Outdoor enclosure

Old April 17th 04, 07:26 PM
Cheryl

Default Outdoor enclosure

I cleaned up the enclosure under the deck and made sure all ground stakes,
staples and cable ties are secure enough after months of having removed the
pet door (too drafty in the winter). Added a few more stakes to hold the
mesh down into the ground at tighter intervals to make it more "Bonnie
proof" and put the pet door back on. Shamrock and Shadow were happy, went
right out not even forgetting how to open the door. But Bonnie was too
scared so she spent time half in-half out and then stepped out. Oops, too
scary, came back in. I propped the door open so she could get back in
quickly while she gets used to it. One wierd thing, though, she seemed to
forget who Shadow is. She's always been kind of aggressive toward him which
is why I separate them while I'm at work. But she wouldn't let him in the
door, and when he finally snuck in she chased him, and her fur was fluffed
up. That isn't usual. I know it will take her some time to get used to the
outdoors and it was good to see that her first instinct when she got
spooked was to run back in the house. She's all the way out right now and
looking back at the door with every noise she hears. Good for them to have
some fresh air on this beautiful spring (almost summer-like!) day.

--
Cheryl
/smiling at Bonnie coming back in again. Thank goodness for pet doors! Uh,
Old April 17th 04, 08:30 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Cheryl at
wrote on 4/17/04 1:26 PM:

[...]

Mine are like that though. Any little new thing and suddenly all the cats
are like "who the hell are you? I must sniff your butt." to each other. Go
figure.

Karen

Old April 18th 04, 05:21 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I cleaned up the enclosure under the deck and made sure all ground stakes,
staples and cable ties are secure enough after months of having removed

the
pet door (too drafty in the winter). Added a few more stakes to hold the
mesh down into the ground at tighter intervals to make it more "Bonnie
proof" and put the pet door back on. Shamrock and Shadow were happy, went
right out not even forgetting how to open the door.

I'm going to make a nice cat enclosure when I get back home. Actually, I
think I'll just buy one from Lee Valley. It's really a dog enclosure, but
I'll get some netting to put over the top so Kitty won't be able to climb
out.

But Bonnie was too
scared so she spent time half in-half out and then stepped out. Oops, too
scary, came back in. I propped the door open so she could get back in
quickly while she gets used to it. One wierd thing, though, she seemed to
forget who Shadow is. She's always been kind of aggressive toward him

which
is why I separate them while I'm at work. But she wouldn't let him in the
door, and when he finally snuck in she chased him, and her fur was fluffed
up. That isn't usual.

You tell that Bonnie that if she keeps picking on Shadow I'm going to go
over there and give her a good talking to! Humph! :-| (my angry face)

Despite the picking on Shadow thing, it's good to know she's still doing
well :-). She'll be going in and out in no time. You've done such a great
job with her! Now if only she'd stop picking on Shadow!

rona
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
**** upon your computer."

Old April 18th 04, 06:40 AM

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote:

I'm going to make a nice cat enclosure when I get back home. Actually, I
think I'll just buy one from Lee Valley. It's really a dog enclosure, but
I'll get some netting to put over the top so Kitty won't be able to climb
out.

Is this in any of their current catalogs? I have the 03/04 Hardware
Catalog and didn't see it there.

-mhd

Old April 18th 04, 08:44 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

wrote in message

Is this in any of their current catalogs? I have the 03/04 Hardware
Catalog and didn't see it there.

-mhd

I think it was in the gardening catalogue, although I don't remember if it
was in the most recent one. There's a golden retriever in the enclosure.
It was reasonably priced--about $150 Canadian. Kind of ugly (made of metal
fenching stuff), but I'd be able to move it from the back to the front yard,
depending on what I'm doing (Kitty prefers the front yard, but if I'm in my
back yard then she should be there, too :-)).

rona

Old April 18th 04, 06:32 PM

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote:

Is this in any of their current catalogs? I have the 03/04 Hardware
Catalog and didn't see it there.

-mhd

I think it was in the gardening catalogue, although I don't remember if it
was in the most recent one. There's a golden retriever in the enclosure.
It was reasonably priced--about $150 Canadian. Kind of ugly (made of metal
fenching stuff), but I'd be able to move it from the back to the front yard,
depending on what I'm doing (Kitty prefers the front yard, but if I'm in my
back yard then she should be there, too :-)).

Thanks, I'll order that catalog from their web site.
www.leevalley.com

-mhd