"We love you, Meowmy!"

Old June 1st 04, 04:25 AM
RoseTower

Default "We love you, Meowmy!"

Sigh! Just like at my house. Ain't it grand?

Eve

CATherine wrote:

Sometimes I think my cats love me too much. And they are all jealous
to a degree. Take last night, for example...

I go to bed and roll over with a grateful, relaxing sigh. Then Sheba
climbs up on the bed from behind me and walks across my hair and top
of my head, using her claws for purchase on the curved places. She
settles her 12+ pounds down on top on my left hand and starts licking
my right hand.

Then Djoser comes over the foot of the bed and decides Sheba is too
close to the spot where he wants to lie next to my tummy. So, he slaps
her. Sheba slaps back. And growls. They slap again with claws slightly
extended. They miss each other and connect with my poor hand that is
in the way!

I am no longer relaxed as I break it up and try to soothe ruffled
egos. My left hand struggles out from under Sheba and starts rubbing
her face. She can't resist and settles into my hand with bliss. At the
same time my right hand pulls Djoser next to my belly and starts
petting. I draw my hand over his face and down his body. He grabs my
hand and puts it back on his face. "Nevermind my body! Just rub my
face!"

Finally, we all relax into a doze. Then Amber leaps off the top of the
cat tree with a thump, shaking the whole bed. He trots along the
length of my body with his feet like pistons. When he reaches my
shoulder he starts kneading vigorously, his claws really digging into
the blanket. I feel like I am getting a Swedish massage. "I love you,
too, Amber! thanks!" ;-/ Then he bounces back to the perch with a
mighty leap, rocking the bed. i think I am getting seasick!

All is peaceful and I am dozing, heading down the sleep tunnel. Then
Robin jumps up on the bed at my back. He walks across my face. But his
back end stops walking before the front end. Result: he is sprawled
with his front end across my arm and his back end covering my face,
utterly relaxed. "MMPHT!!" Gasping cat hairs I manage to pull my head
out from under him. Now his butt is next to my nose.

I decide it is time for a visit to the bathroom. When I come back,
no-one has moved. I get back into bed with my back to the loving mass
of felines. Of course this position leaves me with a very narrow
portion of bed. I lift the covers and push myself farther under the
furry top covering until i have enough room. They move only enough to
mold themselves to my body. I dream I am a cat at the bottom of a pile
of cats snuggled tightly together.

--
CATherine

Old June 1st 04, 05:53 AM
Marina

"CATherine" wrote
Sometimes I think my cats love me too much. And they are all jealous
to a degree. Take last night, for example...

So sweet.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old June 1st 04, 10:19 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

But his
back end stops walking before the front end. Result: he is sprawled
with his front end across my arm and his back end covering my face,
utterly relaxed. "MMPHT!!" Gasping cat hairs I manage to pull my head
out from under him. Now his butt is next to my nose.

Think yourself honoured, cats don't shove their butts into just anyone's face
you know ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old June 1st 04, 03:45 PM
Duke of URL

"CATherine" wrote in message

Sometimes I think my cats love me too much. And they are all jealous
to a degree. Take last night, for example...

Sounds much like what my two do to me!
BTW, CATherine, you may like to know that I copy some of your tail-tales
(like this one) and disseminate them world-wide in my almost-daily
newsletter. People like them. I give you credit, but of course leave your
eddress out.
--
The One-and-only Holy MosesT

Ladies Love Outlaws (The Saga of Sheba and Maximilian) GraceCat Cat anecdotes 11 March 2nd 04 06:04 PM
Cat Love Bites jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 November 16th 03 11:15 AM
Love Calls in the Driveway Bev Cat anecdotes 11 October 17th 03 01:36 AM