Cat in a bag

Old September 2nd 03, 04:01 AM
Christine Burel

"Marina" wrote in message
Nikki loves paper bags. (She likes plastic, too, but I don't leave those
lying around for her.)

http://tinyurl.com/ltp9

--
Marina

Darling, Marina -- she looks quite the fierce little master here!
Christine

Old September 2nd 03, 05:07 AM
bewtifulfreak

Tanada wrote:

That's a great picture, Marina. Last year, someone sent Rob a picture
of their cat in a bag with the following caption on the back: I'm not
coming out until you are well. He still has that picture over his bed
and he still makes sure that everyone sees it and hears about
receiving over 80 get well cards from all over the world. He is
still amazed and impressed with you all.

I've only heard you mention this in brief, because I'm fairly new
here....how is he doing in general? Your just come across as such a sweet
person in your posts, I just hope everything is as well as can be expected
for you guys, given the circumstances....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 2nd 03, 05:48 AM
Tanada

bewtifulfreak wrote:

I've only heard you mention this in brief, because I'm fairly new
here....how is he doing in general? Your just come across as such a sweet
person in your posts, I just hope everything is as well as can be expected
for you guys, given the circumstances....

Thanks, Ann. Rob is doing pretty good, actually. His doctor was
cautiously saying that it looks like the cancer could be going into
remission. We'll know more in November. The average life span of
someone with Rob's type of cancer is 2-15 years. However, the treatment
used for Rob wasn't around 2 years ago, and is still fairly
experimental. We just don't know. Rob is feeling so good, that he says
that he's going to die in an old folks home while chasing the nurses
with his wheelchair. Knowing Rob, I believe him.

We've noticed some temperament changes, which is only to be expected,
but the essential Rob is there. We just have to get through the
retirement part of the military, and then through the screening process
with the VA. Then we'll have an idea how we're going to do. Rob's
final day in the army is September 17, which is also my birthday. We're
still bemused and giggling over this, which strikes us as hilarious for
some strange reason. If you can figure it out, please let us know.

Thanks for asking,

Pam S.
Old September 2nd 03, 07:27 AM
LOL

"Marina" wrote in message ...
Nikki loves paper bags. (She likes plastic, too, but I don't leave those
lying around for her.)

http://tinyurl.com/ltp9

Goodness, she looks fierce! Please give her a scritch for me, when
you can do so without losing a hand. ;-)

------
Krista
Old September 2nd 03, 12:11 PM
bewtifulfreak

Tanada wrote:

Thanks, Ann. Rob is doing pretty good, actually. His doctor was
cautiously saying that it looks like the cancer could be going into
remission. We'll know more in November.

Well, that sounds very hopeful....

The average life span of
someone with Rob's type of cancer is 2-15 years. However, the
treatment used for Rob wasn't around 2 years ago, and is still fairly
experimental. We just don't know. Rob is feeling so good, that he
says that he's going to die in an old folks home while chasing the
nurses
with his wheelchair. Knowing Rob, I believe him.

I don't know him, but I do, too; attitude plays such a big part in the state
of our health, and it sounds like he has an amazingly healthy attitude!

We've noticed some temperament changes, which is only to be expected,
but the essential Rob is there.

Well, of course....you can't go through something like that and not expect
some of that, especially where the brain is concerned. Glad it's not
changed him too, much, though.

We just have to get through the
retirement part of the military, and then through the screening
process with the VA.

Ugh....not heard such great things about them, but hopefully you'll have
better luck. http://vetsforjustice.com/ might be a helpful group if you do
run into any problems, though; don't know a whole lot about them, just ran
across their site on the 'Net recently, and it sounds like they do some
great work for our hardworking military folks.

Rob's
final day in the army is September 17, which is also my birthday.
We're still bemused and giggling over this, which strikes us as
hilarious for some strange reason. If you can figure it out, please
let us know.

I'm not sure, but I know how things like that can getcha....maybe because
it's like you're both being reborn, the start of a new phase in both your
lives? That can be a very happy and hopeful thing, even as it can be a bit
scary as well....

Thanks for asking,

Well, thank you for sharing, sounds like things are pretty positive at the
moment, which I'm glad to hear. Hope your restaurant idea works out
well, and everything is up from here!

All the best to you and the furkids,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 2nd 03, 12:35 PM
polonca12000

Wishing Rob all the best and sending hugs for the rest of the family,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old September 2nd 03, 04:03 PM
Marina

"LOL" wrote

Goodness, she looks fierce! Please give her a scritch for me, when
you can do so without losing a hand. ;-)

You know, Krista, when I read this it hit me that Nikki has never attacked
me. The only scratches I've got from her are the ones on my shoulder where
she likes to hitch a ride., and some from picking her up awkwardly. Oh, yes,
and those when I try to stuff her into her carrier, and she drags herself up
on my shoulder and sticks her claws into my back. But she never plays with
or attacks my hands. Frank does that, but not Nikki. If Frank doesn't like
having his belly rubbed, he grabs hold with all four paws and bunny-kicks my
hand, but Nikki will just lay there and look a bit embarrassed. Hmm. Strange
cat. And yet she is a fierce vole hunter.

--
Marina

Old September 3rd 03, 05:25 AM
LOL

"Marina" wrote in message ...
"LOL" wrote

Goodness, she looks fierce! Please give her a scritch for me, when
you can do so without losing a hand. ;-)

You know, Krista, when I read this it hit me that Nikki has never attacked
me. The only scratches I've got from her are the ones on my shoulder where
she likes to hitch a ride., and some from picking her up awkwardly. Oh, yes,
and those when I try to stuff her into her carrier, and she drags herself up
on my shoulder and sticks her claws into my back. But she never plays with
or attacks my hands. Frank does that, but not Nikki. If Frank doesn't like
having his belly rubbed, he grabs hold with all four paws and bunny-kicks my
hand, but Nikki will just lay there and look a bit embarrassed. Hmm. Strange
cat. And yet she is a fierce vole hunter.

Hmmm. What you have there appears to be a *sweet* kitty - it's rare
and hard to recognize. Do you suppose Nikki would be willing to
conduct a little seminar for Mike? ;-)

------
Krista
Old September 3rd 03, 02:15 PM
Marina

"LOL" wrote

Hmmm. What you have there appears to be a *sweet* kitty - it's rare
and hard to recognize. Do you suppose Nikki would be willing to
conduct a little seminar for Mike? ;-)

You're right, Krista. A sweet kitty. What a strange thing to see. ;o)

Nikki is in great demand in the field of teaching; she is giving a
correspondence course to Xena and Callisto in hunting (haven't heard of
their progress for quite a while, I hope Nikki hasn't been slacking off),
and now a seminar for Mikey. Any other participants in the How To Be A Nice
Kitty While Remaining A Fierce Hunter seminar?

--
Marina, administrator for Professor Nikki