Cat moves water dish

Old November 16th 04, 07:28 PM
Jenni

Default Cat moves water dish

Hi, my cat is 3 years old and she has discovered the jpy of dragging
her *full* water dish around the kitchen until it spills EVERYWHERE.
I am sick of cleaning up the puddles everyday - and also fear that she
may not be getting enough water, as she seems to spill it right after
I fill it. Any suggestions on a new type of water dish I could buy
that she isn't able to drag and tip over??
Old November 16th 04, 07:59 PM
Marievulsion

I am sick of cleaning up the puddles everyday - and also fear that she
may not be getting enough water, as she seems to spill it right after
I fill it.

I have 'splashers' too, so here's my contribution: To solve the wet floor
problem I bought two big, pretty china urns (watertight, of course). They
probably hold 2 liters and must be washed/refilled as often as smaller dishes.
To solve the wastage issue, I water the plants with what the cats haven't
finished. HTH
Old November 16th 04, 09:00 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Jenni wrote:

Hi, my cat is 3 years old and she has discovered the jpy of dragging
her *full* water dish around the kitchen until it spills EVERYWHERE.
I am sick of cleaning up the puddles everyday - and also fear that she
may not be getting enough water, as she seems to spill it right after
I fill it. Any suggestions on a new type of water dish I could buy
that she isn't able to drag and tip over??

How about putting her water dish inside a bigger dish?

Priscilla
Old November 16th 04, 09:19 PM
Sharon Talbert

I had this problem and solved it by putting the dish in a new litterpan.
The cat can slosh all she wants with little chance of getting the floor
wet.

A good heavy "rabbit dish" would also help.

You might give your cat more to do; she sounds like a smart cat. If
nothing else, you could keep her water dish in the bathtub or shower and
let her go to it.

Sharon Talbert
Campus Cats

Old November 16th 04, 09:35 PM
ceb

Sharon Talbert wrote in
.washington.edu:

You might give your cat more to do; she sounds like a smart cat. If
nothing else, you could keep her water dish in the bathtub or shower and
let her go to it.

I'm in favor of this -- it's fun for her, and it's funny -- I say celebrate
it rather than try to quash it! I'm sure cleaning up water can be a bit
tiresome, but a cat pushing her water dish around -- that's comedy!

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead
Old November 16th 04, 10:52 PM
mpwilliams

"Jenni" wrote in message
m...
Hi, my cat is 3 years old and she has discovered the jpy of dragging
her *full* water dish around the kitchen until it spills EVERYWHERE.
I am sick of cleaning up the puddles everyday - and also fear that she
may not be getting enough water, as she seems to spill it right after
I fill it. Any suggestions on a new type of water dish I could buy
that she isn't able to drag and tip over??

Chain the dish to a cinder block ... or maybe just put some of the little
plastic self-adhesive anti-skid buttons on the bottom.

Old November 16th 04, 11:58 PM
Mary

"mpwilliams" wrote
Chain the dish to a cinder block ...