Tweed

Old October 8th 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Oh, no, I was talking about when you first came here to the group. You were
trying to get help from the people here in how to go about finding a lost
cat (and then found her). I'm sorry if that brought up hurtful memories.