What kind of idiot responds to a message...

Old October 17th 04, 07:07 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Electric Nachos wrote:
It's apparent you gotta wonder about anything at all if you think this is a
"kind" newsgroup!

And it's even MORE apparent that you've not read many of the
posts here! (PLONK, encore!)

Old October 17th 04, 10:35 AM
Adrian

Electric Nachos wrote:
It's apparent you gotta wonder about anything at all if you think
this is a "kind" newsgroup!

You obviously haven't looked to see this thread has been crossposted.
PLONK

Old October 17th 04, 06:35 PM
Bobcat

I think a lot of us use Hotmail for the same reason as you do, S.M.
Serba - to foil Spam. I mung up my real Hotmail addy with "UNSPAM",
and use an ISP mailbox for my non-newsgroup business & private
correspondence, which only gets occasional spam. "Tweed", that's why
you can't really judge anyone who uses Hotmail for doing so.

"S.M. Serba" wrote in message
I post using Hotmail because they filter my mail before I download

it. My
Outlook gets stuffed with spam and I have to filter it after the

fact.
Wastes a lot of my time. And I otherwise use my non-hotmail account

for my
business. Pointless, since that is now where I am getting all my

spam....
I advise anyone to have an address provided by a free service, like

Yahoo
mail or Hotmail, just for NG posting. And to post their addy in

their
sigline eg. smserba at hotmail dot com. The spiders and email

harvesters
cannot identify that as an address. But they can pick up the

addresses in
quoted replies.

"Christina Websell" wrote in

message

I'm not quite sure why I'm suspicious of hotmail posts, but I

am...
Tweed

Old October 18th 04, 01:00 PM
Bobcat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Sat 16 Oct 2004 09:29:36a, Adrian wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Bobcat wrote:

This troll (whose expletives I've trimmed) gets his jollies by
annoying people who read cat newsgroups. Yesterday in effect,
he told the rec.pets.cats.misc crowd they shouldn't neuter or
spay their animals, sanctimoniously calling them "animal
mutilators". I suggest a cumulative plonk of this person, as
I'm about to do. The address is There's
no one sadder than a troll who can't catch anyone because no
one's reading his/her bilge!

I must have plonked him before as I never saw the original post.

No, these posts (multiple threads; if you don't read other cat
groups you'd have never seen them) were *never* xposted into RPCA.
The first one was xposted by Bobcat, and the OP just followed up to
his/hers which is why you are even bothered by them. The real
question is, why did Bobcat xpost the thread (ok, new subject line,
but still xposted) into RPCA? Maybe he needed a recipe?
Cheryl

I've heard privately from someone else in this newsgroup
(rec.pets.cats.anecdotes) and have apologized to them for
crossposting. Further, I think a group apology is required, so this is
it. Sorry. My only reason is that I have an aversion to persons -
especially trolls - who attempt to disconcert readers of cat
newsgroups for their own warped pleasure, and was expressing my
aversion of them to those readers.
Bobcat