6 months with Lily-Whiskers (long)

Old April 14th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default 6 months with Lily-Whiskers (long)

Looking at my beautiful 6 month old tabby and white girl wrestling &
playing with HRFL Tiger while I type this, it seems hard to believe that
she was such a pathetic little scrap who I thought would be making a
rapid journey to Rainbow Bridge when she arrived in my household. I've
copied my posts of the first few days last October.

Lily has blossomed in a beautiful, precocious, confident, funny, quirky,
cheeky little cat who's curiosity will lead to the loss of several of
her 9 lives I don't doubt.

I seems so hard to imagine life before Lily, she's so integrated into
our lives. I see so much of Sir William in her personality, it's not
funny. To the point that she does things that are so similar, that
sometimes I think it's actually him in reincarnation.

Posts below...

28th October 2005..
Folks,

We need some major purrs here. I have on the way to me a CP emergency.
The information I have so far, is that a Cats protection person
discovered a badly beaten tabby bittie in a rubbish skip this afternoon.
He/she has been so badly beaten that as soon as the swelling has gone
down, it will need an operation to remove its eye.
( Apparently he/she also has a raging infection and is on antibiotics.
Please purr and pray as hard as you can for this little one. Updates as
I get them once the kitten arrives in chez Miles.

Later that day....

Well, Bittie is at Chez Miles. From the sounds of it, she's (I'll call
her a she, because that is what everyone thinks she is) had quite the
adventure. (

She was found in a rubbish skip this morning, and had a badly
burst/ulcerated eye and a lot of blood all over her. She was immediately
taken to the vet, who has discharged her this afternoon to regroup for
eye surgery on Monday or Tuesday. (Her left eye will be removed).
Because the vet called the RSPCA because of the cruelty aspect, they
became involved and came and collected the kitten from the vet. Cats
Protection threw (quite understandably) a complete sh1t fit, and rang
the RSPCA and demanded the kitten back. The RSPCA agreed because the
paperwork said it belonged to CP and so the swap was done in a B&Q (Home
Depot) carpark. Don't ask. She then found her way to me.

A very dirty, scruffy, long haired tabby and white baby, who purrs as
soon as you touch her. That's the bit that upset me the most. She
presses into your hand as soon as you start scritching and asks for more
and purrs hard. She also has very fine pair of lungs and a squeaky
hoarse meow.

I've nicknamed her Miss Whiskers, because she does have a very
impressive set of whiskers. )

She goes in for an op to remove the eye on Monday or Tuesday. In the
meantime, she's on antibiotics and lots of TLC.
Just got back from the ER.

29th October 2005....
It seems that Miss Whiskers has an systemic infection from her ordeal.
Quite apart from the damaged eye, something that I didn't mention on
Friday was that when found, she also had quite badly burned paws which
were all puffy, swolen, sore and red, a nasty gash at the base of her
tail, and the very tip of her tail was cut off and bleeding - probably
caused by something sharp.

She had a dose of the runs over the vet table, however her chest sounds
clear, she doesn't have a high temperature, and apart from problems
breathing, she is OK. Vet thinks that she is just sore and in pain and
now the pain killers have worn off from surgery, she's feeling it which
is causing the other symptoms.

She sees the vet again at 9.10am tomorrow morning. I may just be being
over-anxious, but to be honest, she's been through so much I'd far
rather over react than screw up.

Please keep sending purrs that it's nothing too serious. She's really
captured hearts in the Miles house.

----

Oh she's captured our hearts alright. ;o)

Helen m

Old April 14th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-13 18:05:10 -0500, "Helen Miles" said:

[...]

She is a real testament to TLC.

Old April 14th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
Oh she's captured our hearts alright. ;o)

And ours too!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 14th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu 13 Apr 2006 07:05:10p, Helen Miles wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news:2022851543e53d527656c47f483dd5ed.76411@mygat e.mailgate.org):

Looking at my beautiful 6 month old tabby and white girl
wrestling & playing with HRFL Tiger while I type this, it seems
hard to believe that she was such a pathetic little scrap who I
thought would be making a rapid journey to Rainbow Bridge when
she arrived in my household.

snip

You have a wonderful bond with her, even though it was due to the
abuse of awful people in her early days. Miss Lily Whiskers is lucky
to have come your way. She's growing up to be a pretty missy.

--
Cheryl
Old April 14th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:2022851543e53d527656c47f483dd5ed.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

I seems so hard to imagine life before Lily, she's so integrated into
our lives. I see so much of Sir William in her personality, it's not
funny. To the point that she does things that are so similar, that
sometimes I think it's actually him in reincarnation.

Posts below...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Reading your old posts brought the
whole saga back and really put her recovery into perspective. It's just so
wonderful to read about her now.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old April 14th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

I can't believe it has been six months. Wow. Reading those posts still makes
me really sad and angry thinking about those sick people who could hurt her.
I'm so happy she found you!

Kathryn

Old April 14th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:2022851543e53d527656c47f483dd5ed.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Looking at my beautiful 6 month old tabby and white girl wrestling &
playing with HRFL Tiger while I type this, it seems hard to believe that
she was such a pathetic little scrap who I thought would be making a
rapid journey to Rainbow Bridge when she arrived in my household. I've
copied my posts of the first few days last October.

Congratulations to all of you.

Jeanette

Old April 14th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
Looking at my beautiful 6 month old tabby and white girl wrestling &
playing with HRFL Tiger while I type this, it seems hard to believe
that she was such a pathetic little scrap who I thought would be
making a rapid journey to Rainbow Bridge when she arrived in my
household. I've copied my posts of the first few days last October.

Doesn't time fly? Bast was certainly smiling down on Lily when she found
you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 14th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-13, Helen Miles penned:
Looking at my beautiful 6 month old tabby and white girl wrestling &
playing with HRFL Tiger while I type this, it seems hard to believe
that she was such a pathetic little scrap who I thought would be
making a rapid journey to Rainbow Bridge when she arrived in my
household. I've copied my posts of the first few days last October.

I'd forgotten what a rough start she had. Thank you so much for
nurturing her.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully