Exploring Hawai'l

Old October 12th 15, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

Default Exploring Hawai'l

Here is da report that I promised mine lazy hoomin would post fur me.
I'm sorry it took so long; I'z been hafing terrible prolems keeping mine
Seketaries on-task.

Somewhere to the west of Chicago, in a deep wooded grove shrouded by
trees and heavy overgrowth, a pair of engines start. The noises of the
engine rise in volume, and a small aircraft is seen rising above the
grove. The aircraft is a tilt-rotor aircraft, operating similar to the
Osprey, but this craft is scaled down to fit feline pilots and crew.

The plane skims low over the ground until well clear of it’s airbase
before it rises high enough to show on the radar screens of Chicago
Approach Control. Hearing air traffic controllers calling, the pilot
ignores them and sets course to the west. The air traffic controllers
become more and more demanding, finally threatening to call in military
fighter aircraft if the aircraft remains unidentified. The pilot calmly
starts fiddling with some digital controls on the instrument panel, and
a few hundreds yards in front of the aircraft a large faint circle
appears, shimmering with random discharges of electricity. Spotting a
couple of F-18 fighters approaching rapidly, the pilot heads straight
for the circle. As the craft reaches the circle, both the aircraft and
the circle disappear. Two very confused fighter pilots recheck their
radars, trying to figure out how their bogey was able to simply disappear.

Milliseconds later, a similar faint energetic circle appears over the
islands of Hawaii. Dropping quickly to just above the sea, the aircraft
heads for the island of Kaua’i and skirts the island the pilot spots
high cliffs with an isolated plateau beside it. Comparing the plateau
with an ancient parchment drawing in her paws, the pilot nods her head
and carefully guides the tilt-rotor on to the plateau. She sees sheer
vertical cliffs on three sides of the plateau, with the fourth side
offering a vertical drop of hundreds of feet to the ocean rocks below.
All of the cliff faces are covered in thick green growth, and the
plateau itself is an ocean of green. Immediately adjacent to the small
plateau us a very large forested area that slopes gently down to the
sea. No development has been done in this forested area, as it is part
of a state forest preserver. Transitioning the wing to vertical flight
mode, the pilot lands carefully in a clearing on the plateau.

Consulting the ancient parchment and looking at her compass, the pilot
starts hiking toward the inland cliffs. Upon reaching the foot of the
cliffs she searches carefully behind boulders and green growth, until
she finally spots what she was looking for - the entrance to a large
cave. The way the cave mouth is oriented guarantees that it will never
be spotted from the air, from the sea, or from the tops of the
surrounding cliffs. The pilot enters the cave and sees that the cave
itself splits into three branches, a small one heading to the right, an
even smaller one straight ahead, and the largest off to the left.
Switching on her flashlight she sees a great many paw prints in the dust
on the cave floor, indicating a lot of recent paw traffic. She then
shines an ultraviolet flashlight on the cave walls and in unsurprised
when she finds directional signs written in Kitlish near the cave junction.

She jots down a few notes in her notebook, then puts her flashlights
back in her backpack and returns toward her aircraft. When she gets
close, though, she hears many voices meowing from the vicinity of her
plane. She sneaks into a patch of heavy vegetations and watches
carefully to see what is going on. After a few minutes of watching the
cats around her aircraft simply admiring it, she nearly jumps out of her
skin when a feline voice speaks from immediately beside her.

“Hello, Harri, it’s been a while. Enjoying our little bit of heaven?”

“Jeez, Morgana, I wish you wouldn’t do that! You nearly gave me a heart
attack! How do you move that quietly?”

Another voice speaks from her other side.

“We don’t know any other way.”

“Jeez, Aed, you too? You need fail to startle me when you do that.”

“Sorry”, Aed snickers. “Were you planning on joining us for a little
vacation?”

Harri: “No I was researching an ancient parchment I could in the library
of the High Priestess of Bast. I thought it looked kind of like it might
have been leading to a Second World access site, and I guess I was right!”

Aed: “Indeed. While we do live underground most of the time, we come up
here periodically for sunshine and fresh air. This plateau has been
undisturbed by hoomins for hundreds of years, thanks to the hard work
of our ancestors. So , now that you’ve located us, what’s up? Anything new?”

Harry: “Well, actually I was scouting for a good place for this year’s
Jellicle Ball. That lovely forest area to the east looks just about
perfect. What do you guys think? Would anyone mind if we gathered there?”

Morgana: “Oh my, not at all! We love to get visitors, and it would be
good for more kitties to learn about our little isolated niche. Visitors
can teleport directly into our little isolated plateau without any fear
of being seen by snoopy homing, and can access the park and the beach
easily through our tunnel system. There is a lovely beach down there,
and the local mongooses, goats, and wild pigs all keep watch for us, and
us for them.

There is a lovely natural rock platform that would serve quite nicely as
a stage for the MC, and the grass is nice and soft. If you want
electricity we can supply that from our cave system, since there’s no
hoomin-installed electricity anywhere nearby. We have guest quarters in
the caves, and some kitty-sized huts set up for visitors who want to
stay for a while. So yes, you would all be quite welcome to hold the
Jellicle Ball here.”

Harri: Fangu, Morgana and Aed! Dat sounds good to me. I can’t speak fur
da Community, but I’ll report all dis to the Grand Poobah an da
Community, an dey will decide. You guys will be coming too, won’t you?”

Aed: “We wouldn’t miss it! He Ball is the only chance we get some years
to visit with some of our dear friends.”

Old October 15th 15, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Harri, Harri, shud yoo be flyin on yur own?!?!? Yoo needz to be takin kare uv yurownself! Haz da CAA (Catmerica Aviation Administration) kleered yurownself to kontinyoo flyin? At leest sit down a hab sumfing to eet befur yoo leevz. We kan git da caterin kittiez to bring us sumfing.

Sundance, catcerned onnerary brofur
Old October 15th 15, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On 10/14/15 11:42 PM, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
Harri, Harri, shud yoo be flyin on yur own?!?!? Yoo needz to be takin kare uv yurownself! Haz da CAA (Catmerica Aviation Administration) kleered yurownself to kontinyoo flyin? At leest sit down a hab sumfing to eet befur yoo leevz. We kan git da caterin kittiez to bring us sumfing.

Sundance, catcerned onnerary brofur

Fangu, Sundance, somefing to eat would be nice. Dat's one of da good
fings about being sickly - mine Paw is feeding me lots an lots of good
stuff besides our usual gooshy food and Temptations, to try to put some
weight back on me.

I'm ok to fly. Even if somefing happened to me, da autopilot knows how
to get me home and land safely. Fangu fur your concern.

Harri the very skinny Roadcat

Old October 16th 15, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Well, datz a releef dat the autopilot could git yoo home.

Letz sit an injoy sum fresh mahi mahi, shall we? Maybe wif sum tropickle frootz?

Sundance
Old October 16th 15, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia and P2nya

"Sundance and/or Rebecca" wrote in message
Well, datz a releef dat the autopilot could git yoo home.

Letz sit an injoy sum fresh mahi mahi, shall we? Maybe wif sum tropickle
frootz?

Sundance

I wyll join yu if da inbitashun enkloodz a PinyaKoolada.

Pit2nya, AKA Sweetee

Old October 16th 15, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

It inkloodz it if yoo wantz wun, Sweetee!

Toonya, yoo knowz da story uv how Harri an me becomed onnerary brofur an sisfur, duznt yoo?

Sundance
Old October 17th 15, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia and P2nya

"Sundance and/or Rebecca" wrote in message
It inkloodz it if yoo wantz wun, Sweetee!

Toonya, yoo knowz da story uv how Harri an me becomed onnerary brofur an
sisfur, duznt yoo?

Sundance

I dunt think I du, but I yam glad yu are.

P2nya

Old October 17th 15, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Well den I will tell yoo. Harri kan say if I duznt tell it rite.

When Rebecca an me wuz purrty noo in da komoonitee, Anti Soft an Unka Furry finded a liddle orinj tabby kittin. Dey didn't know whut to kall dis kittin at first, but finullee da kittin telled dem dat itz name wuz Harri. Only at dat time, Anti Soft fingked Harri wuz a boykittee, so she thingked da kittin sed "Harry".

Anti Soft lukked fur a home fur "Harry". Unka Dan wantid to take "him", but it taked a wile befur he kud drive hizown truk to meet dem. Durin dat time, when "Harry" wuz at a TED, da TED sed dat "Harry" wuz reely a girlkittee. Dey decided dat "Harri" wuz short fur "Harriet".

Of korse, Harri knowed all along dat she wuz a girlkittee. Now dat da hoominz knowed it, too, she wuz wurried dat Unka Dan mite not want herownself, if he reely wantid a boykitty. She wuz sad fingkin dat. At da time I wuz kind of sad, too, kuz myown sisfur Cassidy had went to da Brij when we wuz liddle kittinz. Since Cassidy wuz also a orinj tabby girl, Harri reminded myownself of her, so I asked Harri if I kud be herown onnerary brofur, an she sed she wud like dat. So datz how we bekamed onnerary siblingz.

Of korse, Unka Dan did still want herself, an kame to git her in hiz big truk. After dat, she travulled wif hizsef an bekamed Harri Roadkitten, an den Harri Roadcat. She had mennee venchurz (espeshully wif Sammy da Venchur Kitten, now knowed az Sammy Redcat), an I wuz onnered dat she allowed me to be one of da kitteez (the uther wuz Sammy) hoo givved herownself away when she got winked to OT.

Sundance
Old October 17th 15, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 12:43:52 AM UTC-4, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[...]

Wut a inspiring story.

--
Squeakytoy