6 months with Lily-Whiskers (long)

Old April 16th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default 6 months with Lily-Whiskers (long)

Thanks for reposting these, Helen. Lily's is one of those stories that just
grab your heart. It takes a special person to do what you did for her.

Sandy

Old April 21st 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:

Looking at my beautiful 6 month old tabby and white girl wrestling &
playing with HRFL Tiger while I type this, it seems hard to believe that
she was such a pathetic little scrap who I thought would be making a
rapid journey to Rainbow Bridge when she arrived in my household. I've
copied my posts of the first few days last October.

Lily has blossomed in a beautiful, precocious, confident, funny, quirky,
cheeky little cat who's curiosity will lead to the loss of several of
her 9 lives I don't doubt.

I seems so hard to imagine life before Lily, she's so integrated into
our lives. I see so much of Sir William in her personality, it's not
funny. To the point that she does things that are so similar, that
sometimes I think it's actually him in reincarnation.

Posts below...

28th October 2005..
Folks,

We need some major purrs here. I have on the way to me a CP emergency.
The information I have so far, is that a Cats protection person
discovered a badly beaten tabby bittie in a rubbish skip this afternoon.
He/she has been so badly beaten that as soon as the swelling has gone
down, it will need an operation to remove its eye.
( Apparently he/she also has a raging infection and is on antibiotics.
Please purr and pray as hard as you can for this little one. Updates as
I get them once the kitten arrives in chez Miles.

Later that day....

Well, Bittie is at Chez Miles. From the sounds of it, she's (I'll call
her a she, because that is what everyone thinks she is) had quite the
adventure. (

She was found in a rubbish skip this morning, and had a badly
burst/ulcerated eye and a lot of blood all over her. She was immediately
taken to the vet, who has discharged her this afternoon to regroup for
eye surgery on Monday or Tuesday. (Her left eye will be removed).

snip
Please keep sending purrs that it's nothing too serious. She's really
captured hearts in the Miles house.

----

Oh she's captured our hearts alright. ;o)

Helen m

You couldn't have been a better meowmie to Lily, Helen, and she is where
she is now because of you. She had such a horrible start of her life and
now she is living with the best family possible. Thank you so much for
all that you did, Helen!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek