Outwitted by Cinders

Old June 29th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Outwitted by Cinders

Cinders was supposed to go to the vet this morning for her annual rabies
shot and physical examination. I set the cat carrier out on top of the
chest freezer last night, with the door standing open. This has
generally worked, in the past, as Cinders usually is skittish when I
first get the carrier out, then is taking it for granted by the next day.

This time, she either had a better memory, or else something in my body
language tipped her off. Cinders was her usual friendly self up until a
few minutes before time to leave for the vet's office. At that point,
she suddenly decided to disappear, and didn't come back out of hiding
until several hours after the vet's office closed for the day. I had to
call the vet's office, apologize, and say that I would bring her in one
day next week.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old June 29th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

John F. Eldredge wrote:

Cinders was supposed to go to the vet this morning for her annual rabies
shot and physical examination. I set the cat carrier out on top of the
chest freezer last night, with the door standing open. This has
generally worked, in the past, as Cinders usually is skittish when I
first get the carrier out, then is taking it for granted by the next day.

This time, she either had a better memory, or else something in my body
language tipped her off. Cinders was her usual friendly self up until a
few minutes before time to leave for the vet's office. At that point,
she suddenly decided to disappear, and didn't come back out of hiding
until several hours after the vet's office closed for the day. I had to
call the vet's office, apologize, and say that I would bring her in one
day next week.

I'm sure it wasn't the first time they'd heard that one!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^