Cat in a bag

Old September 3rd 03, 07:40 PM
Tanada

Marina wrote:

Nikki is in great demand in the field of teaching; she is giving a
correspondence course to Xena and Callisto in hunting (haven't heard of
their progress for quite a while, I hope Nikki hasn't been slacking off),
and now a seminar for Mikey. Any other participants in the How To Be A Nice
Kitty While Remaining A Fierce Hunter seminar?

--
Marina, administrator for Professor Nikki

Wait a minute!! You mean that isn't Nikki giving us all underwater
hunting lessons? If not, we all want our money back.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. and his scurvy crew
Old September 5th 03, 09:47 PM
Tanada

Marina wrote:

"Tanada" wrote

Wait a minute!! You mean that isn't Nikki giving us all underwater
hunting lessons? If not, we all want our money back.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. and his scurvy crew

No, no, that must be Nikki. I'm just preparing her schedule for next
semester.

--
Marina, who has been translating the teaching programme at work this last
week.

Ok, then, we won't take away her mousie ration then.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. relieved because he's been taking lessons from her
too.
Old September 5th 03, 11:14 PM
Tabitha kitten

Well, the prey is underwater, we are not. Our paws get wet catching the
goodies, but we ourselves stay relatively dry. Nikki is the water vole
hunting champion of Finlan and is teaching us her hunting techniques.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Oh! I thought we were going to have to wear scuba tanks or hold our
breath or something. That sounds lots better - I don't mind getting my
paws wet, as long as it's for a good cause.

I've never seen a vole - is that anything like a gophermouse? My sisfur
Amelia tells us *all the time* about the day she chased a gophermouse
into the house. I'd love to be able to catch one myself, and show her
I'm as good a huntress as her.

Tabitha Kitten

Old September 6th 03, 01:46 AM
Tanada

Tabitha kitten wrote:

Oh! I thought we were going to have to wear scuba tanks or hold our
breath or something. That sounds lots better - I don't mind getting my
paws wet, as long as it's for a good cause.

I've never seen a vole - is that anything like a gophermouse? My sisfur
Amelia tells us *all the time* about the day she chased a gophermouse
into the house. I'd love to be able to catch one myself, and show her
I'm as good a huntress as her.

Tabitha Kitten

I like the idea of scuba tanks, the fat wench showed me a picture of a
cat wearing them and a scuba suit, but I think surface hunting is
better. My understanding is that a water vole is a lot like a
gophermouse, but wetter.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.
Old September 6th 03, 06:10 AM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote

I like the idea of scuba tanks, the fat wench showed me a picture of a
cat wearing them and a scuba suit, but I think surface hunting is
better. My understanding is that a water vole is a lot like a
gophermouse, but wetter.

Frank and Nikki brought a water vole for a snack on their journey. There's a
picture in the Pirate folder in Catslaves. This hoomin put a matchbox beside
it to show size.

As for the getting wet. Hmm, Nikki usually managed to get completely wet,
from ears to tail, when she had been hunting water vole. I'm wondering now
if it really is Nikki you have there? Has she actually caught anything? If
not, it's not Nikki.

--
Marina

Old September 6th 03, 08:05 PM
Tanada

Marina wrote:

Frank and Nikki brought a water vole for a snack on their journey. There's a
picture in the Pirate folder in Catslaves. This hoomin put a matchbox beside
it to show size.

As for the getting wet. Hmm, Nikki usually managed to get completely wet,
from ears to tail, when she had been hunting water vole. I'm wondering now
if it really is Nikki you have there? Has she actually caught anything? If
not, it's not Nikki.

The water vole didn't last long enough for us all to get a look at it.
So many of us wanted to look at it that Nikki had to eat it in order to
have some of it for a snack. It looked and smelled very yummy.

We haven't got to the practical application part of hunting, yet. We're
still practicing pouncing and seeing through distortions when looking
into water. I've already passed that part, but some of our crew are
really slow when it comes to this. I'm a little concerned about the
possibility of meeting another pirate ship.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.