My new kitten

Old February 24th 05, 08:31 PM
mary powell via CatKB.com

Default My new kitten

I got a new kitten off a friend he is about 2& 1/2 monthes old. He has no
tail and is some kind of mixed breed I have no idea. All I know is his dad
had no tail also. He has a hard time going to the bathroom, he goes in the
litter box squats and trys to go, then he scrapes but he didnt go. So I not
having much money to take him to the vet, thought I would try here first.
Is it because of having no tail and he is still a kitten?????? thank
you gfo

Old February 24th 05, 11:43 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"mary powell via CatKB.com" wrote in message
I got a new kitten off a friend he is about 2& 1/2 monthes old. He has no
tail and is some kind of mixed breed I have no idea. All I know is his dad
had no tail also. He has a hard time going to the bathroom, he goes in the
litter box squats and trys to go, then he scrapes but he didnt go. So I

not
having much money to take him to the vet, thought I would try here first.
Is it because of having no tail and he is still a kitten?????? thank
you gfo

You *need* to take him to the vet.

If he has no tail, he's a Manx. They're known for often having probs
pooping, although IIRC, it tends to be along the lines of a predisposition
to a prolapsed rectum - which may need stitching back into place if it's a
severe & chronic problem.

At any rate, please find a way to get this kitten to the vet. It may have
to do with his genetics, or it may be for some other reason - that he's
constipated.

Cathy