Pics: Nikki and her whiskers

Old November 8th 03, 06:59 AM
Marina

Default Pics: Nikki and her whiskers

Well, I haven't managed to snap any very good pics of Nikki's impressive
whiskers, but here's one that will give you an idea. They don't look nearly
as long and bushy as they do 'live'.

http://tinyurl.com/u622

And here's just Nikki hanging out on her tree in a very orderly manner.

http://tinyurl.com/u626

--
Marina

Old November 8th 03, 07:36 AM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:
Well, I haven't managed to snap any very good pics of Nikki's impressive
whiskers, but here's one that will give you an idea. They don't look nearly
as long and bushy as they do 'live'.

http://tinyurl.com/u622

She's so cute! I look forward to your pictures like I look forward to
a favorite comic strip. You always come up with something original
and funny.

In this picture, Nikki's paws are so sweet, and she's making a face
like a fishing lure! Cats have such beautiful eyes.

Old November 8th 03, 08:28 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:59:43 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

Well, I haven't managed to snap any very good pics of Nikki's impressive
whiskers, but here's one that will give you an idea. They don't look nearly
as long and bushy as they do 'live'.

http://tinyurl.com/u622

And here's just Nikki hanging out on her tree in a very orderly manner.

http://tinyurl.com/u626

It definitely looks like she's knows all about her meowmie and her
camera. Just ignore meowmie, and eventually she'll stop the clicking
box. I could never take a picture that close without mine looking at
me wondering what I was doing.

Spealing of whiskers, Little Bit is kind of lopsided now. I'm not sure
what happened, but the other day when I was brushing her all the
whiskers on one side were a couple inches shorter than the other.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 8th 03, 09:38 AM
Marina

"Steve Touchstone" wrote

It definitely looks like she's knows all about her meowmie and her
camera. Just ignore meowmie, and eventually she'll stop the clicking
box. I could never take a picture that close without mine looking at
me wondering what I was doing.

LOL! It just hit me why you all think I'm such a great photographer. You
don't get to see the out-takes. For every picture I post, I've deleted ten.
I took this sequence of Nikki's face, most of which were blurry because she
was turning her head this way and that, and some were blurry because she
tried to sniff the camera. This picture was the only one where you could
actually see her face.

Isn't digital technology great! I couldn't do this with a normal camera.

--
Marina

Old November 8th 03, 12:47 PM
Karen

in article , Marina at
wrote on 11/8/03 12:59 AM:

Well, I haven't managed to snap any very good pics of Nikki's impressive
whiskers, but here's one that will give you an idea. They don't look nearly
as long and bushy as they do 'live'.

http://tinyurl.com/u622

It really shows off her BIG eyes!

And here's just Nikki hanging out on her tree in a very orderly manner.

http://tinyurl.com/u626

She is sure a cutey.

--
Marina

Old November 8th 03, 12:47 PM
Marina

"Takayuki" wrote

She's so cute! I look forward to your pictures like I look forward to
a favorite comic strip. You always come up with something original
and funny.

In this picture, Nikki's paws are so sweet, and she's making a face
like a fishing lure! Cats have such beautiful eyes.

ROFL! Fishing lure? Are you referring to her googly eyes?

--
Marina
Old November 8th 03, 04:47 PM
Ted Davis

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 11:38:02 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"Steve Touchstone" wrote

It definitely looks like she's knows all about her meowmie and her
camera. Just ignore meowmie, and eventually she'll stop the clicking
box. I could never take a picture that close without mine looking at
me wondering what I was doing.

LOL! It just hit me why you all think I'm such a great photographer. You
don't get to see the out-takes. For every picture I post, I've deleted ten.
I took this sequence of Nikki's face, most of which were blurry because she
was turning her head this way and that, and some were blurry because she
tried to sniff the camera. This picture was the only one where you could
actually see her face.

Isn't digital technology great! I couldn't do this with a normal camera.

One of eleven - not bad for cat pictures. Sometimes I get better
results: I got an entire web page from two out of five
(http://gearbox.maem.umr.edu/tdavis/cats/031106/three_on_shelf.html).
Sometimes I go through periods when the camera refuses to cooperate
when the cats are, and the cats won't cooperate when the camera is
working right. There is a downside to automatic digital cameras, and
that is that they often refuse to work or chose the wrong combination
of shutter, aperture, and flash. I have one cat that the auto focus
refused to work on - all auto focus pictures of her are out of focus (
I was getting about one usable picture of her for every thirty or
forty attempts). A lot of outdoor cat pictures have to be taken at
dusk, and the camera is likely to choose a slow shutter and fill flash
instead of a faster shutter and full flash - most of those are
blurred. But on the other hand, sometimes the camera will malfunction
and the result is a treasure - the one of Tigger on the shelf at
http://www.maem.umr.edu/tdavis/cats/tigger/ is an example: the flash
failed to go off, and the camera took and available light picture, and
corrected the color (available light there is two screw-in fluorescent
bulbs over the kitchen table and a two tube circular fluorescent
fixture in the center of the kitchen ceiling) ... somehow I managed to
be holding the camera still enough, and Tigger was still enough, but
nothing went as planned.

Still, paying a young fortune for a high-end digital camera (Cannon
EOS D-30), Speedlite, and Tamron zoom lens was money well spent. It
came with an extra battery and a 1 gigabyte Microdrive to replace the
flash card - I don't think I would like the camera so much if I didn't
have that Microdrive. The camera is very battery efficient, so I can
go outside with a fresh battery and take hundreds of pictures without
having to change anything. Even better stuff is available now for
less money, but I am happy with what I have and the 10% or so of the
pictures that are worth sharing.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)
Old November 8th 03, 07:03 PM
polonca12000

I just loved the pics, they are great! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 8th 03, 07:30 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 11:38:02 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"Steve Touchstone" wrote

It definitely looks like she's knows all about her meowmie and her
camera. Just ignore meowmie, and eventually she'll stop the clicking
box. I could never take a picture that close without mine looking at
me wondering what I was doing.

LOL! It just hit me why you all think I'm such a great photographer. You
don't get to see the out-takes. For every picture I post, I've deleted ten.
I took this sequence of Nikki's face, most of which were blurry because she
was turning her head this way and that, and some were blurry because she
tried to sniff the camera. This picture was the only one where you could
actually see her face.

Isn't digital technology great! I couldn't do this with a normal camera.

I didn't think of that, as all I have is the antique 35mm. Put that
way, that's why I used to shoot slides, lots easier to shoot several
slides to get the one good shot.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 8th 03, 07:30 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
Well, I haven't managed to snap any very good pics of Nikki's
impressive whiskers, but here's one that will give you an idea. They
don't look nearly as long and bushy as they do 'live'.

http://tinyurl.com/u622

Awww! She really does have impressive whiskers! Persia's are long like
that but they don't stand out because they are the same grey colour she is.

Jill