Pics: Nikki and her whiskers

Old November 8th 03, 09:30 PM
polonca12000

Tigger looks a lot like Soncek, only bigger. Thanks for the pics and his
story.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
snipBut on the other hand, sometimes the camera will malfunction
and the result is a treasure - the one of Tigger on the shelf at
http://www.maem.umr.edu/tdavis/cats/tigger/ is an example: the flash
failed to go off, and the camera took and available light picture, and
corrected the color (available light there is two screw-in fluorescent
bulbs over the kitchen table and a two tube circular fluorescent
fixture in the center of the kitchen ceiling) ... somehow I managed to
be holding the camera still enough, and Tigger was still enough, but
nothing went as planned.

snip

Old November 9th 03, 01:28 AM
Brenda

"Marina" wrote in message
Well, I haven't managed to snap any very good pics of Nikki's impressive
whiskers, but here's one that will give you an idea. They don't look

nearly
as long and bushy as they do 'live'.

http://tinyurl.com/u622

And here's just Nikki hanging out on her tree in a very orderly manner.

http://tinyurl.com/u626

--
Marina

awwwwwwww - she's such a cutie!
Brenda

Old November 9th 03, 03:19 AM

Marina wrote:

Well, I haven't managed to snap any very good pics of Nikki's
impressive whiskers, but here's one that will give you an idea.

http://tinyurl.com/u622

I hope you don't mind my saying that she looks just a tad demented in
this photo.

Joyce
Old November 9th 03, 05:00 AM
Marina

wrote

I hope you don't mind my saying that she looks just a tad demented in
this photo.

ROFL! She is just trying to ignore the stoopid hoomin with the annoying box.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 9th 03, 01:10 PM
Marina

"Ted Davis" wrote

One of eleven - not bad for cat pictures.

That was not an exact estimate, just a rough one. For these two pictures, I
think I took 8.

Sometimes I get better
results: I got an entire web page from two out of five
(http://gearbox.maem.umr.edu/tdavis/cats/031106/three_on_shelf.html).

Those are lovely pictures. I think Fleagor and Fluffy are thinking, "if I
look like part of the furniture, the smelly drooling things won't notice
me." Snowball would be thinking that, too, only he noticed the camera and
thought it more important to pose for a good picture. ;o)

As for my camera, it's a cheap(ish) HP 320, and I'm a complete amateur at
taking pictures, so if they turn out ok, it's only because I love my subject
so much (as both Hazel and Susan pointed out to me recently in private). I
got a memory card and rechargable batteries for the camera, so that made it
a little more expensive. It's good enough for my purposes; flooding the
world with cat pictures. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki